ImageImageImage

Dallas Mavericks 2024 Trade thread

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,475

Re: Dallas Mavericks 2024 Trade thread 

Post#281 » by dygaction » Sun May 5, 2024 11:02 pm

StoneIsland wrote:Magic desperately need shooting and I actually think they could use THJ. Wouldn’t mind getting Gary Harris back.

Garry Harris is a UFA this summer. Would he be better than Hardy to justify another spot? Not seeing he would take league min and imo he is not good enough to justify more restrictions on Mavs payroll.
Astaluego
Sophomore
And1: 123

Post#282 » by Astaluego » Mon May 6, 2024 11:51 am

THJ+Mavs 25 for Caruso/Carter..
Old Mike Lorenzo
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,093

Post#283 » by daoneandonly » Mon May 6, 2024 11:53 am

dygaction wrote:
StoneIsland wrote:Magic desperately need shooting and I actually think they could use THJ. Wouldn’t mind getting Gary Harris back.

Garry Harris is a UFA this summer. Would he be better than Hardy to justify another spot? Not seeing he would take league min and imo he is not good enough to justify more restrictions on Mavs payroll.

I would love Issac even with all the injury concerns. Guy is so versatile defensively and very high character. But our best bet would be if a team like Orl or Det strike out in FA and are willing to take THJ into space.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,206

Post#284 » by BeiBeau » Mon May 6, 2024 4:29 pm

Dallas can make better upgrades with THJs expiring then that.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#285 » by BeiBeau » Mon May 6, 2024 4:31 pm

Astaluego wrote:THJ+Mavs 25 for Caruso/Carter..

I’m confident that is not enough.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#286 » by BeiBeau » Mon May 6, 2024 4:33 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dygaction wrote:

I would love Issac even with all the injury concerns. Guy is so versatile defensively and very high character. But our best bet would be if a team like Orl or Det strike out in FA and are willing to take THJ into space.

It’s really funny watching you make up in your head who is high character and low character.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,131

Post#287 » by Mr B » Mon May 6, 2024 5:31 pm

What are the Mavs going to be allowed to do in free agency under the current rules, in regards to the salary cap? Will they even be allowed to use the full MLE?
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,158

Post#288 » by Archx » Mon May 6, 2024 5:53 pm

Mr B wrote:What are the Mavs going to be allowed to do in free agency under the current rules, in regards to the salary cap? Will they even be allowed to use the full MLE?

Yeah but they'll use a lot of that to resign DJJ. Given the salary situation for next season, Nico will have to get creative with trades if he wants to improve the roster. Most obvious trade targets are going to be Green, Maxi, Hardy and THJ.

Even if no significant trades, Mavs will have to invest heavily into OMax development. Missed the chance to do it this year but next year he'll have to play a lot. Because year after, Maxi becomes a FA and he's already injury prone, then slowly guys like PJ and Gaff will have to be resigned aswell.

So all in all, Nico will have a TOUGH job already after this season and the year after is going to be brutal.
joesha1698
Senior
And1: 125

Post#289 » by joesha1698 » Mon May 6, 2024 5:57 pm

Brandon Igram is 27 years old and apparently NO is not giving an extension. He has one year left at 36 million. For a guy his age, (injury history) would a sign and trade make sense? He can shoot the 3, play defense, and he's a legit 3rd option when Kyrie and Luka need a break. Would his injury history be less of an issue if you can sign him for 3 years with a team option on the 4th year for around 36 million a year? He avgs like 57 games a season. What say you?
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#290 » by dygaction » Mon May 6, 2024 9:09 pm

Clippers supermarket will be opening soon.
Mann and Josh Green, who is better?
Is Powell, the other with first name Norman, worth THJ + 25 1st to the high end, or THJ + Hardy? He would be perfect 6th for Mavs who can consistently knock down the corner 3s.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#291 » by BeiBeau » Tue May 7, 2024 12:39 am

dygaction wrote:Clippers supermarket will be opening soon.
Is Powell, the other with first name Norman, worth THJ + 25 1st to the high end, or THJ + Hardy? He would be perfect 6th for Mavs who can consistently knock down the corner 3s.

