Minnesota Twins @ Seattle Mariners

Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Minnesota Twins @ Seattle Mariners 

Post#1 » by Sweezo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:47 am

Yesterday was certainly a disappointment, but the M's have shrugged off that loss and are taking it to the Twins early. They chased Correia in the second inning with a six run outburst. Ackley's checked in with two solid hits. Good time to be an M's fan.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Minnesota Twins @ Seattle Mariners 

Post#2 » by Sweezo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:10 am

Nice win! We're now 10 back in the division...and 7.5 back in the WC race.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#3 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:01 pm

Great game! I loved how aggressive our guys were at the plate. Really took advantage of a mediocre pitcher and we found some holes before the big 3 run blast.

F that umpire for hurting Perez's ERA though. Man, that was some bull. :x

Today we have a 5 something ERA going against Felix. Gotta be a win.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#4 » by Sweezo » Fri Jul 26, 2013 9:35 pm

Right the middle of a post expressing excitement about tonight, KJR just said Zunino was placed on the 15 day DL with a broken bone in his hand. Perfect.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Sweezo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 12:45 am

Well, that's two losses in a row and the offense has been nonexistent.
nuke the whales
Junior
And1: 6

Post#6 » by nuke the whales » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:59 pm

Makes the buy/sell question a little easier
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Sweezo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:39 pm

nuke the whales wrote:Makes the buy/sell question a little easier

Which might be for the best if the M's were legitimately considering trading for Jake Peavy.
TTown
Bench Warmer
And1: 11

Post#8 » by TTown » Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:22 am

the felix loss was the most disheartening in quite some time. i had a bad feeling going in when we reacted to zunino's injury by also sitting saunders and miller. that's a lot of offense to be replaced by by blah-hitters like bay, blanco, and ryan. and lo and behold, we couldn't score for felix.
ImageImageImageImage
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Sweezo » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:17 am

TTown wrote:the felix loss was the most disheartening in quite some time. i had a bad feeling going in when we reacted to zunino's injury by also sitting saunders and miller. that's a lot of offense to be replaced by by blah-hitters like bay, blanco, and ryan. and lo and behold, we couldn't score for felix.

I'm not sure why Saunders has been used less this series as he's been on a roll and he's more likely to have a future with this team than other options. Which is another way of saying...why the hell is Endy Chavez getting so much playing time? I appreciate what he gave us as a replacement CF for Guti when we had fewer options, but with Saunders and Ackley we have less use for a guy like Chavez.

He's 35 years old, sports a sub .300 OBP with no power and no base stealing ability. A decent 5th OF type but he's at about 250 plate appearances at this point.

It sounds like Morse packed his bags which probably means he's getting called up from his rehab assignment. Who leaves? Bay's not offering much right now, and Chavez doesn't either. Wouldn't be shocked if both go whenever Guti's ready.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#10 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:32 pm

Agree about Chavez. Doesn't really have a use on this team, although its not as if Ibanez has done anything since the break. With Morse coming back, definitely cut ties with Bay. He's useless.

That series sucked. Bad. The Felix game was beyond frustrating. Splitting at home with the Twins is unacceptable.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Sweezo » Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:31 pm

And the deadline comes and goes with nothing happening. I was intrigued by the rumor that the Orioles were interested in Perez/Morse/Saunders as you might be able to get a decent return on those three [and none of them seem like they're in the team's long term plans anyway] in a package deal. Instead, nothing materializes. Maybe they can move one or two in a post-deadline waiver wire deal. I'm really not interested in keeping Morse around at this point. In his first game back last night, his timing was way off and he was a hack-master. Same thing he struggled with after his first return from injury this season.

Return to Seattle Mariners