ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G4 - Mavs vs Thunder (Mond., 9:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,718

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G4 - Mavs vs Thunder (Mond., 9:30PMEST) 

Post#121 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:04 am

Archx wrote:Fat Luka strikes again... 6/20 lmao :lol:

It's such a drastic difference between 1st Q's and when the game goes on. He played insane DPOY defense then he just started slowly melting down due to poor stamina and injuries. Then gets frustrated and just argues with refs for no reason at all.

I can't believe i defended him when he was 19yo. I said wait 4 or 5 years and he'll have an athletic body and will be able to go distances. But it's the complete opposite. He just breaks down after every season now... literally happens every year. So much talent but so little drive to get better.

Would probably be better if they just shut him down for the next 2 games would probably do less harm than expecting PJ to carry all the load on offense every game.

I'm far more optimistic for next game now. ;)

I have never seen fans in total meltdown after every loss like this year. Kinda embarrassing.

Edit: I see you're crying on GB too, good for you.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,122

Post#122 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 14, 2024 10:37 am

Bob8 wrote:

It's such a drastic difference between 1st Q's and when the game goes on. He played insane DPOY defense then he just started slowly melting down due to poor stamina and injuries. Then gets frustrated and just argues with refs for no reason at all.

I can't believe i defended him when he was 19yo. I said wait 4 or 5 years and he'll have an athletic body and will be able to go distances. But it's the complete opposite. He just breaks down after every season now... literally happens every year. So much talent but so little drive to get better.

Would probably be better if they just shut him down for the next 2 games would probably do less harm than expecting PJ to carry all the load on offense every game.

I have never seen fans in total meltdown after every loss like this year. Kinda embarrassing.

Well it wasn't just a regular season game that was played last night. If we had won that game historically our chances of winning the series increased to 95%, because we lost it dropped to 48%. That is huge.

I've been defending Luka with his knee more than anyone but 7 turnovers have little to do with his knee, he's taking too many shots and bricking them he's almost an offensive liability now, and he bricked a free throw in which he should have made both to tie the game. He was pretty awful outside of just his sprain knee.

I just hope that it isn't true that he's overweight because he's indulging in alcohol too much if so there is no defense for that. But it makes no sense why he would be gaining weight during basketball season where he's constantly burning calories.

They built a championship caliber team around Luka at least defensively, but it doesn't work if he's not great on offense.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,941

Post#123 » by arkuo » Tue May 14, 2024 10:39 am

Luka spends a whole lot of time sinking halfcourt shots for his pregame routine with the cameras on. Maybe instead of doing that, he tries practicing free throws next game.

We have yet to see a Luka game in the playoffs this year. Without Kyrie, it would have been an easy first round exit again IMO.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,305

Post#124 » by Archx » Tue May 14, 2024 10:44 am

Bob8 wrote:

Crying and having a comment or agreeing with someone, is not the same. While you on the other hand, start arguing with people anytime someone criticizes him. You just had your own meltdown when Dirk said some unfavored things about Luka.

But the worst thing is, how can you not see that he got fat during the season, how is that even possible? He's not taking it seriously and just wants to coast through NBA career on pure talent while his body is already breaking down all the time. In a high level of sports you can't do that, Jokic figured it out and he's basically MVP every year and his body is still strong enough to last through the playoffs.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#125 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:48 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Well it wasn't just a regular season game that was played last night. If we had won that game historically our chances of winning the series increased to 95%, because we lost it dropped to 48%. That is huge.

I've been defending Luka with his knee more than anyone but 7 turnovers have little to do with his knee, he's taking too many shots and bricking them he's almost an offensive liability now, and he bricked a free throw in which he should have made both to tie the game. He was pretty awful outside of just his sprain knee.

I just hope that it isn't true that he's overweight because he's indulging in alcohol too much if so there is no defense for that. But it makes no sense why he would be gaining weight during basketball season where he's constantly burning calories.

They built a championship caliber team around Luka at least defensively, but it doesn't work if he's not great on offense.

