mariners (0-0) @ angels (0-0)

Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: mariners (0-0) @ angels (0-0) 

Post#61 » by Sweezo » Wed Apr 2, 2014 5:34 am

I don't know which game was better. Last night, we had Felix overcome a 2 run HR to Trout and get 11 K's. The Zunino triple. Almonte's game winning RBI. Ackley's triple. Smoak's HR following the Cano walk.

Tonight? Possibly the best game Erasmo's pitched for the M's. Miller with 2 HR. Smoak with a 3 run double after the Cano IBB. Another RBI double for Almonte. That damn pickoff move by Beimel.

I know it's only two games so I'm not going to make crazy predictions, but for two nights it's been fun to watch the M's. Fun. It's been awhile since I've been able to say that with a straight face.

I know we started out 2-0 last season too. But do you remember those games? The first we won 2-0 where Brett anderson shut us done but Guti managed to drive in two runs to win it as the A's could do nothing against Felix. The second we won when Morse hit his 2 home runs. After that? Joe Saunders got shelled, then Maurer got shelled, and any sense of momentum was gone.

The offense won't average 9 runs per game, but for all the concerns about pitching depth we're starting this season with Paxton/Elias/Young v. Saunders/Maurer/Beavan. Paxton looked great last year and this spring. Elias is a huge wild card but he looked great this spring against guys like Trout, Pujols, Tulo, and CarGo. I don't expect he'll get rattled like Maurer [and he might be able to get a LHB out]. Young? For a 5th starter, we could do worse. Just one month of healthy baseball from him...that's all he has to give us.

Paxton v. Hector Santiago is a decent matchup...here's hoping for the sweep.

Return to Seattle Mariners