ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Sixers (Sund., 1PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 367

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Sixers (Sund., 1PMEST) 

Post#101 » by Michaellam1987 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:29 pm

leolozon wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:
leolozon wrote:lol. What an overreaction on the board after the PJ and Gafford trade! Now Gafford is barely playable, and PJ has trouble hitting 3s.

The Mavs made mistakes and then made other mistakes trying to correct their mistakes, until they had no asset left.

The problem is on coach, on how to utilise the players in a correct way, and with some proper game plan

The problem is more than just the coach. The roster is subpar and the front office sucks.

It is the coach. You put Nurse in this team, and you can see the difference.
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#102 » by kacey ring » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:29 pm

Cute comeback attempt. Too bad there were too many lackadaisical possessions for most the game.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#103 » by ejs78 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:29 pm

Archx wrote:Like clockwork.... Collaps defense to leave a wide open 3.
Oubres first assist of his life too lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,185

Post#104 » by GermanFan120 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:33 pm

I was out and missed the game, omg we actually lost?????
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#105 » by Archx » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:35 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:I was out and missed the game, omg we actually lost?????

Did you really expect Mavs will win against Oubre, Harris and Batum? :o
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 569

Post#106 » by ACMFFL » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:35 pm

Embarassing loss. Kidd has to go asap but this is entirely on the players tbh.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,185

Post#107 » by GermanFan120 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:35 pm

Archx wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:I was out and missed the game, omg we actually lost?????

Did you really expect Mavs will win against Oubre, Harris and Batum? :o

I understand your sarcasm... but omg... we suck period.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 906

Post#108 » by kacey ring » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:36 pm

PJ now at 28% on 3s as a Mav. Ouch.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,152

Post#109 » by ozwizard8 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:37 pm

Refs tried hard today. **** foul calls for Sixers. Tech and a lot of shady calls...

Team defense was trash. This is partly related to the shortcomings of PJ, Maxi, Gafford and rookie Lively. Partly with Luka, Kyrie and THJ being defensive liability.

Our offensive star, max player Kyrie is really not a top player anymore. He is not even an all-star. He simply does not create a dominant difference on offense to be worth the cap space and defensive woes. Maxey, Tobias, Oubre. They are scoring as well. Kyrie is not commanding double teams and he is not that efficient either. He had 3 important shots that was prepared by Doncic and missed them.

You remember last couple of games where Kyrie was great at the start of the 4th quarter? They were against worse teams and it was against their bench units. This is the sad reality. Kyrie cannot have that efficient offense against good teams and their main rotations.

I kinda wish we got Kuzma instead of PJ.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#110 » by ozwizard8 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:38 pm

kacey ring wrote:Luka is such a baby. Been yapping at that ref all game long. I think he’s up to 12 techs now

Trade him and do him and yourself a favor.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#111 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:38 pm

Great Kidd who draws on the blackboard a "ball to Doncic and you take care of it"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,231

Post#112 » by Archx » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:39 pm

ACMFFL wrote:Embarassing loss. Kidd has to go asap but this is entirely on the players tbh.

True but if you can't prepare your team enough to win vs these 76'ers... i mean, come on :D
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#113 » by ozwizard8 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:39 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:
leolozon wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:
The problem is on coach, on how to utilise the players in a correct way, and with some proper game plan

The problem is more than just the coach. The roster is subpar and the front office sucks.

Do you think Nurse would like to have Kyrie on this roster? Would he be happy with PJ?

I think he's one of the better coaches so he'd help but hard to expect to get a top contender out of this team.
StoneIsland
Freshman
And1: 38

Post#114 » by StoneIsland » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:40 pm

We won’t make it to the playoffs with Kidd as head coach. I hope they won’t see that too late. We can still save the season if they fire him tonight.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#115 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:40 pm

Not sure if the refs or Kidds non existent game plan were worse - what an embarrassing **** of a loss
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#116 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:41 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:
leolozon wrote:

Do you think Nurse would like to have Kyrie on this roster? Would he be happy with PJ?

I think he's one of the better coaches so he'd help but hard to expect to get a top contender out of this team.

Lol this roster is easily better than the depleted Sixers roster with Embiid out. By a good margin. Doesn't help when you have utter incompetence at the helm.
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 569

Post#117 » by ACMFFL » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:48 pm

Archx wrote:
ACMFFL wrote:Embarassing loss. Kidd has to go asap but this is entirely on the players tbh.

