Rasheed Wallace is interested in playing with the Mavericks

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,896

Rasheed Wallace is interested in playing with the Mavericks 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:57 am

Sources with knowledge of Sheed's thinking say he's also interested in playing with the Spurs' conquerors from Dallas, among others, but he's only one potential stopgap. Free-agent dollars are likely to be scarce for everyone this summer, which can only help a team like San Antonio that will be relying on championship pedigree to offset financial limitations when chasing the likes of, say, Ben Gordon.

Link
A-Town Connection
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Re: Rasheed Wallace is interested in playing with the Mavericks 

Post#2 » by A-Town Connection » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:24 am

I am sure some people are against this, but if we got him with the MLE, we could use Stack and others to possible get a Redd or other type. Sheed is the type of guy that plays of emotion and plays harder for a contender. He could defend most centers in the league and provide us with some more toughness inside. If possible, count me in.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#3 » by JES12 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:08 am

What does Rasheed offer on D that Damp doesn't?

What does Rasheed offer on O that Dirk doesn't?

Nothing!

If we want a real low post guy, we should target Shaq and go for Marion, Artest, Ariza, Dahantay Jones, Von Wafer or the like with our MLE money.

Concidering the assets we have (early bird rights on Bass, Dirk under contract, Damp under contract), there are much more dire needs than another David Stern target next to Cuban. And definately not another jumpshooting PF. According to 82games, Wallace's FGA near the basket consume 11% of his shots...Dirk, 15%. As far as rebounding and blocks and D...Damp owns Wallace.

The dude is so not what we need in the Big D even if he was free, but moreso at the cost of our MLE.
dtxshooter
Freshman

Post#4 » by dtxshooter » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:37 am

Im lobbying for Sheed to come to the D. Hate him for his antics and attitude all you want but when it comes down to it he's that extra attitude we need just that little bit more. He's matured alot and im sure he's willing to do anything for a team if it means getting to the Ship.

I want Sheed.
JES12
RealGM

Post#5 » by JES12 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:43 am

Sheeds not playing for another ring. He will be about the money. His heart is not where it used to be. Oh, and he will be 35 when training camp comes around.

I would offer the BAE, but nothing more.

If I spend MLE money on an over 30 big man, it will be one that plays in the paint on both sides of the floor like Chris Anderson.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 921

Post#6 » by Captain_Obvious » Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:01 am

JES12 wrote:Sheeds not playing for another ring. He will be about the money. His heart is not where it used to be. Oh, and he will be 35 when training camp comes around.

If I spend MLE money on an over 30 big man, it will be one that plays in the paint on both sides of the floor like Chris Anderson.

Did you just say that Sheed doesnt play D???
TsunamiZC
Sixth Man

Post#7 » by TsunamiZC » Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:
JES12 wrote:Sheeds not playing for another ring. He will be about the money. His heart is not where it used to be. Oh, and he will be 35 when training camp comes around.

Did you just say that Sheed doesnt play D???

Yes, that is rather obvious, Caption Obvious. :wink:
JES12
RealGM

Post#8 » by JES12 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:22 pm

Where in that statement did you pull those words from? You are pulling that out of thin air because I did not say that!!!!!!!!

Nothing I said even hinted at that, Like, seriously dude...I re-read what you quoted 5 times and still think you are making stuff up cuz nothing I said was even remotely close to that statement.

The topic of that quote:

ring
money
heart
money

Where the hell is D? Not there.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,795

Post#9 » by dirkforpres » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:39 pm

Id rather have Shaq than Rasheed, but I think either one makes us a stronger team, obviously.
FIRE JASON KIDD
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 921

Post#10 » by Captain_Obvious » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:43 pm

JES12 wrote:Where in that statement did you pull those words from? You are pulling that out of thin air because I did not say that!!!!!!!!

Nothing I said even hinted at that, Like, seriously dude...I re-read what you quoted 5 times and still think you are making stuff up cuz nothing I said was even remotely close to that statement.

The topic of that quote:

ring
money
heart
money

Where the hell is D? Not there.

lol relax

i was just misreading "one that plays in the paint on both sides of the floor" as "doesnt play on both sides of the floor"

my bad
thaAteam
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#11 » by thaAteam » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:59 pm

jess 12 i am so glad you dont run the mavs, you would rather have birdan then sheed lol? you gotta be kidding me. birdman has no offensive game and while i like him, we have a younger birdman that hasnt failed a drug test named hollins. i would love to have sheed upfront, this team would be versitle as hell and if he expects more then the mle he can retire cuz no team would pay that
crick
Junior

Post#12 » by crick » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:16 pm

No to Wallace, No to Shaq. Wallace five years ago, but not now. The Mavs need an upgrade at SG, a young PG, and an extra center in case Hollins doesn't pan out.
JES12
RealGM

Post#13 » by JES12 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:04 pm

thaAteam wrote:jess 12 i am so glad you dont run the mavs, you would rather have birdan then sheed lol? you gotta be kidding me. birdman has no offensive game and while i like him, we have a younger birdman that hasnt failed a drug test named hollins. i would love to have sheed upfront, this team would be versitle as hell and if he expects more then the mle he can retire cuz no team would pay that

:crazy: Hollins wil NEVER be Birdman!

