ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G5 - Mavs @ Thunder (Wed., 9:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 868

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G5 - Mavs @ Thunder (Wed., 9:30PMEST) 

Post#141 » by Teffer10 » Thu May 16, 2024 7:48 am

Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
No, you should. Luka and Mavs have good games only when Mavs' fan base on this board cry. Just look at comments before game 5 of Clippers series, and before game 2 and 5 in this series. Pattern is very clear. Fanbase cry, Luka plays great. ;)

Good...then maybe he's reading and those who cry and whine are having an impact on the series.
Keep the tears a flowing guys :)

Other explanation is that Archx is sending him sms and bullying him how fat he's. :D Whichever is, it works. But unfortunately we won't get whining after this game, so game 6 is in a big danger. :cry:

Maybe they should start making fun of Kyrie. Maybe it will have the same effect :).
And Green should have a triple-double every game if he reads daoneandonly's comments.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,734

Post#142 » by Bob8 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:06 am

Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Good...then maybe he's reading and those who cry and whine are having an impact on the series.

Other explanation is that Archx is sending him sms and bullying him how fat he's. :D Whichever is, it works. But unfortunately we won't get whining after this game, so game 6 is in a big danger. :cry:

Maybe they should start making fun of Kyrie. Maybe it will have the same effect :).
And Green should have a triple-double every game if he reads daoneandonly's comments.

I don't believe anything could boosted Josh's performance much, Kyrie on the other can play a lot better, but for some reason he's untouchable at the moment.

I have a feeling that OKC's coach will gave Kyrie better chance in game 6, Luka just has to start game well and we will see double teams and traps and then it will be on Kyrie.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#143 » by Bob8 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:13 am

Teffer10 wrote:Havnt watched the game yet but the highlights makes it seem like it was entertaining.

It was, except last 9 minutes.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,896

Post#144 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu May 16, 2024 8:32 am

Not the best Luka but enough to win the game (even less would have been enough to win game 4).

When Luka is focused it's a force of nature. Injuries or not. Fat or not. Whining or not.

DJJ with THE game. I love this man.

THJ is just a low BBIQ player, what the hell he pass the ball to Lively at the end of the game hahahahahaha

Finish the job guys. No more mercy.

Dort is a flopper. Take him a little Morris medicine. Please.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,171

Post#145 » by ozwizard8 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:16 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:Solid win. Kidd did a great coaching job today.

All the Kidd haters including myself are eating crow now. :lol:

Hardy move was good. Especially in 3rd quarter. Another ball handler. Helped with spacing and using as another penetration. He is budget Maxey now but he can get better in next years

He didn't shoot well but couple of nice passes that were lobs were nice. I don't think I even saw that from Exum.

They just sag off from Exum and only pressured his dribbling so he wasn't able to find lob pass openings.

Its also useful to have ball-handler in Hardy when you setup the offense. Sometimes its hard to give the ball to Luka or Kyrie. You just hand it Hardy and he dribble/penetration threat opens that first pass and some spacing for Luka/Kyrie to start with.
I am not advocating 25mpg of Hardy but 10mpg can be tried based on matchup.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,949

Post#146 » by arkuo » Thu May 16, 2024 9:20 am

Bob8 wrote:
arkuo wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
I get it, we can criticise Luka and not Kyrie because he had great series against Clippers. Mavs need both to do anything in playoffs. Mavs traded Kyrie for only 1 reasons, scoring points, around 10 points is far too little. I hope we can close this series without Kyrie, he's really suffering against OKC D, and we can see normal Kyrie in WCF. I just hope that he's not physically and emotionally spent after all games he played after the injury. Potential series against Denver can be won only with great Kyrie.

Oh good, you get it.

Carry on.

No, you should. Luka and Mavs have good games only when Mavs' fan base on this board cry. Just look at comments before game 5 of Clippers series, and before game 2 and 5 in this series. Pattern is very clear. Fanbase cry, Luka plays great. ;)

We'll go easy on your national hero next time, Luka Bronsexual. :lol:
Bob8
General Manager

Post#147 » by Bob8 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:25 am

arkuo wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
arkuo wrote:
Oh good, you get it.

Carry on.

We'll go easy on your national hero next time, Luka Bronsexual. :lol:

I have to admit something, you're the only one from fat Luka fans, who didn't disappeared. Respect.