He was bad and not the first time in this playoffs. From being bad to accusations of being heavy drinker or Archx crying how he didn't do anything after he was 19 years old is some other dimension and has nothing with Luka but some fans having psychological breakdown. And all that with series being 2:2.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#126 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 14, 2024 10:51 am

Bob8 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

He was bad and not the first time in this playoffs. From being bad to accusations of being heavy drinker or Archx crying how he didn't do anything after he was 19 years old is some other dimension and has nothing with Luka but some fans having psychological breakdown. And all that with series being 2:2.

Well what's the explanation of him gaining weight during the season? Is he eating like 4 whole pizzas a day? Because he has to be
burning way more calories than the average human being does.

There's legit reasons to be critical of him. His weight is fair game. He is paid like 50 million dollars a year to play basketball. Next year he'll be eligible for an extension worth 5 years 346 million dollars, that is nearly 70 million dollars per season. There is no reason to be overweight when he can do like Lebron hire a chef and a personal trainer easily.

We're talking about Luka not the team who's bailing him out. He is not the reason it's 2-2 outside of being good in Game 2 he's been bad this series.
Darren
RealGM
And1: 839

Post#127 » by Darren » Tue May 14, 2024 10:55 am

Leaders set tone for the whole team. This time, it's SGA instead of Luka and Kyrie. OKC is more desperate to win. I don't want to overreact. At the very beginning, OKC has better chance to win the series. Now that OKC's defense is completely successful but the Mavs is almost successful except getting SGA too many good looks.
Darren
RealGM

Post#128 » by Darren » Tue May 14, 2024 10:58 am

The Mavs is not very strong in guard defense and has not elevated nearly enough to save the day. Enjoy the process. Engage all in for the moment. Do not leave any regrets to yourself. You are just fine.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#129 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 10:59 am

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Crying and having a comment or agreeing with someone, is not the same. While you on the other hand, start arguing with people anytime someone criticizes him. You just had your own meltdown when Dirk said some unfavored things about Luka.

But the worst thing is, how can't you not see that he got fat during the season, how is that even possible? He's not taking it seriously and just wants to coast through NBA career on pure talent while is body is already is breaking down all the time. In a high level of sports you can't do that, Jokic figured it out and he's basically MVP every year and his body is still strong enough to last through the playoffs.

Am I upset or are you? It looks to me that you're far more invested than me. Mavs are playing in second round with #1 seed and are 2:2. Yes, they should be 3:1, if Luka was in better form, but it's not the end of the world.

My dispute with Dirk was him bringing staff from GB, even few years back, although I never talk on GB how +/- can't be used for comparing different lineups of a single team. It for sure can. I said it can't be used for measuring impact of a single player between different teams. That's something totally different.

Jokic would never survive, if he had to do what Luka does in RS. His usage, ball handling, scoring duties...are totally different than Luka's. You have to understand that Luka's body type won't change much no matter what preparation will he have. He has C body type not Pg's.
Darren
RealGM

Post#130 » by Darren » Tue May 14, 2024 11:00 am

But to be sure, I don't think Luka and Kyrie could be completely shut down. The OKC team and coaching staff really raised many eyebrows. Kid is just not quite belong to the playoff standard.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#131 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:06 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Well what's the explanation of him gaining weight during the season? Is he eating like 4 whole pizzas a day? Because he has to be

There's legit reasons to be critical of him. His weight is fair game. He is paid like 50 million dollars a year to play basketball. Next year he'll be eligible for an extension worth 5 years 346 million dollars, that is nearly 70 million dollars per season. There is no reason to be overweight when he can do like Lebron hire a chef and a personal trainer easily.

We're talking about Luka not the team who's bailing him out. He is not the reason it's 2-2 outside of being good in Game 2 he's been bad this series.

How do you know that he gained weight?

Do you really don't understand how stupid this weight and conditioning thing is? He had great RS and if we just look at his post all star numbers, I believe his bad conditioning should be seen then, 33/10/11 with 39.5% for 3, that's the last 1/3 of the season.

