ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G5 - Mavs @ Thunder (Wed., 9:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,334

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G5 - Mavs @ Thunder (Wed., 9:30PMEST) 

Post#41 » by Archx » Wed May 15, 2024 5:00 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:I can understand Bob and what he said, it's correct. Luka is still young and on path to be a great NBA player with multiple rings for sure.
But i can understand who critizes him for his attitude inside and outside the court. The are right too.

I don't like too much the argument "how many players won a rings at XX yo???" Because it's the Luka excuse everytime from his second NBA year, the time is running fast and he has to hurry up... 1/2 years and not even that can be used to defend him.

His PO were bad from being Luka Doncic. It's a fact.
Kyrie/PJ and others carry him in the second round and in this 2:2 against OKC.
He played at his level just game 5 vs Clips and some first quarters here and there.

I hope my english is not too bad this time, it's one of few serious posts here :lol:

The thing is, he simply doesn't want to understand what people are trying to tell him. Luka has only ONE job to do and that is to take the off season seriously. Not being on vacation for 2 months, play for NT and then work out for 3 weeks posting pictures on instagram. That doesn't help anyone, specially not him because he breaks down every f*cking year.

I understand it's difficult to transform your body in just 1 off season, it can take 2 or more... but i also don't understand how the hell do you look fit and lean at the start of the season and then have a double chin in playoffs? WTF?

But yeah.. anyway, "Something, something historical season.."
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,126

Post#42 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 15, 2024 5:03 pm

Archx wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:I can understand Bob and what he said, it's correct. Luka is still young and on path to be a great NBA player with multiple rings for sure.
But i can understand who critizes him for his attitude inside and outside the court. The are right too.

I don't like too much the argument "how many players won a rings at XX yo???" Because it's the Luka excuse everytime from his second NBA year, the time is running fast and he has to hurry up... 1/2 years and not even that can be used to defend him.

He played at his level just game 5 vs Clips and some first quarters here and there.

I hope my english is not too bad this time, it's one of few serious posts here :lol:

The thing is, he simply doesn't want to understand what people are trying to tell him. Luka has only ONE job to do and that is to take the off season seriously. Not being on vacation for 2 months, play for NT and then work out for 3 weeks posting pictures on instagram. That doesn't help anyone, specially not him because he breaks down every f*cking year.

I understand it's difficult to transform your body in just 1 off season, it can take 2 or more... but i also don't understand how the hell do you look fit and lean at the start of the season and then have a double chin in playoffs? WTF?

He looked pretty good to start the season (pics then and now below) He must be stress eating during the season or hopefully not indulging in alcohol too much. He is barely older than college age after all.

Read on Twitter

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896

Post#43 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed May 15, 2024 5:17 pm

Archx wrote:

He is clearly not addicted to gym or diet and i can understand that is disrespectful towards normal people who can stay fit despite a 8h/day job.
I'm totally with you in this. Totally.

But i don't see him fat, probably there is something that we don't know about him (cortisone/lack of cardio because the knee/etc etc).

And the FT missed last night had nothing about his weight. He played bad and it's a fact but i think he has other problems right now (mentally drained/scared).
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#44 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 15, 2024 5:31 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Archx wrote:

He is clearly not addicted to gym or diet and i can understand that is disrespectful towards normal people who can stay fit despite a 8h/day job.

But i don't see him fat, probably there is something that we don't know about him (cortisone/lack of cardio because the knee/etc etc).

And the FT missed last night had nothing about his weight. He played bad and it's a fact but i think he has other problems right now (mentally drained/scared).

Luka shot a career high in free throw percentage this year at 78%, the average this year is 77%. But before this season he was in the mid to lower 70's. So he was a below average free throw shooter until this year and now he's average at it. He's never been great at it.
Archx
RealGM

Post#45 » by Archx » Wed May 15, 2024 5:38 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Yeah, no one is saying he has a beer belly lol... But you get the point what people think :P
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896

Post#46 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed May 15, 2024 6:50 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Luka shot a career high in free throw percentage this year at 78%, the average this year is 77%. But before this season he was in the mid to lower 70's. So he was a below average free throw shooter until this year and now he's average at it. He's never been great at it.

Clutch PO FTs have nothing to do with season averages.
Just focus, mindset, effort and not be scared.
Luka probably **** the bed :wink:
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 15, 2024 6:50 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

Clutch PO FTs have nothing to do with season averages.
Just focus, mindset, effort and not be scared. Luka **** the bed.

