GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,184

Re: Mark Cuban sells Mavs 

Post#101 » by GermanFan120 » Fri Dec 1, 2023 2:10 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Really man... my nephew uses these acronyms... LOL,LMAO.

Loser mindset and childish attitude. Good pairing.

The guy who loves using emojis is the real CHILD here. LMAO.

And you should leave your imaginary nephew out of any forum posts.

My friend, this is really embarassing.
Stop yourself and *edit*. Please.

Your posts are more embarrassing to be honest.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#102 » by ejs78 » Fri Dec 1, 2023 3:12 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
I honestly think that who moving the goalposts is you and not just now.

I've never said that all teams will go over the 2nd apron, but EVERY TEAM will continue to overpaid players. And it's happened last OF. Fact.
It's not even up for debate and that show you was wrong. Nothing changed just like i said.

I know that your ego hurts but happens, life goes on.

No crap teams will be spend, but you discussed this whole thing as if it was nothing and all teams will be spending boat loads of money. Again this is the softest part of the new CBA that we will see, but here you are taking victory laps for predicting something hasn't been fully put in place yet.

Probably here you are right, but you have to take the loss because nothing is changed right now... And GMs work prospectively and not year by year so i'm very optimistic for the future of my prediction.

LOL this whole response just indicates you have back peddled and cant really grasp this conversation, but you take that "win" big guy.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#103 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 9:35 am

This is what your beloved Mark Cuban built around one of the best player in the league... But no problem, we won a title in 2011 so everything is good and sky isn't falling. Right?
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,184

Post#104 » by GermanFan120 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 4:37 am

Mavs have been performing badly after Cuban sold the team. What's next? Our drama queen will ask to be traded soon.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#105 » by ejs78 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 4:50 am

GermanFan120 wrote:Mavs have been performing badly after Cuban sold the team. What's next? Our drama queen will ask to be traded soon.
Since Cuban bought the team the Mavs have the 6 highest winning percentage in all 4 sports. He sells and they are 0-2. Can't believe he sold to these bums lol. We could have alot of fun with the bit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#106 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 9:16 am

Cuban sold the teams but the rotter apples are still there... And here :lol:
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#107 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Dec 3, 2023 10:43 am

ejs78 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:Mavs have been performing badly after Cuban sold the team. What's next? Our drama queen will ask to be traded soon.
Since Cuban bought the team the Mavs have the 6 highest winning percentage in all 4 sports. He sells and they are 0-2. Can't believe he sold to these bums lol. We could have alot of fun with the bit.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Oh wow... But, how many PO series we won after 2011? Just to know... Well, more than Detroit,Charlotte ecc ecc for sure. So, great job Cuban. Right?
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,012

Post#108 » by Mavrelous » Sun Dec 3, 2023 11:53 am

Check out Cuban's expression
Read on Twitter
?s=20
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,152

Post#109 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 16, 2024 6:30 pm

For those of you interested here is an interesting conversation about Cuban’s actual role with the team. One of the local Dallas radio shows recently interviewed the Mavs new owner and they asked him about Cuban’s role and he would not say that Cuban has an actual role with the team. He basically said that he is the owner and Nico is the President of Basketball Operations. He did not want to mention the exact role that Cuban has if any. Anyways it’s an interesting listen if any of you are interested.

https://youtu.be/PKD65Jenk-s?si=rXVQr2FzgeEf7D2H
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#110 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Feb 16, 2024 9:30 pm

He doesn't have any role and it's good for the Mavs, we have just seen it the last TDL.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#111 » by Mr B » Fri Feb 16, 2024 11:33 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:He doesn't have any role and it's good for the Mavs, we have just seen it the last TDL.

That’s what they were talking about more or less. I also agree that this is the best thing that could happen to the Mavs. From my understanding Nico is now being allowed to be the Player Personnel guy without any interference from anyone.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#112 » by Archx » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:24 am

Mr B wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:He doesn't have any role and it's good for the Mavs, we have just seen it the last TDL.

That’s what they were talking about more or less. I also agree that this is the best thing that could happen to the Mavs. From my understanding Nico is now being allowed to be the Player Personnel guy without any interference from anyone.

