Seattle Mariners 2012 Preview

Slats
Junior
And1: 28

Seattle Mariners 2012 Preview 

Post#1 » by Slats » Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:47 pm

2011 FINISH (67-95) - Fourth Place (AL WEST)

KEY OFFSEASON ADDITIONS: Jesus Montero (DH/C), Hector Noesi (RHP), Hisashi Iwakuma (RHP), George Sherrill (LHP), Kevin Millwood (RHP), John Jaso (C), Munenori Kawasaki (SS)

KEY OFFSEASON SUBTRACTIONS: Michael Pineda (RHP), David Aardsma (RHP), Josh Lueke (RHP), Josh Bard (C), Jack Cust (DH), Adam Kennedy (2B), Jamey Wright (RHP), Wily Mo Pena (OF)

PROJECTED LINEUP: Chone Figgins (3B); Dustin Ackley (2B); Ichiro Suzuki (RF); Justin Smoak (1B); Jesus Montero (DH); Mike Carp (LF); Miguel Olivo (C); Michael Saunders (CF); Brendan Ryan (SS)

PROJECTED ROTATION: Felix Hernandez (RHP); Jason Vargas (LHP); Hector Noesi (RHP); Blake Beavan (RHP); Kevin Millwood (RHP)

PROJECTED CLOSER: Brandon League (RHP)

MANAGER: Eric Wedge

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2012/03/2 ... z1qGX7FSLR
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: Seattle Mariners 2012 Preview 

Post#2 » by Sweezo » Tue Mar 27, 2012 5:33 am

Some interesting additions to the roster: Both Liddi and Seager made the 25 man roster...for now. Millwood, Iwakuma, and Noesi are all inactive for the time being but will presumably be added to the 25 man roster once the team is back in the states.

Three catchers? With Montero, Olivo, and Jaso I'm curious how the playing time breaks down. Montero will certainly DH a fair amount, and Jaso's been getting some time at first base this spring.

The two exhibition games against the Giants and Tigers were completely disheartening. Iwakuma's getting hit hard, and the offense is no-existent.
Slats
Junior
And1: 28

Post#3 » by Slats » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:26 am

I am expecting the offense to take a step forward with our core of Smoak, Montero and Ackely. Pitching I think will be taking a step backwards and I wouldn't be surprised to see Vargas, Beaven and League moved by the deadline with so much pitching depth in the minors.
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#4 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:36 pm

Our starting rotation is awful.

Return to Seattle Mariners