If I understand you right, he gained a lot of weight and lost all conditioning in 10 days he was off? And because of that he can't hit anything anymore from the first playoffs game on, when he was well rested?
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#132 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 14, 2024 11:10 am

Bob8 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Do you really don't understand how stupid this weight and conditioning thing is? He had great RS and if we just look at his post all star numbers, I believe his bad conditioning should be seen then, 33/10/11 with 39.5% for 3, that's the last 1/3 of the season.

If I understand you right, he gained a lot of weight and lost all conditioning in 10 days he was off? And because of that he can't hit anything anymore from the first playoffs game on, when he was well rested?

Because I have two eyes he's bigger than he was when the season started. Everyone can see that but you. You should see an eye doctor.

Read on Twitter

The stats don't matter if he limps out of the playoffs. A fat Luka with a healthy knee is still better than 98% of the NBA, but if he just gets injured during the playoffs due to wear and tear and the Mavs lose who cares really? The goal is a championship not regular season stats.
Archx
RealGM

Post#133 » by Archx » Tue May 14, 2024 11:11 am

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

But the worst thing is, how can't you not see that he got fat during the season, how is that even possible? He's not taking it seriously and just wants to coast through NBA career on pure talent while is body is already is breaking down all the time. In a high level of sports you can't do that, Jokic figured it out and he's basically MVP every year and his body is still strong enough to last through the playoffs.

Am I upset or are you? It looks to me that you're far more invested than me. Mavs are playing in second round with #1 seed and are 2:2. Yes, they should be 3:1, if Luka was in better form, but it's not the end of the world.

My dispute with Dirk was him bringing staff from GB, even few years back, although I never talk on GB how +/- can't be used for comparing different lineups of a single team. It for sure can. I said it can't be used for measuring impact of a single player between different teams.

I'm not upset i'm not even watching games live anymore, i just see the replay. That's how much i care lol..... As a fan, why should i be invested if this guy keeps being lazy? I'll just watch someone else who is actually motivated enough to be great, i have zero money or personal connections in this. I only agreed on GB with people who see the same thing and i made a comment that i 100% knew it will piss you off and get a response, and i was right.

If Mavs win the series, awesome... but if that happens i'm pretty sure it won't because of Doncic's strong play on offense. Or maybe it will and you'll have another happy meltdown how wrong i was :lol:
Bob8
General Manager

Post#134 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:24 am

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

My dispute with Dirk was him bringing staff from GB, even few years back, although I never talk on GB how +/- can't be used for comparing different lineups of a single team. It for sure can. I said it can't be used for measuring impact of a single player between different teams.

I'm not upset i'm not even watching games live anymore, i just see the replay. That's how much i care lol..... As a fan, why should i be invested if this guy keeps being lazy? I'll just watch someone else who is actually motivated enough to be great, i have zero money or personal connections in this. I only agreed on GB with people who see the same thing and i made a comment that i 100% knew it will piss you off and get a response, and i was right.

If Mavs win the series, awesome... but if that happens i'm pretty sure it won't because of Doncic's strong play on offense. Or maybe it will and you'll have another happy meltdown how wrong i was :lol:

Sure you're. Very upset.

Do you really believe, he could be where he's without motivation? His body is what it's. It's genetics more than anything else.

I explained to you before, he's playing more or less nonstop from start of Avgust and he was mostly great in all those months, unfortunately he's not playing great last 10 games, when things matter the most, but Mavs are still in. There is really not the moment to cry on GB or here how fat and unmotivated he's. Be a fan at least until this season ends and then show all your anger.

Sure I will, it's just stupid write anyone off before the season ends. And you're doing exactly that.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#135 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:27 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:

Because I have two eyes he's bigger than he was when the season started. Everyone can see that but you. You should see an eye doctor.

Read on Twitter

The stats don't matter if he limps out of the playoffs. A fat Luka with a healthy knee is still better than 98% of the NBA, but if he just gets injured during the playoffs due to wear and tear and the Mavs lose who cares really? The goal is a championship not regular season stats.

I will ask you again, when did he gain all that weight, because he played great till the end of the season? And do you really believe that he can't make a shot because he's fat?

