felix throws a PERFECT GAME!

TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

felix throws a PERFECT GAME! 

Post#1 » by TTown » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:32 am

i think we all knew it was just a matter of time, but even still, so much has to go right...

congrats to felix on his epic afternoon.
ImageImageImageImage
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Re: felix throws a PERFECT GAME! 

Post#2 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:50 am

That 8th inning where he struck out the side was so damn exciting. Man, and I would have missed the game if I hadnt been sick and called in to work, haha. Greatest Mariners moment ever. Love it. So happy for the King.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#3 » by Bulltalk » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:38 am

That was gorgeous. Didn't see the game live, but caught just about every highlight. I love Felix. I want him here for the duration of his career, or at least nearly all of it. I hope we extend him this off-season or next off-season at the latest. You know, something like 6 years at 25 million a year or so.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
bennith13
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#4 » by bennith13 » Fri Aug 17, 2012 7:25 am

I got to the game late after I wasn't going to go due to it being a early game but after I heard what was going on I got there and saw about the 6th on. Pretty awesome. I hope we can get some players around him fairly soon as I am getting tired of reading all of the comments around the web about how good Felix is but that it sucks he is stuck on our team.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Sat Aug 18, 2012 1:38 am

I listened to the game at work but had to leave for court at 3:00 pm. So I sat and followed it on my phone from the courtroom. I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. I saw a tweet about '15 up, 15 down' on Twitter when I first decided to turn the radio on in my office.

I was just as excited when I watched the replay on ROOT later that neat. Holy smokes did he have everything working. I am so happy for Felix and the fans who've been teased with something like this for so long. What dominance...

Now give the man another Cy Young and a contract extension!
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by TTown » Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:49 pm

jered weaver just torpedoed himself in the cy young race......... now felix just needs to keep being felix and find a way to pass verlander and possibly price.
ImageImageImageImage
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Bulltalk » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:10 pm

TTown wrote:jered weaver just torpedoed himself in the cy young race......... now felix just needs to keep being felix and find a way to pass verlander and possibly price.

I saw that. He's virtually out of the race now, as his starts/innings pitched won't be anywhere near where Felix's are. I think Felix is leading or neck and neck with anyone now when you look at all the statistics, including the new-fangled ones. I hope he continues to pitch as great as he has been, and things break his way with Price and Verlander, not give writers much the opportunity to justify their vote for anyone else. The perfect game is going to stick in peoples' minds as well.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by TTown » Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:30 pm

the title of this thread is so awesome i'm going to keep it around as our unofficial felix cy young watch.

verlander threw up all over himself last night in kc, giving up 8 in 5.2. his era plummets to 2.80.

era watch:

1. felix, 2.43
2. price, 2.53
3. verlander, 2.80
4. sale, 2.81
5. weaver, 2.85

while voters appear to be slowly transitioning away from some of the old standards (wins, as we saw first hand in 2010) era is still the most prominent pitching statistic in voter's minds, even if there are newer and better pitching categories to delve into. of the 'traditional' stats, the only thing verlander has on felix is strikeouts (a healthy lead, but felix is 2nd in the AL in the same category) and opponents BAA (.214 to .218, 2nd and 3rd in the AL, respectively). hell, felix even has a better w/l record at this point! not something you'd expect.

felix is first, or tied for first, in games started, shut outs, and IP; he's second in WHIP, K's, CG (admittedly, to verlander). oh, and he has that perfect game thing a couple weeks back, too.
ImageImageImageImage
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Bulltalk » Sat Sep 1, 2012 10:47 pm

I could kick our manager Wedge in the nuts today. We're leading 2-1 going into the top half of the 8th inning. Felix did not have his best stuff, but nonetheless had kept us in the game, as our team once again couldn't score more runs for him. He was over 100 pitches, he was tiring a bit, the Angels top of the order was coming to the plate in the 8th, and we've got a great bullpen. It was time to take Felix out. Anyone (I thought) could see that.

Let's face it, Felix going for the Cy Young is about the most exciting thing left for us fans this season. If Wedge takes him out there, his ERA is down to 2.39, and at the very worst he gets either a win or a no decision. So he either is 14-5 with a 2.39 ERA, or 13-5 with a 2.39 ERA.

What happens? A tiring Felix without his best stuff ends up getting credited with 4 more earned runs, and probably puts another loss on his record.

Thanks Wedgy. You not only lessened our chances of winning the game, but you also compromised Felix's stranglehold on the Cy Young race.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)

Return to Seattle Mariners