Mariners @ Yankees

BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Mariners @ Yankees 

Post#1 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Wed May 15, 2013 11:38 pm

7-0 M's. Bottom 1st.

:o

Well, that's one way to rebound after a Game One we had in the bag.

Ibanez grand slam. He likes Yankee Stadium.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Re: Mariners @ Yankees 

Post#2 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Fri May 17, 2013 7:07 pm

Where are my boys Sweeeeeez and Towny? :(

Great game last night. Thought I was going to have a heart attack late in the game. Our bullpen gave some scares, but somehow pulled it out.

lol @ Ichiro. Man, he's fallen off sooooo much. Getting old sucks.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#3 » by Sweezo » Fri May 17, 2013 8:34 pm

Sorry, busy week and 4 p.m. didn't give me much of a chance to catch the games other than listening on the radio for the parts where I was stuck in traffic. Which is a shame because that meant I missed an Ibanez grand slam, Wedge getting tossed, and some crazy play where Felix was called for obstructing a baserunner. I'm thrilled with the results though.

While the first game in the series was a rip-off, I'd say winning a game where last-second replacement Hector Noesi gave you 4+ solid innings balances the scales.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior

Post#4 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Fri May 17, 2013 9:44 pm

Sweezo wrote:Sorry, busy week and 4 p.m. didn't give me much of a chance to catch the games other than listening on the radio for the parts where I was stuck in traffic. Which is a shame because that meant I missed an Ibanez grand slam, Wedge getting tossed, and some crazy play where Felix was called for obstructing a baserunner. I'm thrilled with the results though.

You also missed the final out of Game One which was a called strike three of Michael Morse that was by far the worst balls/strikes call I have ever seen. The pitch from Rivera (2-2 count) was LITERALLY an entire foot inside. ATLEAST. Awful. Just awful. And this was after Felix got called for obstructing a runner that was a good two or three full strides from the bag which was already being touched by Morales.

F the Yanks. :lol:
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Fri May 17, 2013 11:45 pm

BayAreaMadSkill wrote:You also missed the final out of Game One which was a called strike three of Michael Morse that was by far the worst balls/strikes call I have ever seen. The pitch from Rivera (2-2 count) was LITERALLY an entire foot inside. ATLEAST. Awful. Just awful. And this was after Felix got called for obstructing a runner that was a good two or three full strides from the bag which was already being touched by Morales.

F the Yanks. :lol:

I did see the Morse K as I was home by that point and caught the tail end of the game. It was also referenced on U.S.S. Mariner:

Return to Seattle Mariners