ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Magic (Tonight)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Magic (Tonight) 

Post#101 » by BliscoSantos » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:37 am

dirkules_41 wrote:Credit to Powell, he's had his stubby arms everywhere in the 4th, nice work.

Luka to Kyrie for the 3 and the same in reverse. That should do it. So much for all the "they don't play well together" nonsense, really starting to look good.

Yeah that narative was always weird...they showed last season they can play together,on O, it's Just that the D was a problem

Tonight we saw some very good D from Kyrie in the 4th... he's not a bad defender,like the reporters make him out to be,it's Just that he's small,most Players are bigger than him
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,655

Post#102 » by Bob8 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:37 am

BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Luka and Kai questionable

How soft are nowadays Nba players. 7th game for Luka and Kyrie has played only 4. Both should play.

This man does not understand what injuries are.

I would advise you, not to going in conflict with other users, just for trying look smart.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,921

Post#103 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:38 am

Bob8 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:Those 2 injured players look pretty good in Q4. :D

Psshhhh better rest them both and throw the win away. Apparently that's the better strategy and wins don't matter.

Maybe some teams can afford to rest their stars that early in the season, Mavs for sure can't. Great win.

Yeah ridiculous proposition by some here to rest them because of minor stuff - the west this year is far to competitive to leave wins on the table. Agreed, great 2nd half and great win, the Magic are a good team.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#104 » by Bob8 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:38 am

BliscoSantos wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:Credit to Powell, he's had his stubby arms everywhere in the 4th, nice work.

Luka to Kyrie for the 3 and the same in reverse. That should do it. So much for all the "they don't play well together" nonsense, really starting to look good.

Yeah that narative was always weird...they showed last season they can play together,on O, it's Just that the D was a problem

Tonight we saw some very good D from Kyrie in the 4th... he's not a bad defender,like the reporters make him out to be,it's Just that he's small,most Players are bigger than him

Kyrie played with the best energy today. When his shots start falling, Mavs can be pretty good.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#105 » by BliscoSantos » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:39 am

Meanwhile the Knicks are leading against the Clippers...Brunson again with problems against bigger defenders,but Randle and Barrett seem to Play good
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,973

Post#106 » by Mavrelous » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:41 am

The turning point was THJ tech, Black pulled him and ref missed, he got pissed off and went Steph Curry on them...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,921

Post#107 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:42 am

BliscoSantos wrote:

He's got great hands, nearly 2 stls a game so far and I never really worry about him getting overpowered, he is very smart poking at the ball, etc. if he gets physically overpowered. I guess as he cares that soft defender part about the Kyrie narrative doesn't seem true.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,218

Post#108 » by Archx » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:45 am

Maverick41 wrote:This year is night and day in closing games. It's so weird how much better both Luka and Kyrie are in the 4th....and also the defense. Like geez can we at least put in some of that same effort in the other quarters? Particularly the 1st quarter? So we don't have to keep climbing from behind all the time.

I would say Luka not playing entire 2nd half and Kyrie being there helps a lot. Kidd changed his minutes distribution and it shows a lot. Also this team is slightly more athletic and tougher now aswell. If it wasn't for all those Doncic TO's vs DEN, they could have been 7-0 right now.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,973

Post#109 » by Mavrelous » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:49 am

DJJ is a good defender and hustle player, if only he could shoot...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager

Post#110 » by Bob8 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:50 am

Mavrelous wrote:The turning point was THJ tech, Black pulled him and ref missed, he got pissed off and went Steph Curry on them...

THJ is playing the best basketball of his career. Having someone to average 20 from the bench is nice luxury to have.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#111 » by BliscoSantos » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:50 am

Archx wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:This year is night and day in closing games. It's so weird how much better both Luka and Kyrie are in the 4th....and also the defense. Like geez can we at least put in some of that same effort in the other quarters? Particularly the 1st quarter? So we don't have to keep climbing from behind all the time.

I would say Luka not playing entire 2nd half and Kyrie being there helps a lot. Kidd changed his minutes distribution and it shows a lot. Also this team is slightly more athletic and tougher now aswell. If it wasn't for all those Doncic TO's vs DEN, they could have been 7-0 right now.