I will put alternative case, why he's struggling. He's just physically and mentally spent after insane usage and dependence on him to do everything in RS. He basically had his playoffs 82 games long.
Archx
RealGM

Post#136 » by Archx » Tue May 14, 2024 11:45 am

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Sure you're. Very upset.

Do you really believe, he could be where he's without motivation? His body is what it's. It's genetics more than anything else.

I explained to you before, he's playing more or less nonstop from start of Avgust and he was mostly great in all those months, unfortunately he's not playing great last 10 games, when things matter the most, but Mavs are still in. There is really not the moment to cry on GB or here how fat and unmotivated he's. Be a fan at least until this season ends and then show all your anger.

Sure I will, it's just stupid write anyone off before the season ends. And you're doing exactly that.

Lol i know very well how much he's playing you don't need to explain it to me. The fact that he's playing THAT much is even more concerning that he can't get his body in shape.

Genetics have little to nothing to do in this case. A pro athletes body can look much differently if you invest time and effort. There is nothing preventing him to have muscles for examples. I work out and eat pizza every other day and i look much leaner and less fat than him even though my family was never athletic. It just comes down to effort. I guess you forgot he said multiple times he hates working out.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#137 » by Bob8 » Tue May 14, 2024 11:56 am

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Sure you're. Very upset.

Lol i know very well how much he's playing you don't need to explain it to me. The fact that he's playing THAT much is even more concerning that he can't get his body in shape.

Genetics have little to nothing to do in this case. A pro athletes body can look much differently if you invest time and effort. There is nothing preventing him to have muscles for examples. I work out and eat pizza every other day and i look much leaner and less fat than him even though my family was never athletic. It just comes down to effort. I guess you forgot he said multiple times he hates working out.

Do you? You have written on GB that he train only few weeks in the summer.

You said that Jokic is doing great care of his body and his body still looks far away from bodies of Afro-American athletes. It's genetics. Jokic is just fortunate that he doesn't need to spend as much energy like Luka has.

But you're missing the main point, Luka was great with that body till the end of the season. And then he had 10 days rest, which should help, but instead of that he can't hit anything anymore. I'm telling you, he's psychologically spent after extremely difficult RS for him. Every game was must win game till the end, he basically played the whole season as it's playoffs. And suddenly he can't anymore. Mavs need to find a way to use him less in RS and still make playoffs.

More importantly we have to support Mavs till the end in good and bad. Time for anger and debates will be, when season ends. I will ask you again, how stupid will all those debates look, if Mavs wins something and Luka starts to play better?
Archx
RealGM

Post#138 » by Archx » Tue May 14, 2024 12:11 pm

Bob8 wrote:More importantly we have to support Mavs till the end in good and bad. Time for anger and debates will be, when season ends. I will ask you again, how stupid will all those debates look, if Mavs wins something and Luka starts to play better?

I only agreed with people who observed the same thing, that he's fat for a pro NBA athlete. You are AGAIN making it way more than it has to be. I never said Mavs won't win anything... But Luka's body is a problem, a huge problem, that's a fact. Injuries or no injuries, it's a problem.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,210

Post#139 » by GermanFan120 » Tue May 14, 2024 12:25 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
Soonercrazy84 wrote:
kacey ring wrote:This series should be 3-1. :banghead:

Going to see what this team is really made of in G5. We’ve yet to lose two in a row in the PO and have 3 road wins.

Shame to lose a game because of FTs.
Bruh that's not why you lost.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Lost by 4 points, missed 11 free throws. If we had missed only 6 free throws we win. No way around that fact.

Luka/Kyrie combined for under 30 for the game, in the regular season they combined for 60 ppg. Amazing it was a close game. Denver/Minnesota/Boston probably blow us out in this game unless we're just the best defense in the League by far, which is debatable.

And you forgot about all the TOs.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,115

Post#140 » by daoneandonly » Tue May 14, 2024 12:35 pm

SGA proved why he had more MVP votes than Luka. The former takes his body and fitness seriously, the latter has a lot of growing up to do and id way too focused on partying, drinking, hookah, and whining when things dont go his way. Its started to get annoying

Return to Dallas Mavericks