True but if you can't prepare your team enough to win vs these 76'ers... i mean, come on :D

Yeah if Nurse were our coach, Mavs would have easily won the game even in spite of that awful performances by the players, but it's true even the opposite we were playing a depleted Sixers team and we were at full force this is a game we should have won even with that bald fraud stading there and watching the game like a statue..turnovers literally killed us.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
joesha1698
Senior
And1: 125

Post#118 » by joesha1698 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:49 pm

There's something seriously wrong with Mavs culture. There isn't enough accountability and we got too many mamas boys on this team. We need men and leaders of men.

I like Kyrie but he need to be with a strong leader like Lebron or a coach that is strong to keep him accountable because at his age he isn't going to play the kinda defense you like and at times he can get complacent on offense. But I don't blame him as much. I blame the rest of these guys who have way lesser roles - there's no reason they shouldnt be giving 110%.

I can give Kyrie some slack now and then ( he's 31 ) and the pace of the game is so fast today he has to pace himself a little more.

As for Luka - he's 25 and he's doing a lot. He's not much of a vocal leader but he leads by example. Therefore, I don't expect him to lead vocally, realistically.

Biggest issues with this team:

1. Mama boys culture like Spence D said. We need a leader that can turn them into men. And or we need to get rid of some guys.

2.Mark Cuban and Jason Kidd are apart of that mama boys culture. That's a nice way of saying soft with little accountability.

3. We need men who understand their role and give 110% on defense without worrying about shots and all this crap. Watching this kinda effort is why a guy like Draymond Green is so important in today's league. He doesn't care if he scores. He does the dirty work. He leads and holds guys accountable. And he brings the effort. We need guys like that on this team. This was a shameful display of effort.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,934

Post#119 » by Dirk » Sun Mar 3, 2024 8:55 pm

Brutal loss. Similar to some others this season against teams missing their best players.

Obviously Kidd is the prime target... but I also really struggle to understand how the players don't show a different energy. After that 11-0 run, they (this includes Kyrie, Luka) just never looked like they were 100% engaged in the game. The number of turnovers was comical... and Kidd just watched, hands in his pockets as they couldn't run any plays for prolonged stretches.

Just off my head, I can remember at least 6 losses similar to this one. It's nuts... we all blame Kidd... but it's also deflating that the players just allow themselves to be punked by other teams that they should actually beat.

This team had that nice run after the trades. We had some fun... we've seen these guys play well... let's see if they can somehow muster some ability to come back from this hole and go on to give us something to look forward to come the playoffs or play in ugh.
60/21/10
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#120 » by ejs78 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:01 pm

joesha1698 wrote:There's something seriously wrong with Mavs culture. There isn't enough accountability and we got too many mamas boys on this team. We need men and leaders of men.

I like Kyrie but he need to be with a strong leader like Lebron or a coach that is strong to keep him accountable because at his age he isn't going to play the kinda defense you like and at times he can get complacent on offense. But I don't blame him as much. I blame the rest of these guys who have way lesser roles - there's no reason they shouldnt be giving 110%.

I can give Kyrie some slack now and then ( he's 31 ) and the pace of the game is so fast today he has to pace himself a little more.

As for Luka - he's 25 and he's doing a lot. He's not much of a vocal leader but he leads by example. Therefore, I don't expect him to lead vocally, realistically.

Biggest issues with this team:

1. Mama boys culture like Spence D said. We need a leader that can turn them into men. And or we need to get rid of some guys.

2.Mark Cuban and Jason Kidd are apart of that mama boys culture. That's a nice way of saying soft with little accountability.

3. We need men who understand their role and give 110% on defense without worrying about shots and all this crap. Watching this kinda effort is why a guy like Draymond Green is so important in today's league. He doesn't care if he scores. He does the dirty work. He leads and holds guys accountable. And he brings the effort. We need guys like that on this team. This was a shameful display of effort.
No one wants to be physical or gritty and it's been this way along time.

Circle back to it feels like the fans at the game are like this too. Been a few games and the vibe was very ho-hum. Could be wrong not being from the area but it all feels soft.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app

Return to Dallas Mavericks