..................................Rasheed............Birdman
Age................................35...................31
Minutes.........................32.2.................20.6
Tips/Dunks/Close..............80..................138 (216 at Sheed's minutes)
3pt FGA..........................319..................10
2pt Jumpers....................321.................144
FTA...............................101..................181 (283 at Sheed's minutes)
PPG...............................12.0.................6.4
PP48.............................17.9.................14.9
BPG..............................1.3....................2.5
BP48.............................1.9....................5.8
RPG..............................7.4....................6.2
RP48.............................11.0..................14.5
SPG..............................0.9.....................0.6
SP48..............................1.3...................1.4
FG%.............................41.9....................54.8
FT%..............................77.2...................71.8

And good lord...Kidd, a behind the 3 PG with Dirk, Terry, Sheed and Howard? Um, Anderson and Anderson type players are the ones Kidd needs!!!!!!!

Sheed would either 1) be unhappy at ~10MPG or 2) he will reduce/eliminated our INSIDE guys like Dampier (who is better defensively anyways) and Bass. That, in itself, is a HUGE negative!!!!!!

THANK GOD YOU DON'T RUN OUR TEAM

I would much rather have:

C) Dampier (23 MPG) / Anderson (21 MPG) / Bass (4 MPG)
PF) Nowitzki (35 MPG) / Bass (13 MPG)

Than add someone who jacks 3's on 44.3% of their shots because they are too old and slow to take it to the rim.

Geez, the nerve of some people who base their opinion of has-been reputations and video games!
JES12
RealGM

Post#14 » by JES12 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:42 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:lol relax

i was just misreading "one that plays in the paint on both sides of the floor" as "doesnt play on both sides of the floor"

my bad

Cool, man. I relaxed...then I read thaAteam's comments. :banghead:

crick wrote:No to Wallace, No to Shaq. Wallace five years ago, but not now. The Mavs need an upgrade at SG, a young PG, and an extra center in case Hollins doesn't pan out.

I can definately understand wanting to go after players younger than 35, but who do you suggest?

I like trading the 34 yo Dampier (by training camp) + the 35yo Stack for Shaq even if it is for just one year. That is unless we can get a better deal with their expiring contracts.
thaAteam
Banned User

Post#15 » by thaAteam » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:37 pm

why would u highlight no offensive game then post 6 ppg which is all put backs, alley oops? he has no offensive game once ago and is one drug test from being banned from league
JES12
RealGM

Post#16 » by JES12 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:42 pm

thaAteam wrote:why would u highlight no offensive game then post 6 ppg which is all put backs, alley oops? he has no offensive game once ago and is one drug test from being banned from league

If scoring off alley oops and cleaning up trash is "no offensive game" then poo on you.

He certainly has more inside game than Sheed!

If you want to define offensive game as who can hit the most 3's, then you are right. That is not my definition.

And if the drug concerns are thee main issue, then fine. I can see that affecting the contractual stiplulations in the fine print of a MLE deal. But do to say "jess 12 i am so glad you dont run the mavs" when he is clearly more of what we need (a trashman to cleanup the mess from our jumpshooters like Howard, Dirk, Kidd, Terry AND someone to finish alley opps from Kidd) than Sheed is just way off base.
2011Champs
General Manager
And1: 854

Post#17 » by 2011Champs » Thu Apr 30, 2009 9:43 pm

I would go after Sheed ONLY if Bass leaves Dallas in free agency. Sheed would be a good Bass replacement at backup PF/C. I just have little interest in the over the hill players like Shaq, Sheed, etc. Its time to look at adding players that don't need Geritol. Please no more elderly players!!!
It is okay to look for younger no name players and develop them instead of big name olds.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,896

Post#18 » by HMFFL » Fri May 1, 2009 12:18 am

We need some toughness on this team and Rasheed can provide us with that. Maybe he needs a new scene, but I don't like how he acted this season, and he might not be fully focused to win. He's still someone that we should strongly consider and he would work well under Rick.
thaAteam
Banned User

Post#19 » by thaAteam » Fri May 1, 2009 12:21 am

jes 12 you dont seem to know much about basketball at all, sheed is twice the player anderson is with far less baggage, sheed is a better post player by far he has a pure inside game he is not just a trash man, with consistent minutes hollins provides the exact same thing as anderson does, a long athletic guy with no basketball iq but can jump out the gym and block shots, thats as far is it goes and to give the full mle for that is just ludacris
JES12
RealGM

Post#20 » by JES12 » Fri May 1, 2009 12:26 am

thaAteam wrote:jes 12 you dont seem to know much about basketball at all, sheed is twice the player anderson is with far less baggage, sheed is a better post player by far he has a pure inside game he is not just a trash man, with consistent minutes hollins provides the exact same thing as anderson does, a long athletic guy with no basketball iq but can jump out the gym and block shots, thats as far is it goes and to give the full mle for that is just ludacris

Not in 2009. Sheed is not a post player anymore. Appearently you don't watch him anymore.
He is not good enough inside to even beconcidered a trashman.

Maybe you are right on Hollins. Just like I was right about Barea when no one else thought he belonged in the NBA. But as of right now, with our players under contract, I easily, easily take Anderson over Wallace. And anyone who know basketball instead of basing their 2009 opinion from 2004 Wallace would agree.

On the other hand, if we had a Duncan, Shaq, Nene, D-12, etc., I would agree with you.

:rofl: Everytime you and I converse, it is the exact same line...word from word.. "you dont seem to know much about basketball at all" I would expect at least a better lie and/or insult next time, :wink:

Oh, wait..you put "seem" in that one.

Return to Dallas Mavericks