I don't know about that,it seemed like Denver played as hard as they had to...Denver is at the moment simplu too Strong for Dallas and they're also a bad matchup...they are a big team....Mavs have problems against big teams, Minnesota aswell
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,612

Post#112 » by Maverick41 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:51 am

Archx wrote:I would say Luka not playing entire 2nd half and Kyrie being there helps a lot. Kidd changed his minutes distribution and it shows a lot. Also this team is slightly more athletic and tougher now aswell. If it wasn't for all those Doncic TO's vs DEN, they could have been 7-0 right now.

I think the minutes distribution helps too. I never liked the Luka playing the full 1st quarter and 3rd quarter plan we did last year. Always seemed to result in Luka having no legs in the 4th, particularly if it was a close game.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#113 » by Bob8 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:54 am

And you know what is the funniest? We were talking about away back2back, how difficult it is and how players are tired and Kidd has played with 9 players rotation. :D
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,218

Post#114 » by Archx » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:57 am

BliscoSantos wrote:
Archx wrote:

I don't know about that,it seemed like Denver played as hard as they had to...Denver is at the moment simplu too Strong for Dallas and they're also a bad matchup...they are a big team....Mavs have problems against big teams, Minnesota aswell

Will be interesting to see in the 2nd half of the season how Lively does. He'll get more experienced and hopefully stay out of foul troubles. He showed that he can protect the paint very well.

Also, if DEN loses tonight, Mavs are going to be at the top in West :o
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#115 » by BeiBeau » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:11 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:Is it Just me or does Kidd have the same rotations(substituion patern) every game?
Every opponent is different,you have to adjust the gameplan,rotations according to that...it seems like he has a minute distribution set in stone

Yup, the guy has one blueprint for everything and 0 capability to make adjustments. No news here.

Dallas is quite literally the best 2nd half team in the league. That’s adjustments.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#116 » by BeiBeau » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:13 am

daoneandonly wrote:
Archx wrote:DJJ has been a very solid defender and barely gets to play these days. Kidd plays midget lineups with THJ who can't defend a chair and Powell instead.

And once again, zero criticism of Green. The guy with more turnovers and fouls than points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks combined. But he has the 2nd best +/- on the team. Just like D-Lo had with the Lakers.

Why would anyone need to critique him? You do it enough for all of us x3.
DanEu
Freshman
And1: 111

Post#117 » by DanEu » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:14 am

I know it's an easy schedule but so far so good.
Getting the job done.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#118 » by BeiBeau » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:17 am

dirkules_41 wrote:Both Green and Ky playing well during this run. Not sure what either of you are smoking rn :D

Can you smoke lack of basketball knowledge and haterism?
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#119 » by BeiBeau » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:22 am

Bob8 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
How soft are nowadays Nba players. 7th game for Luka and Kyrie has played only 4. Both should play.

This man does not understand what injuries are.

I would advise you, not to going in conflict with other users, just for trying look smart.

What?

Nobody doubted they could play once the Mavs said they could play. But they both are literally dealing with nagging injuries. If you we’re every an athlete like you claim you were you would know that you tweak something and then it’s just all about how much you can tolerate the pain, how much the injury could get worse, and how much the injury limits your function.

But they were both listed on the injury report, so don’t be dumb.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#120 » by BeiBeau » Tue Nov 7, 2023 3:38 am

Probably our best win of the season. This Magic are actually solid and this was a b2b with the 2nd night being on the road.

Shout out to Luka and Kyrie for playing even when injuries. I think a lot of stars would’ve sat.

Kyrie shot is still not there but Kyrie’s creation has been really good and his defense has been much better this season.

I was ready for Kidd to loosen Lively’s leash on defense so that he can really start to protect the rim. But it’s still way too early. Hopefully by all star break he can start dominating on that end.

I’m curious if starting Green over DJJ would help with the slow starts. I don’t know if that’s the answer but it’s a thought.

Return to Dallas Mavericks