ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Suns (Wed., 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Suns (Wed., 830PMEST) 

Post#101 » by BliscoSantos » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:29 am

ejs78 wrote:Time to get out the pampers

Read on Twitter
?t=1VEOjL4BARHNkO88n6KB6w&s=19

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Isn't McMahon writting a book about Luka...and I think he said there's gonna be some interesting stuff to read

Btw,I hate this attitude from Luka... he's starting to remind me of KD,LeBron,Harden,when they argue with the reporters,dans...this New generation of Players is soft...I don't know what happened to Luka,but it seems like the pressure,the game is getting to him
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,614

Post#102 » by Maverick41 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:32 am

mikea7 wrote:Would you guys want Budenholzer if he was available? A few weeks ago some of us were looking at that name, hah.

I'd be happy with him. The guy has one of the highest win %s as a head coach ever, 2 coach of the year awards and also has a championship to show for it. His playoff adjustments are a little suspect but I do think having Luka and Kyrie who can make plays on their own without any help would lessen that issue.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#103 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:40 am

BliscoSantos wrote:

Read on Twitter

Isn't McMahon writting a book about Luka...and I think he said there's gonna be some interesting stuff to read

Btw,I hate this attitude from Luka... he's starting to remind me of KD,LeBron,Harden,when they argue with the reporters,dans...this New generation of Players is soft...I don't know what happened to Luka,but it seems like the pressure,the game is getting to him
Not sure about the book part. Bottom line is he got caught and embarrassed. Yeah Tim can be an agitator, but you can hear another reporter asking the same thing he was.

mikea7
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#104 » by mikea7 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:42 am

Maverick41 wrote:
mikea7 wrote:Would you guys want Budenholzer if he was available? A few weeks ago some of us were looking at that name, hah.

I'd be happy with him. The guy has one of the highest win %s as a head coach ever, 2 coach of the year awards and also has a championship to show for it. His playoff adjustments are a little suspect but I do think having Luka and Kyrie who can make plays on their own without any help would lessen that issue.

I think he'd be a good fit, other than this: we've had similar critiques of the moves the Suns made this off-season in that they built an offensive-focused roster and hired a defense-focused HC. It's setting the guy up for failure, you know?

I feel like you'd mainly go for coach Bud to help improve the defensive schemes/execution. This year, at least, I feel like you'd have the same problem: I think the Mavs are an offense-heavy roster right now. They play best playing fast, shooting a lot of threes, getting Luka in quick mismatches and letting him cook.

Both of our teams might really need a shutdown switchable wing to help us get more solid. Coaching matters, but personnel is king.
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#105 » by kacey ring » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:47 am

Something has to change and soon. If it wasn’t for that cupcake schedule to start the regular season then Mavs would definitely be under .500.

It’s odd to me that Griffin has been fired due to all the “red flags,” yet Kidd just hangs onto his job.

Outside of the Hawks game coming up theyve got a tough stretch. Could easily see them losing 9 straight. Then do you fire, Kidd?
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#106 » by BliscoSantos » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:50 am

ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:

Read on Twitter

Not sure about the book part. Bottom line is he got caught and embarrassed. Yeah Tim can be an agitator, but you can hear another reporter asking the same thing he was.

Well Tim and the other reporter admited that the fan was chirping all game Long,Said a lot of things,but the thing that Stuck with them was the one that Got him kicked out...now I don't support players kicking fans out of the game if the thing reported was all that was said and it Just seems the frustration Got the better of him this time(it seems there might be some trouble in DAL brewing)...like I said ,the Players have become too sensitive(Westbrook,LeBron Got the fans kicked out too)
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#107 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 4:55 am

BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:

Well Tim and the other reporter admited that the fan was chirping all game Long,Said a lot of things,but the thing that Stuck with them was the one that Got him kicked out...now I don't support players kicking fans out of the game if the thing reported was all that was said and it Just seems the frustration Got the better of him this time(it seems there might be some trouble in DAL brewing)...like I said ,the Players have become too sensitive(Westbrook,LeBron Got the fans kicked out too)
All I know right now is the Laser has still got it lol.

Enjoy your night

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#108 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:07 am

ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Not sure about the book part. Bottom line is he got caught and embarrassed. Yeah Tim can be an agitator, but you can hear another reporter asking the same thing he was.

Enjoy your night

The best shooter in the league plays with the best team in the league. It makes sense.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#109 » by ejs78 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:12 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:

Enjoy your night

The best shooter in the league plays with the best team in the league. It makes sense.
We never see eye to eye but that's funny

ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,152

Post#110 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 5:47 am

BliscoSantos wrote:
Forbes wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:Yeah,I'm done with this team...Nico's Got his work cut out to do ..honestly,I'd tear this team down...Luka,Kai,Lively,Exum and DJJ(though they probably can't keep him) can stay, everybody else needs to be replaced(coaching staff included)

Kyrie is one of my fav guards but he is the main player we need to put on the block if we want to get a solid return.

You get rid of Kyrie and Luka is gone...I agree he needs to change his attitude,but it seems that under Kidd he's only regressed in that department...it looks like he's losing faith in the coach(which could be the reason he seems more agitated),cause when the team needs him,needs him to calm things down,workout a gameplan,he Just watches and doesn't do anything..also , he's been in the league for 6years and he's surrounded by only two starting caliber Players,Kai and Lively(and they Just Got him this year)...others are all bench or end od bench players..seems like something isn't right in DAL

Why would Luka be gone just because they trade Kyrie? Is Kyrie from Slovenia? Are they been playing together 5 years? Did they win anything together?

