Series Thread: Mariners @ Tigers

PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Series Thread: Mariners @ Tigers 

Post#1 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Wed May 9, 2007 2:06 am

So, I didn't see as much as I would've liked, but Batista got waxed like a candle today and the Mariners provided some decent offense but no timely hitting. It also looked like the Tigers may have had 20 LOB thanks to our pitching.

Sean Green sucks. Jake Woods needs to do long relief. Even though he still sucks.

Oh, and a fun fact they showed on the screen: opponents are batting .465 against Jeff Weaver. That's not a typo. Couple that with the fact that he's matched up with Justin Verlander in two days, and we're f**ked for that game.
Tim Lehrbach wrote:I will break the Rose Garden.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 36

Re: Series Thread: Mariners @ Tigers 

Post#2 » by Sweezo » Wed May 9, 2007 2:58 am

PhilipNelsonFan wrote:So, I didn't see as much as I would've liked, but Batista got waxed like a candle today and the Mariners provided some decent offense but no timely hitting. It also looked like the Tigers may have had 20 LOB thanks to our pitching.

I think you made a simple typo. Ramirez just plain sucks. The good news? He throws strikes. The bad news? People hit strikes. You know who throws strikes people have trouble hitting? Rafael Soriano...

Still, the M's had a shot to win the game in the end against one of the best pitchers in baseball. If only Ramirez could keep them close...
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: Series Thread: Mariners @ Tigers 

Post#3 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Wed May 9, 2007 6:58 am

Sweezo wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think you made a simple typo. Ramirez just plain sucks. The good news? He throws strikes. The bad news? People hit strikes. You know who throws strikes people have trouble hitting? Rafael Soriano...

Still, the M's had a shot to win the game in the end against one of the best pitchers in baseball. If only Ramirez could keep them close...

F**k. :oops: I missed seeing who was SP for the Mariners, and I can never keep Batista and Ramirez straight for some reason. Ramirez is the one who keeps getting destroyed.
Ex-hippie
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#4 » by Ex-hippie » Wed May 9, 2007 4:15 pm

So, what's our ideal starting rotation right now? Felix, Washburn, I guess Batista, I guess Baek, and who else? Ryan Feierabend?

Ramirez's incompetence just underscores the harsh reality: when you put Bill Bavasi in a room with a shrewd businessman like John Schuerholz, Scott Boras or Jim Bowden, disaster is sure to follow.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#5 » by BlackMamba » Wed May 9, 2007 9:58 pm

outside of felix (come back!!!!!) which pitcher of the Ms doesnt gets detroyed? they are the 2nd worst in the league...
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Sweezo » Thu May 10, 2007 12:30 am

^^ Washburn and Batista are solid. Batista got rocked to start the year, but the guy had a proven track record and you knew he was going to go back to doing what he normally does.

Meanwhile with Ramirez, Baek, and Weaver...their career stats are all over the place. Those are the ones that scare me.
myELFboy
Analyst

Post#7 » by myELFboy » Thu May 10, 2007 2:13 am

well, the M's with a 9-2 lead in the top of the 6th. Pretty good so far.
Blaze the Nugz
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#8 » by Blaze the Nugz » Thu May 10, 2007 7:34 am

Baek had a great game tonight. 9 innings pitched with only 2 runs allowed, granted some amazing defense behind him, but still 2 runs against the Tigers is pretty good.
RockyBalboa
Banned User

Post#9 » by RockyBalboa » Thu May 10, 2007 12:45 pm

nice game..... ESPN should talk about that blown call at home plate like they did with the call in New York.
NateMustGo
Starter
And1: 1

Post#10 » by NateMustGo » Thu May 10, 2007 2:56 pm

Great game against a very tough team.I like what i'm seeing so far get Felix back and we have a shot at the west.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Sweezo » Thu May 10, 2007 5:48 pm

...and Jeff Weaver's getting lit up once again. God, just put an end to this failed experiment already.

RockyBalboa wrote:nice game..... ESPN should talk about that blown call at home plate like they did with the call in New York.

The blown call had no impact on the outcome though, while that blown call of the "steal" did.
PhilipNelsonFan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by PhilipNelsonFan » Thu May 10, 2007 8:48 pm

This is just laughable.

Leads the league in losses, plus batters are averaging better than .460 against him.
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant

Post#13 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Thu May 10, 2007 9:52 pm

His chances are over. I dont want to see him pitch in a Mariners uniform for a very long time. Send his ass down to the minors where he belongs.

When Felix gets back, just have him back as our 1, followed by Washburn, Batista, Baek (He's earned it), and....Morrow? Hell, I dont care, anyone is better than Weaver.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by Sweezo » Fri May 11, 2007 12:21 am

Bay_Areas_Finest wrote:When Felix gets back, just have him back as our 1, followed by Washburn, Batista, Baek (He's earned it), and....Morrow? Hell, I dont care, anyone is better than Weaver.

So you've given up on Horacio?
Bay_Areas_Finest
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by Bay_Areas_Finest » Fri May 11, 2007 3:38 am

I actually just totally forgot about him, haha.

So pretty simple. Baek takes Weavers place. Works for me.
Sweezo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#16 » by Sweezo » Fri May 11, 2007 3:48 am

I figured...but I couldn't pass up the opportunity to be a smartass. :D

Return to Seattle Mariners