Mariners @ Texas (4 Game Series)

Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Mariners @ Texas (4 Game Series) 

Post#1 » by Bulltalk » Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:08 pm

I'm starting to get a little bit of that familiar sinking feeling about the M's again. :lol: We've got to start hitting again, and this ballpark is a good place to start. It will be disappointing if we leave Texas having gotten swept, or only take one out of four from them. I don't want to be 6-9 or 7-8 leaving there. Thankfully, Felix is pitching one of the games, but he'll be facing Yu Darvish when he does, which doesn't bode well for our lineup at the plate.

Anyway...we'll see.

Go M's.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Re: Mariners @ Texas (4 Game Series) 

Post#2 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:16 am

It didnt take long for the Mariners to once again become the worst offense in baseball.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Post#3 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:44 am

BayAreaMadSkill wrote:It didnt take long for the Mariners to once again become the worst offense in baseball.

And now they're back to being awesome! Morrison goes down with an injury and Saunders doesn't hesitate to take advantage. Nothing's better to cure Seager's hitting problems than a trip to Texas. Up 3-0 and Elias is rolling once again.
BayAreaMadSkill
Junior
And1: 31

Post#4 » by BayAreaMadSkill » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:48 am

Man. My reverse jinxes have had a good effect on the Mariners this season, haha.

I love Ackley since the break last year.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using RealGM Forums mobile app
nuke the whales
Junior
And1: 6

Post#5 » by nuke the whales » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:51 am

Hey, we're taking advantage of another team's bad defense for a change.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:54 am

nuke the whales wrote:Hey, we're taking advantage of another team's bad defense for a change.

Can anyone recall seeing so many bad defensive plays in one inning? I hope they overturn this out at home because Washington is going to lose his mind AND Noesi is warming up in the pen. Time to exorcise all the demons.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#7 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:55 am

Oh, this is delightful. There goes Washington...
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by Bulltalk » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:58 am

I AM SO F*CKING SICK OF THESE INSTANT REPLAYS TAKING SO LONG!!! The rule IS WHAT IT IS!!! It's clear he didn't have control on the transfer to his throwing hand (whether you like the rule or not). I could see that in one f*cking replay in about ten seconds. WHY DO THEY TAKE SO LONG!!!

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
nuke the whales
Junior

Post#9 » by nuke the whales » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:58 am

Sweezo wrote:Noesi is warming up in the pen

I never thought I would be happy to see that typed.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:59 am

nuke the whales wrote:

I never thought I'd be happy to type it!
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:00 am

Bulltalk wrote:I AM SO F*CKING SICK OF THESE INSTANT REPLAYS TAKING SO LONG!!! The rule IS WHAT IT IS!!! It's clear he didn't have control on the transfer to his throwing hand (whether you like the rule or not). I could see that in one f*cking replay in about ten seconds. WHY DO THEY TAKE SO LONG!!!

No idea. The new transfer rule may be stupid, but the call was clearly going to be overturned. I'm admittedly a fan of replay because I do like having something in place to counter the "human element," but they've got to tighten this **** up.
iceman1685
Pro Prospect
And1: 91

Post#12 » by iceman1685 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:02 am

Sweezo wrote:
nuke the whales wrote:

I never thought I'd be happy to type it!

no kidding although watch him go 3 inning without giving up a run
iceman1685
Pro Prospect

Post#13 » by iceman1685 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:02 am

i am a mariners fan but i cant stand the transfer rule. i think if you catch it its an out period. the transfer should be included in the throw not the catch.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Bulltalk » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:05 am

Sweezo wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:I AM SO F*CKING SICK OF THESE INSTANT REPLAYS TAKING SO LONG!!! The rule IS WHAT IT IS!!! It's clear he didn't have control on the transfer to his throwing hand (whether you like the rule or not). I could see that in one f*cking replay in about ten seconds. WHY DO THEY TAKE SO LONG!!!

No idea. The new transfer rule may be stupid, but the call was clearly going to be overturned. I'm admittedly a fan of replay because I do like having something in place to counter the "human element," but they've got to tighten this **** up.

I am nuts? What the f*ck is the problem? Why can't there be a guy in the booth who looks at it and decides in two seconds what the call should be? If he can't, then it's inconclusive, and don't overturn it.

This drove me nuts during the football season. Why do I feel more competent to make the call just sitting there watching it on my TV than these f*cking trained experts.?

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Bulltalk » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:07 am

iceman1685 wrote:i am a mariners fan but i cant stand the transfer rule. i think if you catch it its an out period. the transfer should be included in the throw no the catch.

I agree that the rule may be stupid. But that's not the point to me. These instant replays take minutes when they should take seconds. That's the problem.

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:08 am

iceman1685 wrote:i am a mariners fan but i cant stand the transfer rule. i think if you catch it its an out period. the transfer should be included in the throw no the catch.

I know I just referred to it as "stupid" a second ago, but I think there's some cases where based on the transfer you can tell the ball was never controlled. It's a very fine line. But that call that went against some outfielder where he took a couple steps, hit the wall, and lost the ball on a transfer while turning to throw was insane [and that was the decision after the replay]? Just absolute nonsense.
nuke the whales
Junior

Post#17 » by nuke the whales » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:08 am

We scored 6 runs in that inning, or 1 more than the 3 game series we just finished against the A's, 3 more than the 2 game series before that against the angels, and equal to the three games before that against the A's.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:10 am

Bulltalk wrote:
I am nuts? What the f*ck is the problem? Why can't there be a guy in the booth who looks at it and decides in two seconds what the call should be? If he can't, then it's inconclusive, and don't over turn it.

This drove me nuts during the football season. Why do I feel more competent to make the call just sitting there watching it on my TV than these f*cking trained experts.?

No idea. I'd say it might be due to different umpire crews, but aren't these calls being reviewed back in NYC by the same group each time? I can't blame the fans or Ron Washington for being royally pissed off about that process. As a fan if I sat through that I'd be furious.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Sweezo » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:14 am

Yeah, Smoak...you show Noesi who's boss.
iceman1685
Pro Prospect

Post#20 » by iceman1685 » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:14 am

smoak trying to leave yard vs noesi wonder how long till he implodes?

Return to Seattle Mariners