ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Magic (Mond. 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,152

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Magic (Mond. 830PMEST) 

Post#101 » by ozwizard8 » Wed Jan 31, 2024 1:10 am

Bob8 wrote:
joesha1698 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:It is Mavs FO's fault of bringing kyrie. It took us unprotected picks, dfs, dinwiddie to get kyrie. Kyrie is making max money.
Kyrie is not playing like a max player.
Imagine Mavs having Paul Geroge, KAT, Bam Adebayo, D.Booker etc. I did not even count the superstars. Just listed some max players that are worth the given salary.

Kyrie being unavailable due to mental or physical health issues is not a new thing. As a max player he is fraud but I cant accuse him for taking the max contract, that's the FO's mistake. Cuban is probably paying $1m/game for Kyrie since Kyrie is out for half of the games. I dont care how much money Cuban would lose, but I do care about salary cap.

Paying Kyrie max money (while having Luka-THJ) means the rest of the roster to be bad. He may not be responsible for signing a lucrative deal. But Mavs FO is responsible for investing in Kyrie. Its been 1 year and total record is terrible. The reality is Mavs are struggling to make playoffs after that trade while having prime Luka.

Mavs are lucky to have signed Kyrie. FA aren't lining up to play in Dallas or play with Luka's style of play. And we got Kyrie at a discount. Plus, Kyrie is a great human being that gives back to the community. We're lucky to have his talents.

How extremely lucky would Mavs have been, if he was actually playing games.

lol you're right, Mavs would be lucky if he was playing continuously. For one reason or another Kyrie did only played 50ish games per season in the last 5 years. He has a hybrid work schedule and is taking days off to work remotely.

Joking aside, when Kyrie is playing alongside Luka, Mavs had sth like 18-20 record overall. Kyrie's ball skills are not up for debate, but his effectiveness, defense, and his effect on teams' Win column are very debatableI am pretty sure Luka-Dinwiddie-DFS had a better record than that.

Return to Dallas Mavericks