THJ + 25 1st is too much. I suggested THJ, Hardy, TOR 25 2nd for Powell and it was suggested that was not enough.

Mavrelous suggested THJ and 25 1st for Sexton and Utah fans agreed on that. So I think that’s the best trade this offseason.
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,549

Post#292 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 7, 2024 12:44 am

joesha1698 wrote:Brandon Igram is 27 years old and apparently NO is not giving an extension. He has one year left at 36 million. For a guy his age, (injury history) would a sign and trade make sense? He can shoot the 3, play defense, and he's a legit 3rd option when Kyrie and Luka need a break. Would his injury history be less of an issue if you can sign him for 3 years with a team option on the 4th year for around 36 million a year? He avgs like 57 games a season. What say you?

No because he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. He's wouldn't have the ball enough with Luka and Kyrie here.
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#293 » by dygaction » Tue May 7, 2024 12:47 am

BeiBeau wrote:

THJ + 25 1st is too much. I suggested THJ, Hardy, TOR 25 2nd for Powell and it was suggested that was not enough.

Mavrelous suggested THJ and 25 1st for Sexton and Utah fans agreed on that. So I think that’s the best trade this offseason.

Would rather go with Norman Powell. Powell is a proven veteran with 84 playoff games shooting at 39% 3s, also healthier. Sexton has not played a single playoff game yet, but he does offer some playmaking.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,093

Post#294 » by daoneandonly » Tue May 7, 2024 1:43 am

I think Mann has significantly more value all things considering, but Mann would be great. The only Clipper I would want that could be potentially available.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#295 » by BeiBeau » Tue May 7, 2024 3:11 am

dygaction wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Would rather go with Norman Powell. Powell is a proven veteran with 84 playoff games shooting at 39% 3s, also healthier. Sexton has not played a single playoff game yet, but he does offer some playmaking.

Sexton is easily the more valuable player. We as mavericks fans get **** pissed about THJ’s 2:1 assist to turnover ratio, Powell’s is 1:1. Plus Sextons offensive game is much more well rounded. He could potentially be the 3rd guard in a 3 guard rotation. And neither are good defenders but Sexton is better.

And with injuries, Sexton averages 57 games a season and Powell averages 61. And Sextons is mostly because of 1 major injury.
Jg41
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#296 » by Jg41 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:46 am

Packaging THJ, cash, the TOR ‘25 2nd (and even 2-3 of our remaining 2nds and/or our ‘26 1st round swap if necessary) in a dump to ORL for a low value 1st (Denver’s ‘25 pick for example) is my slightly preferred use of the THJ asset(?) vs. most alternates.

Why? Orlando needs shooting and wouldn’t be giving up much in return. We’d open up a spot in the rotation for Hardy and unlock our full mid-level exception—which we’ll need to be able to retain DJJ. His value is only going to go up from here, and the BAE is only in play if we get destroyed by OKC in 4 or 5. If we make it out of this round, retaining him for the BAE is a pipe dream.

Then you focus on packaging Green and our 3 firsts (along with a Powell or Exum if necessary for salary matching purposes) to go out and get a bonafide 2-way SF that’s legitimately good enough to relegate DJJ to the bench. Herb Jones would be my pick ideal pick, especially when you factor in age, contract, size, and skillset, but acquiring him specifically will depend on how NO wants to proceed this summer.

Then you sign Hardy to a team friendly extension (3 for 25ish) and give him a legit shot (20-24 min a night) pre-trade deadline to prove he can be our third guard off the bench. If he leaves something to be desired, that’s when you go make a move for a N. Powell / C. Sexton caliber player. Doing so this off-season shortchanges Hardy and neuters his potential as an asset (whether that be on the court or in a trade).

