ImageImageImage

Avery solidifying the rotation

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

oldeagle
Senior
And1: 0

Avery solidifying the rotation 

Post#1 » by oldeagle » Fri Jan 4, 2008 3:49 pm

It is early January and Avery seems to be finally solidifying the rotation. The team seems to be settling in to their positions and responsibilities. Now comes the gelling part.
Some notable exceptions:
Diop-for some reason is in the Avery Doghouse. Also with not playing Diop, Avery is bringing down Diops value. This is a contract year for Diop.
Who knows what is really going on. Could be a trade, but I doubt it, not without showcasing the player.
Barea-Not playing at all at this time. Even when we win by 20?
The next time Terry is not shooting well, I would like to see Barea at the point and Devin at the 2. This is for offense. This gives us a lineup of Barea, Devin, Josh, Dirk and Damp. (It could happen) Has anyone seen this lineup?
Anyway this team is starting to gel and by the all star break we should be on track, swagger and all.
DDansby123
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#2 » by DDansby123 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 10:48 pm

Why does everyone assume that Diop's in Avery's doghouse just because he isn't playing much? To me, it has more to do with the fact that Damp and Bass are playing better right now.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#3 » by JES12 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 1:30 am

Why does everyone assume that Diop's in Avery's doghouse just because he isn't playing much? To me, it has more to do with the fact that Damp and Bass are playing better right now.

Because he used to play Diop at C and Bass at PF.

Now Bass is playing with Dirk at the C.

Bass is a PF, not a C, thus our C rotation right now is Damp/Dirk and very little time for Diop & Juwan (though I really don't wan tto see Juwan in anyways).
DDansby123
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#4 » by DDansby123 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:17 am

JES12 wrote:Because he used to play Diop at C and Bass at PF.

Now Bass is playing with Dirk at the C.

That doesn't mean he's in the doghouse, though. It could mean Bass and Damp are playing better now (which they are). It could mean Bass is better suited to play against some of the teams we've played recently (which he is). It could mean a lot of things.

Bass is a PF, not a C, thus our C rotation right now is Damp/Dirk and very little time for Diop & Juwan (though I really don't wan tto see Juwan in anyways).

Do you think it's wise to play Bass at PF next to Damp or Diop? I don't. Against a lot of teams, I'd rather play Bass at C, because he's better defensively on the perimeter (e.g., against the pick-and-roll) and is obviously better offensively.
oldeagle
Senior
And1: 0

Post#5 » by oldeagle » Sat Jan 5, 2008 2:40 am

Jes hit it on the nose.

oh geez louise ,,,, Bass has played good one game in a row. That was Golden State he sat the game before. So did Diop. Diop is a Center. Bass is a pf. Or in the Golden egg case he was brought in for that matchup. Diop is on the outs and his value is going down, whether it be for trade or for contract.
Sorry for the use of the word Doghouse.,,.... Lets say he is in the back of Avery's mind. How is that?...the point is Diop's value is going down.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Post#6 » by HMFFL » Sat Jan 5, 2008 3:31 am

DDansby123 wrote:Why does everyone assume that Diop's in Avery's doghouse just because he isn't playing much? To me, it has more to do with the fact that Damp and Bass are playing better right now.

Maybe not doghouse, but I do believe he's trying to teach Diop a few things by this, and I seriously doubt Avery trust Diop when he's on the floor. I still believe Diop will be part of our future and this will only make him stronger.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#7 » by JES12 » Sat Jan 5, 2008 6:20 am

oldeagle wrote:oh geez louise ,,,, Bass has played good one game in a row.
Well, you know that's the reason we signed him. Give Donnie some credit for addressing a need this offseson (and his did despite all the naysayers who say he didn't) along with Avery playing him in the Warrior games.

Bass has 2 double-doubles against the Warriors and the Mavs are 2-0 against them.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,863

Post#8 » by dirkforpres » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:22 am

I like the starting 5 with Harris and Jones at the guards a lot.... Bass and Juwan suck though, once again- backup PF is our biggest problem.
FIRE JASON KIDD

Return to Dallas Mavericks