Don't go easy please, we need desperately game 6 win. Fat Luka talks should start as soon as possible.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,334

Post#148 » by Archx » Thu May 16, 2024 9:25 am

Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Good...then maybe he's reading and those who cry and whine are having an impact on the series.

Like i told you before the game, doesn't matter if Luka scores 50 pts for the rest of the way and Mavs win a ring. We're still allowed to talk about his fitness levels and training in off season. That will never change. You said that's crying and then you proceeded with posting up numbers from regular season because you can't comprehend what we're talking about. Luka usually breaks down in 2nd half, i haven't watched this game yet but i'm sure he severly slowed down in this one as well. These topic of discussion will never end until he stops being lazy.

And i know you'll again completely miss the point of what people are trying to tell you but whatever. Luka found his 2nd wind apparently but this still won't magically erase everything that's going on or has been going on to this point. Or not even in these playoffs, we're talking about years back.

I'm all good if you call people out because when they win it gives your firepower to do that but like i said, at least try to understand point of discussion before you do that otherwise you're just trolling and piss people off. I believe Dirk already warned you on this.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#149 » by ozwizard8 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:35 am

Maverick41 wrote:
ChipotleWest wrote:I don't see it happening, but I want Tim Hardaway Jr. benched for the rest of the playoffs. He sucks. He's had like one good game on offense but for every one you get 5 bad ones with dumb turnovers and bad defense.

Read on Twitter

Can't believe he still played after this. :banghead:

End of 3rd quarter he made a couple of buckets but then Kidd was too slow to take him out.
TH Sr. influence, THJ's place in Mavs hierarchy seems to be getting into mind of Kidd.

I think Mavs should let THJ go. I am not sure if we can keep DJJ, but the team will need cap space for sure. There will be always some bench scorers to be found for vet min or MLE. It just doesn't make sense to pay $100m+ for Luka-Kyrie-THJ.

A Luka team would always do better if they had a good defense. Because Luka himself can create so much offense. His offense is always great, it doesn't matter if its playoffs or regular season. Similar to Dirk won the title, we need a good defense that can ramp up to elite defense for some stretches to make deep playoff runs. Chandler-Marion-Kidd was providing very good D for Mavs.

PJ-Gafford at the trade deadline and Lively's progress as arookie made this team a above average defensive team for playoff. Let's also acknowledge Maxi, DJJ, and Green as well. Those guys are working hard on defense and rebounding, and they f'in make their 3s, too! Exum was good for regular season too. Mavs suddenly have an above average defensive rotation and it more important than having THJ or other scoring guard. Because with Luka, you can make DJJ-PJ decent offensive players.

Luka's competitive advantage is producing better offense than average playoff team.
* Let's say the Clippers-Thunder, an average playoff team, can get to the 45% FG offense; having Luka as your star makes you 50%.
* Those good playoff teams' defense is letting 45% FG as well. If Mavs defense is subpar and allowing 55%, then Luka's competitive advantage is gone.

Another example would be KD and Suns. Like having KD gives you +3% efficiency boost on your offense. Having also Booker now marginally increases this to +5%. Then adding Beal, making it +5.5%. But if you don't have any defenders in the starting unit and have a lackluster interior defense with slow as-hell Nurkic, then you gave up 10% on defense, and you cannot make a deep playoff run. This happened with KD-Kyrie in Nets. Adding Harden didn't help much when they only have below-avg defense.

This year our FO did great. Too many bargain signings, trades that fit the team greatly. Lively pick was also great. Presti helping us to get both Lively-Gafford but not getting one legit defensive Center to OKC is a mistake. Lively is on rookie deal and Gafford is also young and reasonable deal. Imagine Suns had Gafford-PJ additions instead of Beal. Booker-KD would be enough for offense and now they'd have rebounding and defense with it.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#150 » by Bob8 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:37 am

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Good...then maybe he's reading and those who cry and whine are having an impact on the series.

Like i told you before the game, doesn't matter if Luka scores 50 pts for the rest of the way and Mavs win a ring. We're still allowed to talk about his fitness levels and training in off season. That will never change. You said that's crying and then you proceeded with posting up numbers from regular season because you can't comprehend what we're talking about. Luka usually breaks down in 2nd half, i haven't watched this game yet but i'm sure he severly slowed down in this one as well. These topic of discussion will never end until he stops being lazy.

