Baltimore Orioles @ Seattle Mariners

Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Baltimore Orioles @ Seattle Mariners 

Post#1 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:10 am

Another quality win at home! Joe Saunders throws the first CG for the M's this season.

Having Michael Saunders back in the lineup make such a huge difference. Hits a home run in his first at bat, drives in another run later, and he flashes the same great defense he always has.

Jason Bay went 3-4 and now owns a respectable .269/.367/.423 triple slash line on the season. That's certainly acceptable for a 4 OF. Meanwhile, poor Casper Wells is now with his 4th team this season...

I agree with the thoughts posted in the other thread. When Guti comes back, the decision on whom to keep should be pretty straight forward. With Guti's injury history, Chavez has some use on the bench as a defensive replacement/injury insurance. His bat has never been a strong point but sometimes he can string some hits together. Bay's doing a little bit of everything: Getting some hits, getting on base, hitting for some power, and providing adequate defense. Ibanez has to be the odd man out...being a veteran isn't enough. Chavez and Bay are veterans for crying out loud.

As bad as things were a couple weeks ago, I'm feeling a bit more positive about the team. Some good things are starting to happen.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Re: Baltimore Orioles @ Seattle Mariners 

Post#2 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:25 pm

Yep. Saunders being back is a great thing. He improves our offense and defense a ton. Love it.

Saunders should only be allowed to pitch at SafeCo.

Good win. Didn't watch much of it, but saw our little 4-run outburst. Awesome hustle by Saunders and Bay coming up clutch.

Love it.
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#3 » by TTown » Wed May 1, 2013 12:26 am

saunders (joe) confuses the hell out of me. sometimes i don't think he could get me out, other times he looks like he wrote the book on how to induce ground balls.

just when i'm ready to write off this season, they bring me back in...
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Wed May 1, 2013 2:26 am

TTown wrote:just when i'm ready to write off this season, they bring me back in...

And with that sentence, you summoned Bad Maurer.
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by TTown » Wed May 1, 2013 5:14 am

seriously. this loss is on me.
ImageImageImageImage
TTown
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by TTown » Thu May 2, 2013 3:58 am

5-0 m's, top 6.

is harang throwing a 2-hit shutout through six? why yes sir, he is.

are we going to win our second series in a row? why yes sir, we are.

morse has gone yard again. ackley and smoak are up into the .240s. progress?

13 of the next 16 on the road.
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Sweezo » Thu May 2, 2013 4:36 am

TTown wrote:morse has gone yard again. ackley and smoak are up into the .240s. progress?

Progress!

Is it a coincidence that the team is suddenly playing much better now that Saunders is back? I don't think so.

Also, Adam Jones is having a ghastly night. Makes the Bedard trade look--ahhhh, I can't finish that sentence with a straight face...

Return to Seattle Mariners