I have no clue how their contract is structured but Mark still walks around and acts like he owns everything lol... It's certainly bizzare that there are two sides acting/talking differently and are not in sync. Or maybe they are, i don't know, it's just when you look at the sidelines you have a feeling Cuban is still somehow in charge. But it's true that i haven't seen him talking about player movement like he usually does after it's done. It was only Nico talking from my understanding.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#113 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 17, 2024 12:55 am

Archx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

I have no clue how their contract is structured but Mark still walks around and acts like he owns everything lol... It's certainly bizzare that there are two sides acting/talking differently and are not in sync. Or maybe they are, i don't know, it's just when you look at the sidelines you have a feeling Cuban is still somehow in charge. But it's true that i haven't seen him talking about player movement like he usually does after it's done. It was only Nico talking from my understanding.

Cuban still has a small ownership stake in the team and seems to just be the “frontman” without having any actual power. At least that’s the way Patrick Dumont made it seem in his interview. He refused to say Cuban was actually in charge of anything. I got the impression that he has the same amount of control in the team as Magic Johnson has in the Washington Commanders.
Archx
RealGM

Post#114 » by Archx » Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:52 am

Mr B wrote:
Archx wrote:
Mr B wrote:That’s what they were talking about more or less. I also agree that this is the best thing that could happen to the Mavs. From my understanding Nico is now being allowed to be the Player Personnel guy without any interference from anyone.

Cuban still has a small ownership stake in the team and seems to just be the “frontman” without having any actual power. At least that’s the way Patrick Dumont made it seem in his interview. He refused to say Cuban was actually in charge of anything. I got the impression that he has the same amount of control in the team as Magic Johnson has in the Washington Commanders.

Yeah, that makes sense. It is a bit concerning how this story will play out. We'll see, hope for the best. But as long as those guys stay out of Nico's business i guess it's fine. At least we know new owners have almost unlimited resources and hopefully are willing to pay.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#115 » by Mr B » Sat Feb 17, 2024 2:11 am

Archx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Archx wrote:

Yeah, that makes sense. It is a bit concerning how this story will play out. We'll see, hope for the best. But as long as those guys stay out of Nico's business i guess it's fine. At least we know new owners have almost unlimited resources and hopefully are willing to pay.

This was another part of that video that I found interesting. They added up the net worth of Mark Cuban, Jerry Jones, the current Dallas Stars owners, and the current Texas Rangers owners, and the new Mavs owners have a net worth that’s more than all the other owners combined. I believe the Mavs ownership is the 3rd richest in the NBA. So as long as they’re willing to spend money shouldn’t be a problem.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:55 am

Mr B wrote:
Archx wrote:
Mr B wrote:That’s what they were talking about more or less. I also agree that this is the best thing that could happen to the Mavs. From my understanding Nico is now being allowed to be the Player Personnel guy without any interference from anyone.

Yes it's not a problem for me if he wants to be the "frontman" of the franchise. He is a great fan of the team, much better than a lot of us.
But he has to stay out of Nico way. Absolutely.
Cuban was a disaster in last 10 years.
Archx
RealGM

Post#117 » by Archx » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:32 pm

Yikes. Not a good start if true.

As per annual tradition of Mavs screwing over their season ticket holders, the Adelsons family increasing Mavs prices by as much as 50% for the upcoming 2024-25 season. Doing away with Loyalty Pricing

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1avl8jv/as_per_annual_tradition_of_mavs_screwing_over/
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,012

Post#118 » by Mavrelous » Tue Feb 20, 2024 6:58 pm

Archx wrote:Yikes. Not a good start if true.

As per annual tradition of Mavs screwing over their season ticket holders, the Adelsons family increasing Mavs prices by as much as 50% for the upcoming 2024-25 season. Doing away with Loyalty Pricing

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1avl8jv/as_per_annual_tradition_of_mavs_screwing_over/

It's a sell out crowd, they can increase the price and still sell out, but 50% is excessive, I think they may discover that Dallas is in fact Cowboys town if they overplay their hand.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Archx
RealGM

Post#119 » by Archx » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:14 pm

Mavrelous wrote:

It's a sell out crowd, they can increase the price and still sell out, but 50% is excessive, I think they may discover that Dallas is in fact Cowboys town if they overplay their hand.

Orrr.....Maybe new owners are preparing to pay deep tax bills with the new CBA and started charging more money because they already paid billions to Cuban :D
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,863

Post#120 » by dirkforpres » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:44 pm

Mavrelous wrote:

Dallas has gotten a ton of rich transplants and new businesses moving to the area over the past few years. Somebody will pay the price for the new tickets, but its sure to alienate the loyal fanbase.

Single game tickets the day of is probably the way to go going forward.
FIRE JASON KIDD

Return to Dallas Mavericks