What would you trade for a guy like Justin Upton

bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

What would you trade for a guy like Justin Upton 

Post#1 » by bennith13 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:16 am

Anyone see the post on prospect insider about this? I personally would want to trade Walker or Hultzen or Paxton or Franklin for anybody. Well maybe Matt Kemp but the point is if I am trading them in a package deal I want more then Justin Upton.

What do people think? I would like us to use some of our developing depth in the Minors, especially since it looks like we will have another good pick this year.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: What would you trade for a guy like Justin Upton 

Post#2 » by Sweezo » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:11 am

Here's something that kind of concerns me...

J. Upton [career]: .276/.357/.477
M. Saunders [away '12]: .299/.358/.517

As good a player as Justin Upton is, how is he going to play at Safeco Field? Saunders looks like a star outside of Safeco, and he struggles as much as anyone else in Seattle. Does Upton do the same thing?

Upton makes a ton of money and is only under team control for a couple more years. Why trade a top shelf SP for someone that may come here and struggle just as much as the guys we have now? I fear Upton would cost a ton as Arizona doesn't have to deal him but may if offered a huge deal.

Do we want to do the Bedard trade all over again?
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Re: What would you trade for a guy like Justin Upton 

Post#3 » by Bulltalk » Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:59 pm

I had that same thought about Upton and Safeco Field. Remember Adrian Beltre? What's he hitting now, .326 with 15 HR's and 54 RBI's. He didn't come close to that as a Mariner.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)

Return to Seattle Mariners