Because he's not that great at it in the first place that was my point. Even in non-clutch situations.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#48 » by daoneandonly » Wed May 15, 2024 7:24 pm

I remember hearing a lot about Luka's competitive fire? I cant imagine him watching what Brunson and SGA are doing and not wanting to top that?
tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,047

Post#49 » by tleikheen » Wed May 15, 2024 9:12 pm

Last game ,the loss was on Luka and Kyrie ....period . Luka lost focus early thinking his whining was going to sway the refs refereeing ,it didn't . Kyrie deferred to heavily to Luka and kept passing the ball to Luka to initiate the offense. It's almost like a hockey assist to keep giving the ball to Luka just to watch him pile up TO's.

This game will be determined if Luka and Kyrie get back to playing winning basketball . Value the ball . Keep the smaller OKC players off the offensive boards .OKC is hungry for those rebounds. Kyrie needs to run the offense and let Luka play more off ball to get a better look at the defense.

The excuses by the Luka apologists need to stop and let Luka's play on the court be his judge. He's playing 42 mpg and handling the ball the most of all players on the court. That should put all the attn onto what he does on the court,win or lose.
Archx
RealGM

Post#50 » by Archx » Wed May 15, 2024 10:18 pm

Getting ready for the game!!!! Their half court shooting will be impeccable during the game!!

ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 15, 2024 10:22 pm

Archx wrote:Getting ready for the game!!!! Their half court shooting will be impeccable during the game!!

Confirmed Mavs win by 1 on a half court buzzard beater, thank God they practiced for it.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,244

Post#52 » by GermanFan120 » Wed May 15, 2024 10:45 pm

According to nba 2k, Luka's weight has not changed. So he should be good to drop 35+ points tonight.

Let's go Mavs.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Dmavs12
Sophomore
And1: 111

Post#53 » by Dmavs12 » Thu May 16, 2024 12:21 am

arkuo wrote:"Luka time to shine" is defined as Luka taking 34 shots and making 16. While 4 other guys watch him dribble for 19 seconds.

On the other hand, Luka playing off ball is just him standing in the corner while kyrie does his thing.

So I'm afraid Dallas just has to stack their minutes. Let Luka score all he wants in the first half. And let Kyrie have his turn in the 2nd half. If that was the game plan last game then maybe we'd have Kyrie taking those free throws and the series would have been 3-1 by now.

If you let Luka try and score all he wants, the scores going to be 20-50 by half time in favor of the Thunder. Luka can’t shoot anymore. If it wasn’t for his rebounding, would anyone actually mind if he sat on the bench? If the Mavs stuck Luka in the corner, like PJ or green, would OKC even try to close him out? I don’t think so, lol. Dudes becoming a new Westbrook, or Giddey. It sucks writing this, buts it’s the truth. Hopefully he shows up.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 16, 2024 1:08 am

Dmavs12 wrote:
arkuo wrote:"Luka time to shine" is defined as Luka taking 34 shots and making 16. While 4 other guys watch him dribble for 19 seconds.

On the other hand, Luka playing off ball is just him standing in the corner while kyrie does his thing.

So I'm afraid Dallas just has to stack their minutes. Let Luka score all he wants in the first half. And let Kyrie have his turn in the 2nd half. If that was the game plan last game then maybe we'd have Kyrie taking those free throws and the series would have been 3-1 by now.

If you let Luka try and score all he wants, the scores going to be 20-50 by half time in favor of the Thunder. Luka can’t shoot anymore. If it wasn’t for his rebounding, would anyone actually mind if he sat on the bench? If the Mavs stuck Luka in the corner, like PJ or green, would OKC even try to close him out? I don’t think so, lol. Dudes becoming a new Westbrook, or Giddey. It sucks writing this, buts it’s the truth. Hopefully he shows up.

Can't bench Luka, they'll just double or triple team Kyrie and we'll score 60 points for the game. He still gets a lot of attention from OKC when he attacks the paint they send help and it leaves PJ open. That would disappear.

I'd be happy if he just limited his 3 point shots to 5 a game, because he'll probably brick 4 or all of them.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 16, 2024 1:35 am

Man this corny team OKC has Hansen performing at halftime. They were popular for some reason when they were like 13 years old now they're 40.
tleikheen
Assistant Coach

Post#56 » by tleikheen » Thu May 16, 2024 1:42 am

Whats the worst starts that can happen for the Mavs ....Luka missing ANOTHER bunny and giving up offensive rebounds to the smallest OKC players ,Joe ...Dort
tleikheen
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by tleikheen » Thu May 16, 2024 1:43 am

Id rather see Exum over Green
tleikheen
Assistant Coach

Post#58 » by tleikheen » Thu May 16, 2024 1:44 am

Luka circus shot ...ok
tleikheen
Assistant Coach

Post#59 » by tleikheen » Thu May 16, 2024 1:44 am

another offensive rebound by the smallest OKC players
tleikheen
Assistant Coach

Post#60 » by tleikheen » Thu May 16, 2024 1:52 am

soft pass by Green and then a weak Lively stripped

Return to Dallas Mavericks