I know Exum’s health + Kyrie and Luka’s RS workload / injury history compels us to think that a more competent tertiary playmaker should be at the top of Nico’s summer wishlist, but anyone who’s watched Hardy play knows he’s a walking bucket. With more polish (he’s got Kidd, Luka and Kyrie to study under— every resource a young guard could ask for) and a consistent role in the rotation, he could absolutely be that guy provided he puts the work in and improves his decision-making.

‘24-‘25 Depth Chart:

PG: L. Doncic (36) / D. Exum (8)
SG: K. Irving (36) / J. Hardy (20) / A. Lawson
SF: H. Jones (30) / D. Jones Jr. (20) / O. Prosper
PF: P. Washington Jr. (30) / M. Kleber (16) / M. Morris
C: D. Lively (24) / D. Gafford (20) / D. Powell

2-ways:
B. Williams
A. Fudge
2024 2nd Rd Pick (Via Boston)
Darren
RealGM
And1: 831

Post#297 » by Darren » Tue May 7, 2024 4:56 am

With all the moves, I expect Lebron to be part of the Mavs offseason plan. I like DJJ as a defender but not even Gordon can shut down Anthony Edwards. I think Wiggins somewhat makes sense if GSW decides to rebuild.
Jg41
Freshman
And1: 18

Post#298 » by Jg41 » Tue May 7, 2024 5:10 am

Jg41 wrote: Then you sign Hardy to a team friendly extension (3 for 25ish) and give him a legit shot (20-24 min a night) pre-trade deadline to prove he can be our third guard off the bench. If he leaves something to be desired, that’s when you go make a move for a N. Powell / C. Sexton caliber player. Doing so this off-season shortchanges Hardy and neuters his potential as an asset (whether that be on the court or in a trade).

I know Exum’s health + Kyrie and Luka’s RS workload / injury history compels us to think that a more competent tertiary playmaker should be at the top of Nico’s summer wishlist, but anyone who’s watched Hardy play knows he’s a walking bucket. With more polish (he’s got Kidd, Luka and Kyrie to study under— every resource a young guard could ask for) and a consistent role in the rotation, he could absolutely be that guy provided he puts the work in and improves his decision-making.

‘24-‘25 Depth Chart:

2-ways:
B. Williams
A. Fudge

Hypothetical midseason trade if Hardy shows he’s not ready: DJJ + Hardy ===> Utah for Sexton. Elevate O-Max to your 9th man. Fade Exum’s minutes and slightly ramp up Maxi, Herb, and PJ’s minutes for the stretch run.

‘25 Playoff Rotation

PG: L. Doncic (40) / D. Exum
SG: K. Irving (40) / C. Sexton (24) / A. Lawson
SF: H. Jones (36) / O. Prosper
PF: P. Washington Jr. (36) / M. Kleber (20) / M. Morris
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,549

Post#299 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 7, 2024 5:24 am

Jg41 wrote:
Jg41 wrote: Then you sign Hardy to a team friendly extension (3 for 25ish) and give him a legit shot (20-24 min a night) pre-trade deadline to prove he can be our third guard off the bench. If he leaves something to be desired, that’s when you go make a move for a N. Powell / C. Sexton caliber player. Doing so this off-season shortchanges Hardy and neuters his potential as an asset (whether that be on the court or in a trade).

‘24-‘25 Depth Chart:

2-ways:
B. Williams
A. Fudge

Hypothetical midseason trade if Hardy shows he’s not ready: DJJ + Hardy ===> Utah for Sexton. Elevate O-Max to your 9th man. Fade Exum’s minutes and slightly ramp up Maxi, Herb, and PJ’s minutes for the stretch run.

‘25 Playoff Rotation

PG: L. Doncic (40) / D. Exum
SG: K. Irving (40) / C. Sexton (24) / A. Lawson
SF: H. Jones (36) / O. Prosper
PF: P. Washington Jr. (36) / M. Kleber (20) / M. Morris

DJJ is our starter man he earned it for his defense. Give them THJ. You would actually have to anyway to match salaries as Sexton makes about 18 million a year so does Hardaway.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,131

Post#300 » by Mr B » Tue May 7, 2024 5:39 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

Return to Dallas Mavericks