I mean, if Luka would be gone just because they sent someone, it would be Brunson and DFS. Luka made WCF with that roster.
Luka actually had great chemistry with those two. They all grow as NBA players together. Guess what? Brunson was helping Luka mentally too. Kyrie is a so-called veteran. Kyrie coming to Dallas Mavs created throwaway games and Mavs record tanked with him.

Imagine if you can trade Kyrie for Brunson+DFS. If that was possible Luka would do that in a heartbeat. In general, no one says release Kyrie but trade him for $40m worth of wing player(s). Luka would be happy if he got

Mavs team never had someone to defend Kawhi. DFS were good enough to cover smaller forwards and shooting guards. Since he is gone we dont have any wing player to defend elite competition.
Jerami Grant/Aaron Gordon type of player would be a nice addition. Mavs problem is lack of assets and lack of cap space. Otherwise I do not mind having Kyrie or THJ much. However if you spent $100m/year for Luka-Kyrie-THJ then its almost impossible to find competent SF-PF starters. Our starting SF-PF duo is earning vet min and MLE.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,152

Post#111 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:14 am

I am mostly following Mavs games for Luka. I have been going to couple of Mavs game per season as well. Its mostly to watch Luka.
I admire his basketball in NBA and also with Slovenia since they won the EuroBasket.

That being said, Luka has been visibly exhausted since last year.

Brunson was taking pressure from him with on-court performance, and they also seemed to have a solid friendship. Both were drafted the same year, so they grew in the league together. Add DFS and partly Dinwiddie to this. We miss that tough team, the Luka-Brunson duo's mental toughness.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#112 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 6:17 am

Yes, Kyrie took a lot of blame tonight... And he didn't even play :lol:
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 862

Post#113 » by Teffer10 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 9:24 am

Out rebounded by 16 (49-33).
If they dont address this in the next 2 weeks, the season will be over and they might as well start and play Prosper starter minutes.
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 569

Post#114 » by ACMFFL » Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:25 am

Really appriciate those two classy Suns fans. That's the only positive about this game.

Please, sack that bald fraud before it's too late, it wont solve our size issue but we badly need a real coach, not someone who stands there doing nothing but watching his guys getting slaughtered.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#115 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:49 am

kacey ring wrote:Something has to change and soon. If it wasn’t for that cupcake schedule to start the regular season then Mavs would definitely be under .500.

It’s odd to me that Griffin has been fired due to all the “red flags,” yet Kidd just hangs onto his job.

Outside of the Hawks game coming up theyve got a tough stretch. Could easily see them losing 9 straight. Then do you fire, Kidd?

It's this fake loyalty culture of the Mavs. It reaches from being unwilling to get rid of a HC who is clearly out of his depth and continues to demonstrate it almost daily to extending players almost blindly to parts of the fanbase asking for every former Mav back no matter how limited they are (see DFS).
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#116 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:04 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
kacey ring wrote:Something has to change and soon. If it wasn’t for that cupcake schedule to start the regular season then Mavs would definitely be under .500.

It's this fake loyalty culture of the Mavs. It reaches from being unwilling to get rid of a HC who is clearly out of his depth and continues to demonstrate it almost daily to extending players almost blindly to parts of the fanbase asking for every former Mav back no matter how limited they are (see DFS).

When you think that the solution for this Mavs is trade Irving for a poor's man Irving and a 3&D guy who shoots 21% from 3 in last 15games then it means something is rotten here...

We need bigs.
Lively is a kid and others are no good NBA players.

Oh well , an NBA coach can help for sure but the roster is the main problem right now... If Mavs want to win obviously, if they just want to stay on par and fight for a play in spot plus develop Lively so it's ok what we are.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#117 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:08 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:

When you think that the solution for this Mavs is trade Irving for a poor's man Irving and a 3&D guy who shoots 21% from 3 in last 15games then it means something is rotten here...

We need bigs.
Lively is a kid and others are no good NBA players.

Oh well , an NBA coach can help for sure but the roster is the main problem right now... If Mavs want to win obviously, if they just want to stay on par and fight for a play in spot plus develop Lively so it's ok what we are.

This team needs a second impactful big and a semi-sane coach asap. Otherwise this season is over.
Kyrie is great, so is Luka but they're not gonna help much if you get outrebounded a couple of times a week by 20 boards against teams that are rather poor rebounding teams themselves.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,103

Post#118 » by daoneandonly » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:26 pm

If Cuban is so blindly loyal to Kidd, do what the Wiz just did with Unseld. Promote him to the front office but fire him as coach. But dont let him make key decisions, this si the idiot that urged us to sign McGee
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,012

Post#119 » by Mavrelous » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:32 pm

daoneandonly wrote:If Cuban is so blindly loyal to Kidd, do what the Wiz just did with Unseld. Promote him to the front office but fire him as coach. But dont let him make key decisions, this si the idiot that urged us to sign McGee

That's a great idea, I hope he's mulling it.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#120 » by 41Dirk41 » Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:42 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:If Cuban is so blindly loyal to Kidd, do what the Wiz just did with Unseld. Promote him to the front office but fire him as coach. But dont let him make key decisions, this si the idiot that urged us to sign McGee

That's a great idea, I hope he's mulling it.

Agree.

So Cuban can ended up good (it's the most important thing for him) and the Mavs too.

Return to Dallas Mavericks