ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G4 - Mavs vs Thunder (Mond., 9:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,959

Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G4 - Mavs vs Thunder (Mond., 9:30PMEST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Sun May 12, 2024 5:08 pm

In round 1, up 2-1, the Clippers jumped out to huge lead. What will happen this time?

Everyone casually looking, as it's the 100th time Luka takes a hit and a tumble.

“We’re not built on one guy,” Kidd said. “We’re built on a team.”

“I’m battling out there,” Dončić acknowledged afterward. “It’s a little bit more time (before Game 4). I need the rest — all the rest I can get.”
60/21/10
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,117

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G4 - Mavs vs Thunder (Mond., 9:30PMEST) 

Post#2 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 12, 2024 5:25 pm

Dirk wrote:In round 1, up 2-1, the Clippers jumped out to huge lead. What will happen this time?

Everyone casually looking, as it's the 100th time Luka takes a hit and a tumble.

“We’re not built on one guy,” Kidd said. “We’re built on a team.”

“I’m battling out there,” Dončić acknowledged afterward. “It’s a little bit more time (before Game 4). I need the rest — all the rest I can get.”

We're proving to be one of the best teams in close games which is huge, but we're a little prone for the other team to take huge leads (although in the game 4 you mentioned we came back but barely lost in the end) I'm not sure SGA can out execute Luka and Kyrie and PJ in a close game. I think OKC would need to blow us out or else we're going to win again.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,066

Post#3 » by Mavrelous » Sun May 12, 2024 5:25 pm

Go Mavs!!
Protect homecourt at all costs, Exum breakout game is due...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by ChipotleWest » Sun May 12, 2024 6:03 pm

I hope Mavs can end it in 5 on Wednesday, if not we have to wait until Saturday for Game 6 and that means OKC just won a game or won Game 4.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,168

Post#5 » by HMFFL » Sun May 12, 2024 8:21 pm

Mavs are a 1.5 point favorite.
Let's get a two game lead.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,203

Post#6 » by GermanFan120 » Sun May 12, 2024 11:44 pm

HMFFL wrote:Mavs are a 1.5 point favorite.
Let's get a two game lead.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Mavs need to play hard to protect our HCA. 100% a must win situation.

Can Mavs get a 3-1 lead?

HELL NO because we all know they are just a bunch of chokers and they got nothing but lucky in the last two games.

Angry OKC will kick Luka and his team's butt on Monday. OKC will win by 9+ points!

Also, Luka will be completely shut down by Dort.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#7 » by Mavrelous » Mon May 13, 2024 4:33 am

DEN and IND games should be massive alert for the Mavs, despite winning 2 straight, losing game 4 puts OKC back in the driver seat and shifts teh momentum towards them, protect homecourt at all costs!!
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,702

Post#8 » by Bob8 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:27 am

Mavrelous wrote:DEN and IND games should be massive alert for the Mavs, despite winning 2 straight, losing game 4 puts OKC back in the driver seat and shifts teh momentum towards them, protect homecourt at all costs!!

Massive alert should be that we needed superstar PJ for winning last 2 games. Very unlikely he can have another game like that again, knowing that OKC will be more prepared for him. We will need a lot more points from Luka/Kyrie duo to win this one. Hopefully Exum can hit his first 3 in a series, they are living him totally alone.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#9 » by Mavrelous » Mon May 13, 2024 6:35 am

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:DEN and IND games should be massive alert for the Mavs, despite winning 2 straight, losing game 4 puts OKC back in the driver seat and shifts teh momentum towards them, protect homecourt at all costs!!

Massive alert should be that we needed superstar PJ winning last 2 games. Very unlikely he can have another game like that again, knowing that OKC will be more prepared for him. We will need a lot more points from Luka/Kyrie duo to win this one.

Mavs still shot 43/33/64, PJ shot great, but all in all, it was a bad shooting night for the team.
While it's safe to say PJ won't go 11-23 and 5-12 from three, it's just as safe to assume DJJ and Lively won't combine for 3-17.
Mavs are still winning despite shooting bad because they are defending really really well, even injured Luka is defending really well.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,702

Post#10 » by Bob8 » Mon May 13, 2024 6:48 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Massive alert should be that we needed superstar PJ winning last 2 games. Very unlikely he can have another game like that again, knowing that OKC will be more prepared for him. We will need a lot more points from Luka/Kyrie duo to win this one.

Mavs still shot 43/33/64, PJ shot great, but all in all, it was a bad shooting night for the team.
While it's safe to say PJ won't go 11-23 and 5-12 from three, it's just as safe to assume DJJ and Lively won't combine for 3-17.
Mavs are still winning despite shooting bad because they are defending really really well, even injured Luka is defending really well.

Lively is struggling with shooting in the whole series, because they don't let him free dunks and he can't score in any different way. DJJ shouldn't attack the rim that much, because he's blocked in half of his attempts. Better to shoot open 3s and hope he has solid day. D that OKC plays makes life very difficult for those 2 in the paint and even Kyrie didn't score almost anything at the rim.

