ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Cavaliers (Tuesd., 7PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Cavaliers (Tuesd., 7PMEST) 

Post#41 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:13 am

ejs78 wrote:0-4 road trip coming

And Kidd fired? I'll take it...
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,152

Post#42 » by ozwizard8 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:05 am

Mavrelous wrote:Luka and Kyrie played 40 minutes, Exum is badly needed tomorrow.

Kidd needs to find some minutes where we defend better while making some bad looking scoring. Go to ft line, use some screen action etc. Just have more gafford minutes with defensive roster to rest kyrie Luka more.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#43 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 9:51 am

daoneandonly wrote:KIdd, Kleber, Green; these guys are not conducive to winning, successful basketball

If you had actually watched the game you'd have seen that both Maxi and Green made huge plays in the clutch on various occassions but I guess you gotta live up to your reputation every day here.
100% with you on Kidd though.
Oscar9992
Analyst
And1: 2,970

Post#44 » by Oscar9992 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:19 pm

;ab_channel=AwfulCoaching
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,931

Post#45 » by Dirk » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:28 pm

Only reason the Mavs were even in the game was Luka, but this play really was bad to watch.

Full possession with the ball. Cavs on the other end move the ball and get a better shot.
60/21/10
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,931

Post#46 » by Dirk » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:33 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:KIdd, Kleber, Green; these guys are not conducive to winning, successful basketball

If you had actually watched the game you'd have seen that both Maxi and Green made huge plays in the clutch on various occassions but I guess you gotta live up to your reputation every day here.
100% with you on Kidd though.

And then had a nice assist.

PJ Washington showing emotion.

It did look like Maxi, PJ Washington, Green did okay in the 4th quarter to win the game last night. I do think that besides the "bad luck" (guy being crazy accurate 5 straight times), the Mavs didn't defend him as well as they should a couple of times (one of them off that silly inbounds turnover).

What is really irritating is that this game looked lost midgame. It took a Luka run to make it competitive. Then you build a 10 point lead... and we proceed to see that surreal ending. Even after the craziness... the mavs are up with 2 seconds left... but still give away a running 3. So frustrating. Chances of losing were so low... but mentally... bad mistakes.
60/21/10
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#47 » by kacey ring » Wed Feb 28, 2024 1:58 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:I was watching the game 1 hour behind. NBA TV app glitched and it suddenly put me back to Cavs broadcast and interview with Struss. I saw the score and Cavs won by 2.

Gotta love that app
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#48 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:03 pm

Do the Mavs need to move the ball more ...yes they do
Do they need some sort of game plan/system...yes they do
Do they have a coach who has a system...NO they don't

They don't even have a coach....J Kidd is just there watching the games from the best seats in the arena...he's not the savior... he's just watching .. it's not end of life if they lose ...those were his words, weren't they??

Apart from Luka and Kai,this team would benefit greatly with some set plays...something they could run,see if its working,if it gets other Players going,and if not you can always let Luka and Kai cook...the team isn't as bad as it looks and it's looking more and more like the coach is out of his depth...J Kidd was an amazing player, but let's face it,he sucks as a Head coach

He always finds new excuses,blames others... it's getting old...it's the coaches job to calm his team down,to tell them what to do when thing don't go their way...he was bailed out a lot by Luka's and Kai 's brilliance...he was begging for a backup C and a PF and now he's playing Gafford 6 minutes....because he didn't Play good against IND and because he wasn't spectacular against CLE...why does he have such a short leash ,yet Timmy and Hardaway can play thru some bad decisions(he gives them a chance to improve)

he was suppose to be a players coach,yet he never has their backs...Rick was an a-hole to some Players in practice(DSJ) ,yet when the refs made a bad call,stood up for his players...Kidd is Just watching,calmly ,like he's on some meds, never getting T'd up to stand up for his team...i'm sure the Players would apreciate that more than kissing ass

There's always this criticism that Luka can't play in a system,Just because Mavs didn't have one...they made him the system when the team was terrible...Luka knows how to play in a system...he played one in Real...yes he was Younger, but put him on Real again and they would still run it...Slovenia is still running plays...they aren't Just winging it..sure they do wing it when he's on fire,but otherwise there's moving,screens,passing, and it would be the same if he was in Real... but it's not like that in Mavs cause Kidd lets the Players figure it out for themselves...well not everybody is Luka and Kai....they don't all have that BB IQ, the knowledge to anticipate,predict certain moves....most Players need structure,a system, a real coach...and Kidd Just ain't one
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,229

Post#49 » by Archx » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:28 pm

Oscar9992 wrote:;ab_channel=AwfulCoaching

This guy is so good at this stuff. I already pointed out some of the stuff in my previous posts and he basically sums it up nicely with video evidence.

Point is, Kidd is absolutely killing Mavs with his incompetence of adjusting his defensive schemes or matching lineups to be in Mavs favor. It's always like Mavs are chasing their own tail hoping they'll somehow end up on top of things. Kyrie and Luka combine for 75pts with actual more points generated just from Doncic's 14 assists and Mavs still manage to lose. That's absolutely unacceptable.

Doncic did make a mistake not going up faster to Strus at the end, i'm glad he actually realized that unlike certain someone who never takes the blame for anything.

Read on Twitter
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,911

Post#50 » by ChipotleWest » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:28 pm

Why'd they trade for Gafford just to play him 7 minutes and Maxi 27? Gafford has better stats and is younger.

Why is THJ still a Mav?

Return to Dallas Mavericks