ImageImageImage

Dante Exum ,healthy and just turned 28 on full display at FIBA WC

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,036

Re: Dante Exum ,healthy and just turned 28 on full display at FIBA WC 

Post#21 » by tleikheen » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:45 pm

His consistent play, steady hand and ability to lead the offense, and involve his teammates both in the half court, but also pushing in transition, has made people pay attention. Deservedly so.

He has a clear calming presence on this team, and his confidence and consistency leading the offense, when Luka and Kyrie Irving are out, is something we have not seen on the Mavericks for a long time.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/the-dante-exum-theory-why-surrounding-luka-don%C4%8Di%C4%87-with-players-who-have-high-level-european-experience-is-a-winning-recipe/ar-AA1luCkv?ocid=msedgntp&pc=HCTS&cvid=94898e57e549488cb86bdf27eddbccf6&ei=13
tleikheen
Assistant Coach

Post#22 » by tleikheen » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:01 am

Do you get tired of Exum..........,he's now shooting 54.3 FG / 42.5 3pt ..I already think Luka and Kyrie accept him.
tleikheen
Assistant Coach

Post#23 » by tleikheen » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:43 am

So many of you badmouthed the signing of Exum ,relegating him to the end of the bench and not worthy of a spot on this Mavs team. None of you watched him excel in the Olympics, Euro leagues and the World Cup as not worthy of NBA basketball .
You all bought into he couldnt shoot the 3 ball NEVER accounting for his injuries as a big part of the problem . He went to Europe to show he can stay healthy not shoot the 3 ball but that happened . When you look at NBA Australia they talk about being healthy not his 3 pt shooting ,they know what his problem was. He just needed to play without the injuries to show what he was always capable of doing.
Dali
Sophomore
And1: 40

Post#24 » by Dali » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:06 pm

I do have to add that Exum being a sub 30 percent 3 point shooter only a few games ago was not indicative on just how improved in this aspect he is as a player. Lakers bet the house that he is a bad shooter judging by the numbers, left him wide open and they paid the price.I believe a combination of nerves, and adjusting to the length of the NBA 3 point line again was a catalyst of him not performing in that aspect of his game until recently. I still think he is in the process of adjusting.

Have a look at his free throw percentage. At one point he shot 93 percent from the free throw line in Europe. He is sub 70 right now in the NBA. Once again, not indicative of the improved shooter he is and I believe he will fix his percentage there too and I truly believe it has to do with nerves and wanting to impress. He will settle down at some stage.

One of the most concerning things today, every time he sat down, the wolves went on massive runs. At one point he was +16 and when he was off the court, the team was -29. One game doesn't dictate that there is a problem, but this has been going on all season. The numbers when Dante is on the court with Luka/Kyrie, compared to when he's off the court, are staggering, and it is not a coincidence.

Return to Dallas Mavericks