ImageImageImageImageImage

Linden?

opzoneworld
Junior
And1: 0

Linden? 

Post#1 » by opzoneworld » Wed May 9, 2007 5:25 am

What to do with Todd Linden? For whatever reason, he cannot hit. Look at his numbers so far. Tonight he went 0 for 3 with 3 strikeouts. His numbers are now:

.185 AVE, 10 for 54, 1 extra base hit, 22 strikeouts with only 3 RBIs.

This is pathetic. Pathetic may be paying him a compliment even. What can be done?
backer55
Senior
And1: 1

Post#2 » by backer55 » Wed May 9, 2007 8:43 am

He had the same kind of troubles last year too. Big strapping good looking kid, athletic, fair arm, pretty fast, and can't hit. i don't relish the day, if and when, he takes over for Bonds in left field.

That makes three i would, Linden, Pedro, and Randy, love to see gone from this team. Pedro first please. I hear the Dodgers need a guy with pop in his bat. If we paid the dogers to take him, and he played, that would insure that they wouldn't win our division.

I'd like to trade all three plus cash or??? to Colorado for Helton. With him at first and Rich at third. We be going places this year!!
edney2polynice_
Senior

Post#3 » by edney2polynice_ » Wed May 9, 2007 8:55 pm

backer55 wrote:He had the same kind of troubles last year too. Big strapping good looking kid, athletic, fair arm, pretty fast, and can't hit. i don't relish the day, if and when, he takes over for Bonds in left field.

That makes three i would, Linden, Pedro, and Randy, love to see gone from this team. Pedro first please. I hear the Dodgers need a guy with pop in his bat. If we paid the dogers to take him, and he played, that would insure that they wouldn't win our division.

I'd like to trade all three plus cash or??? to Colorado for Helton. With him at first and Rich at third. We be going places this year!!

Puh-Please, Linden, Winn, and Feliz wouldn't net Todd Helton's great grandma in a trade let alone Todd Helton.
edney2polynice_
Senior

Re: Linden? 

Post#4 » by edney2polynice_ » Wed May 9, 2007 8:58 pm

opzoneworld wrote:What to do with Todd Linden? For whatever reason, he cannot hit. Look at his numbers so far. Tonight he went 0 for 3 with 3 strikeouts. His numbers are now:

.185 AVE, 10 for 54, 1 extra base hit, 22 strikeouts with only 3 RBIs.

This is pathetic. Pathetic may be paying him a compliment even. What can be done?

I mean really, what can we do? He's typical AAAA Giants 27-year-old prospect -- Kills minor league pitching but watches strike 3 go by him in the majors.

I'd say play Sweeney more, and Linden less. It's not like we have a better option in Fresno.

Maybe call up Nate?
backer55
Senior

Post#5 » by backer55 » Wed May 9, 2007 10:11 pm

Well, like i said, don't care where they go... but i don't like em here.

If we are going to make a serious bid this year, i think we can, for the play-offs and beyond, there has got to be another big bat added. Many in Colorado do not like Helton, want him on the first bus. Why?not sure. Then there was the trade rumers last year.

Buy him now or one like him later, i say let's get a star off a losing team like Helton and win it all this year. Sounds like a plan, eh?

While i'm at it i just saw Durham and linden drop that pop-upin the 9th. I really like Ray but said before the season that he needed lots of practice catching just those type of balls...his weak link. Linden should have took it, frustraited rook.
edney2polynice_
Senior

Post#6 » by edney2polynice_ » Wed May 9, 2007 10:15 pm

Linden doesn't help his case when he comes in as a defensive replacement and f*cks up a catchable fly ball.
backer55
Senior

Post#7 » by backer55 » Wed May 9, 2007 10:21 pm

Gonna cost em the game. That single to center where the runner scored from first didn't help either.
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#8 » by opzoneworld » Wed May 9, 2007 11:58 pm

I would love to see a trade as much as anybody else in the world. The only problem is the Giants do not have anybody they can trade. There is -no- tallent in AAA or AA and what little talent there is, the Giants have to keep to, at the very least, fill their roster out over the next few years. That is why, imo, Lowry keeps coming up when people say trade because he is the only player who will demand something special in return. Morris could fetch something, along with Bonds if they choose to go that route. Anyone else will get a carrer AAA player at best and they cannot trade Lowry.

