Matt Holliday Rumors

Moderator: HMFFL

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,163

A's Most Likely To Land Holliday? 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu Nov 6, 2008 10:40 pm

Phillies, A's Most Likely To Land Holliday?

The Rockies are getting closer to trading outfielder Matt Holliday and the Phillies and Athletics have emerged as the most likely destinations.

"There is not much pitching in the market available. Period," Colorado GM Dan O'Dowd said. "And any pitching we get will likely be projection pitching. Not that guy that has been there, done it. We are completely open-minded to anything."

Link

Believe it when I see it happen.
TSC25
Veteran
And1: 0

Re: A's Most Likely To Land Holliday? 

Post#2 » by TSC25 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:33 pm

HMFFL wrote:
Phillies, A's Most Likely To Land Holliday?

The Rockies are getting closer to trading outfielder Matt Holliday and the Phillies and Athletics have emerged as the most likely destinations.

"There is not much pitching in the market available. Period," Colorado GM Dan O'Dowd said. "And any pitching we get will likely be projection pitching. Not that guy that has been there, done it. We are completely open-minded to anything."

Link

Believe it when I see it happen.

As much as I'd like to see Holliday in Green & Yellow I really dont want to give up on Gonzalez for a player that wont be here longer than the 2009 season. Unless we can move Holliday to St.Louis for Colby Rasmus.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,163

Matt Holliday Rumors 

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:27 pm

The St. Louis Cardinals and Oakland Athletics have been talking about a possible swap of All-Star outfielder Matt Holliday and top prospect Brett Wallace, according to sources, and one person familiar with the talks places the odds of a deal at 50-50. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4350887
slaterbug
Banned User
And1: 1

Matt Holiday to St. Louis 

Post#4 » by slaterbug » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:45 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4353256

The Athletics and Cardinals have completed a trade that sends outfielder Matt Holliday to St. Louis in exchange for third baseman Brett Wallace, outfielder Shane Peterson and right-handed pitcher Clayton Mortensen, sources told ESPN The Magazine's Buster Olney.

Return to Oakland Athletics