And i know you'll again completely miss the point of what people are trying to tell you but whatever. Luka found his 2nd wind apparently but this still won't magically erase everything that's going on or has been going on to this point. Or not even in these playoffs, we're talking about years back.

I'm all good if you call people out because when they win it gives your firepower to do that but like i said, at least try to understand point of discussion before you do that otherwise you're just trolling and piss people off. I believe Dirk already warned you on this.

Are you moderating this board now?

I called you out because you're in total meltdown after every significant loss. First after game 4 in Clippers series then after game 1 in Okc series and then after game 4. And you just can't see how fantastic Luka responded after every bad loss. 3 great games and 3 great and instrumental away wins.

I would say that what hurt and in shooting slump Luka is doing this year is more impressive than in previous playoffs, when everything was easy for him. He plays very good D, he fights, he rebounds, he assists, he steals...and responds with great game, when everything is against him. The only thing that's off is his shooting, especially 3pts %. Fortunately enough that's the only thing that can realistically get substantially better in next games. If you can't see that, then you're not watching this playoffs in the right way. Maybe you should start watching games again not just highlights.

Mavs are on the brink of WCF and you're using energy for some useless negativity instead of enjoying great playoffs by Mavs.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#151 » by ozwizard8 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:40 am

ChipotleWest wrote:
Read on Twitter

What a **** stat.= lol.
For each NBA star, franchise player, there are probably 10 or more role players, add 5 to 10 bench warmers.
Even Edwards probably already on top 95% of that list.

Luka's stats are impressive, he should be already one of the top 30+ pt scorer in the playoffs all-time. Just let us know if he 26th or 34th all time.
Archx
RealGM

Post#152 » by Archx » Thu May 16, 2024 9:44 am

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I called you out because you're in total meltdown after every significant loss. First after game 4 in Clippers series that after game 1 in Okc series and then after game 4. And can't see how fantastic Luka responded after every bad loss. 3 great games and 3 great and instrumental away wins.

I would say that what hurt and in shooting slump Luka is doing this year is more impressive than in previous playoffs, when everything was easy for him. He plays very good D, he fights, he rebounds, he assists, he steals...and responds with great game, when everything is against him. If you can't see that, then you're not watching this playoffs in the right way. Maybe you should start watching games again not just highlights.

Mavs are on the brink of WCF and you're using energy for some useless negativity instead of enjoying great playoffs by Mavs.

What did i moderate? You used my name twice in the last few posts, what is so confusing now?

You keep proving my point and i asked you already to stop talking about it because you really come up as trolling. This person on GB minutes ago wrote a nice post why it's imperrative that Luka takes control of his body more seriously.

You don't get it it's fine but we're going to keep talking about. I brought it up once or twice and i'll do it again, doesn't matter. You're so obsessed with Doncic that you don't have the slightest clue whats going on.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#153 » by ozwizard8 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:45 am

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I called you out because you're in total meltdown after every significant loss. First after game 4 in Clippers series then after game 1 in Okc series and then after game 4. And you just can't see how fantastic Luka responded after every bad loss. 3 great games and 3 great and instrumental away wins.

I would say that what hurt and in shooting slump Luka is doing this year is more impressive than in previous playoffs, when everything was easy for him. He plays very good D, he fights, he rebounds, he assists, he steals...and responds with great game, when everything is against him. If you can't see that, then you're not watching this playoffs in the right way. Maybe you should start watching games again not just highlights.

Luka fat stuff is really not helping the cohesion of Mavs fans.
Luka's diet, fitness, national team issues are more of a long term issues. After each loss, bringing those up does not help Luka or the team. Talk that in the offseason.

Luka's hurt and Dort is shoving him, jumping to his knees, hugging him in every possession. I understand Luka is like 60% right now and it sucks to not have 100% Luka. But there is also a tremendously one-sided officiating that allows Dort foul Luka 50 times per game while SGA is getting **** soft-as*s foul calls.

Instead of talking Luka=fat like you're OKC fan or some Luka hater, just talk about how fouls are not called for Mavs. How much Dort-SGA flops and get rewarded with offensive fouls and stuff. Talking points matter for general opinion. Why would Mavs fans talk their team and player down during a series we clearly play better?
Bob8
General Manager

Post#154 » by Bob8 » Thu May 16, 2024 9:51 am

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

I called you out because you're in total meltdown after every significant loss. First after game 4 in Clippers series that after game 1 in Okc series and then after game 4. And can't see how fantastic Luka responded after every bad loss. 3 great games and 3 great and instrumental away wins.