We have to blame management for this and are right to blame management for this. Constantly signing 30-somthings in exchange for draft picks will catch up to you. Now it has and it is the fans who have to suffer. The Giants must spend the $$$ on a minor league system. Questions is when will they realize that?
backer55
Senior

Post#9 » by backer55 » Thu May 10, 2007 12:55 am

Morris??

I may be part of the problem, many others probably feel the same way, i want some results NOW! The future is always a concern and your right in your statements but that won't happen overnight.

As i see it, if we are going anywhere this year, we need a protected Barry Bonds in the lineup. Some advocate trading him for talent but to do so is to write off this years season. The Park is full, the Giants must be making big Money. Do as many other top competitive teams do and pay out the Bucks for a, Gonna be homeless, quality bat.

Finally, sign Bonds for another year. He is playing well and has the Best OB, SLG, and OPS Numbers in Baseball. Let him keep the seats full and retire a SF Giant.
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#10 » by opzoneworld » Thu May 10, 2007 4:05 am

I respect that way of thinking Backer and totally understand it. I am just the complete opposite.

I like how the 49ers did it. Hit rock bottom for two years, build your organization from the ground up, and then set yourself up for a possible 5 or so year run at the championship.

As a Giants fan since 1980, I can stand loosing for a season or two if that means we can have an Atlanta-type dynasty for 7-10 years. That is more than a fair trade for me. So if that means giving up on this season to bring in some young, top-tier tallent, then I am all for it. But that is just me.
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#11 » by FaTaL » Thu May 10, 2007 4:28 am

hes totally sucking offensively and defensively
NYKnSTILL!
Banned User
Location: In his deposition, Thomas denied any fireworks. "I'm not attracted to her, no," he said.

Post#12 » by NYKnSTILL! » Thu May 10, 2007 6:29 am

if you guys throw in Sanchez and Lowry we'll take him for Bobby Abreu and Darrel Rasner :D
backer55
Senior

Post#13 » by backer55 » Thu May 10, 2007 6:47 am

Zone, Hey! We're cool. we both want the same thing, it's just the way to go about it that's different. I totally hear you but at the same time, me-me-me, wants it, now-now-now. A bit self centered, but, i'm working on it.

I started being a fan in the sixties, 53 now. The Warriors lost me when Rick Barry left. The 9ers lost me when Joe then Steve Young left. I couldn't name you three players on the team when once, i knew them all. I'm afraid that when Bonds leaves, i may have similar feeling towards the Giants. End of a era kind of thing. That would be sad but it may be the case, we'll hafta see. I could use the time spent watching the games out on the lake, catching 3-5 lb Brown and Rainbow trout. It'a only a few minutes away as i sit and watch the games. "Torn between two lovers."
backer55
Senior

Post#14 » by backer55 » Thu May 10, 2007 8:33 am

Heads up guys! A Yankee fan posted a feeler trade offer, last post of page 1, this topic.

Also i just read 5 pages off their pages, they want Lowrey, Sanchez, and Linden.

Lots of talk between them but they don't want to give us the bat, i think, we need. I'm a little concerned about Cain, wouldn't be willing to give up Lowrey at this time. What do you guys think?
opzoneworld
Junior

Post#15 » by opzoneworld » Thu May 10, 2007 7:12 pm

I would be willing to trade Sanchez. It would be hard but I would be willing. The only way I would trade Lowry is if A-Rod was involved. Other than that, there is nobody the Yanks could offer that would make me give up Lowry.

If I am breaking a link in arguably the best 4-man chain for the next 5-10 years, I better be getting a 5-start player who is still young back. A-Rod is the only Yank who fits that bill.
FaTaL
Veteran
And1: 11

Post#16 » by FaTaL » Fri May 11, 2007 4:06 am

backer55 wrote:Heads up guys! A Yankee fan posted a feeler trade offer, last post of page 1, this topic.

Also i just read 5 pages off their pages, they want Lowrey, Sanchez, and Linden.

Lots of talk between them but they don't want to give us the bat, i think, we need. I'm a little concerned about Cain, wouldn't be willing to give up Lowrey at this time. What do you guys think?

im sure there offering crappy melky for lowry and sanchez. i cant wait to make this trade!

Return to San Francisco Giants