Yes Mavs are defending well, but those PJ points are crucial or you need Kyrie and Luka going for 60+. That implies Kyrie being aggressive the whole game and Luka hitting 3s.

I really hope Exum can hit his first 3, get self confidence back and hit few more. He was hitting those wide open in RS with very good %. Problem now is that he's playing a lot less, meaning 2 misses and he's out for the game. His first shot becomes kinda important. OKC's decision not to defend him should be an opportunity for him.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 867

Post#11 » by Teffer10 » Mon May 13, 2024 8:03 am

Bob8 wrote:

Massive alert should be that we needed superstar PJ for winning last 2 games. Very unlikely he can have another game like that again, knowing that OKC will be more prepared for him. We will need a lot more points from Luka/Kyrie duo to win this one. Hopefully Exum can hit his first 3 in a series, they are living him totally alone.

The good thing with PJ having great multiple games is that OKC will have to prepare for 3 guys instead of just 2 defensively.
This could open the door for someone like Hardaway, Green or Exum to step up and have a good scoring game.

I look for for Hardaway to have a great game 4.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,940

Post#12 » by arkuo » Mon May 13, 2024 8:57 am

PJ was able to get that many open looks is because they were defending Doncic/Kyrie like that. So it's a pick your poison type of deal. My guess is OKC locks in on PJ next game so Luka better have a good game then.
MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#13 » by MassimoPayne » Mon May 13, 2024 9:07 am

PJ also hit a a few great contested 3s. Don't say that he was always open

Still crazy that we win this many games in the Playoffs without great shooting and without Luka playing offensively great. Sometimes I have to scratch my head. We are a defensive and good rebounding team now. Our Mavs. Unbelievable
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 867

Post#14 » by Teffer10 » Mon May 13, 2024 5:17 pm

MassimoPayne wrote:PJ also hit a a few great contested 3s. Don't say that he was always open

Still crazy that we win this many games in the Playoffs without great shooting and without Luka playing offensively great. Sometimes I have to scratch my head. We are a defensive and good rebounding team now. Our Mavs. Unbelievable

Cooperstein had a good take on the radio defending Kidd a few weeks ago. He said Kidd's defensive schemes require long athletic defenders to be successful.
I think we are seeing that now and kudos to Nico for finding some really nice pieces to fit Kidd's scheme.
Drafting Lively and OMax, signing Jones and Exum, and then trading for PJ and Gaff is an indication the strategy is to develop a very strong defensive team.

That's why I think OMax is virtually untouchable unless there is a legit star coming back
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 945

Post#15 » by kacey ring » Mon May 13, 2024 9:16 pm

I hope we just keep winning. Win the whole damn thing.

Now, neither of these are reasons 1 and 2 for wanting to win the Finals, but remember when:
1. Kuzma declined a trade to the Mavs because he didn’t think we were a contending team.
2. Dinwiddie made some stupid ass comment about Mavs being like your mom and Lakers being like your dad.

So thankful for the roster we have. Nico got the right guys. New guys accepted their role and really want to be a Mav.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,625

Post#16 » by dygaction » Mon May 13, 2024 9:20 pm

Lively had a great game. Looks like Kidd is aligning Lively's time more with Chet, using his height and length to make a difference, and let Gafford feast on OKC's smaller rotations.
If OKC pays more attention to PJ, THJ/Green should have a career game.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 13, 2024 10:42 pm

dygaction wrote:Lively had a great game. Looks like Kidd is aligning Lively's time more with Chet, using his height and length to make a difference, and let Gafford feast on OKC's smaller rotations.

Man, I don't love putting our hopes in THJ and Green's hand, especially THJ. If I'm OKC that is exactly what I'm trying to do though making one of them beat us.

But if it were that simple they would have already done it.
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#18 » by dygaction » Mon May 13, 2024 10:45 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
dygaction wrote:Lively had a great game. Looks like Kidd is aligning Lively's time more with Chet, using his height and length to make a difference, and let Gafford feast on OKC's smaller rotations.

Man, I don't love putting our hopes in THJ and Green's hand, especially THJ. If I'm OKC that is exactly what I'm doing though making one of them beat us.

Not putting hopes on, but they should or need to step up as I don't trust PJ to explode three in a row either. I would have hoped Exum but...
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,281

Post#19 » by Archx » Mon May 13, 2024 10:59 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:

Man, I don't love putting our hopes in THJ and Green's hand, especially THJ. If I'm OKC that is exactly what I'm trying to do though making one of them beat us.

Irony is, Green has been more valuable on offensive side in this series than THJ, Exum and even DJJ. Through either hustle or scoring right at the exact time when Mavs were making a push.
dygaction
Head Coach

Post#20 » by dygaction » Mon May 13, 2024 11:09 pm

Archx wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Irony is, Green has been more valuable on offensive side in this series than THJ, Exum and even DJJ. Through either hustle or scoring right at the exact time when Mavs were making a push.

DJJ's defense and THJ's occasional scoring are also very valuable. The only true let down is Exum with his .20/.10 shooting, 0.8PER, .262TS%, and -10.5 BPM over the 9 games...

Return to Dallas Mavericks