What did i moderate? You used my name twice in the last few posts, what is so confusing now?

You keep proving my point and i asked you already to stop talking about it because you really come up as trolling. This person on GB minutes ago wrote a nice post why it's imperrative that Luka takes control of his body more seriously.

You don't get it it's fine but we're going to keep talking about. I brought it up once or twice and i'll do it again, doesn't matter. You're so obsessed with Doncic that you don't have the slightest clue whats going on.

Who has written this, "otherwise you're just trolling and piss people off? I believe Dirk already warned you on this"

We're watching playoffs 2024, now, what should Luka do in the future has no bearing whatsoever on this playoffs. Talking about what he should have done is useless. Talking how fat he's is useless. Luka and Mavs are playing in this moment, they're what they are, it's just stupid to talk about what should have been, when we're winning round 2 against #1 seed. For me, everyone are playing great. We should enjoy the ride.
Archx
RealGM

Post#155 » by Archx » Thu May 16, 2024 9:58 am

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Who has written this, "otherwise you're just trolling and piss people off? I believe Dirk already warned you on this"

We're watching playoffs 2024, now, what should Luka do in the future has no bearing whatsoever on this playoffs. Talking about what he should have done is useless. Talking how fat he's is useless. Luka and Mavs are playing in this moment, they're what they are, it's just stupid to talk about what should have been, when we're winning round 2 against #1 seed. For me, everyone are playing great.

How is that me moderating anything lol?

So you do kinda understand the point people make? Well why didn't you just say "Hey agreed but lets talk this in off season?" I would respect that much more than your usual attempts when you go to war with people for no reason at all.
hagredionis
Freshman
And1: 51

Post#156 » by hagredionis » Thu May 16, 2024 10:14 am

These playoffs Luka is 2nd in total points, 1st total assists, 2nd total rebounds, 2nd total steals and 6th in total blocks.
At +71 he is also second in +/- only behind Tatum.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#157 » by Bob8 » Thu May 16, 2024 10:15 am

Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

We're watching playoffs 2024, now, what should Luka do in the future has no bearing whatsoever on this playoffs. Talking about what he should have done is useless. Talking how fat he's is useless. Luka and Mavs are playing in this moment, they're what they are, it's just stupid to talk about what should have been, when we're winning round 2 against #1 seed. For me, everyone are playing great.

How is that me moderating anything lol?

So you do kinda understand the point people make? Well why didn't you just say "Hey agreed but lets talk this in off season?" I would respect that much more than your usual attempts when you go to war with people for no reason at all.

Because you're bringing fat argument after every bad loss. I'm sure you will be back with it, if they lose game 6. It's best of 7 series, bad games happen to everyone, even Denver lost 2 straight at home. And I told you many times, Luka's problems are not bad conditioning or being fat, it's 28% for 3, luckily that goes slowly up. Normal % and he would have averaging 30/10/10 with the best D of his life. It doesn't make any sense to be upset like you about his conditioning, when Mavs are winning and Luka is doing everything except shooting efficiently. Mavs have won Luka's minutes in 10/11 games. Only winning and everyone giving everything on the court should count. We're winning series against 1st seed and very few are happy about it. Wtf? Like we are first seed and favourites for the title.

You can talk about Luka being fat, cry-baby, bad conditioned, what should he do in the summer...after playoffs. I won't be here anyway.
Archx
RealGM

Post#158 » by Archx » Thu May 16, 2024 10:27 am

Mavrelous posted it first don't blame me :lol:

Read on Twitter
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,213

Post#159 » by Mavrelous » Thu May 16, 2024 10:29 am

Bob8 wrote:
You can talk about Luka being fat, cry-baby, bad conditioned, what should he do in the summer...after playoffs. I won't be here anyway.

He can and should criticize what he sees, of Luka's shape/demeanor/performance is detrimental to the team, then he should be called out, this isn't an exclusively team praising board, it's a discussion board, and everyone is free to pitch in.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,213

Post#160 » by Mavrelous » Thu May 16, 2024 10:30 am

Archx wrote:Mavrelous posted it first don't blame me :lol:

Read on Twitter

I literally LOLed when I saw it on Twitter.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down

Return to Dallas Mavericks