ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Sixers (Sund., 1PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,152

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Sixers (Sund., 1PMEST) 

Post#121 » by ozwizard8 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:07 pm

Dirk wrote:Brutal loss. Similar to some others this season against teams missing their best players.

Obviously Kidd is the prime target... but I also really struggle to understand how the players don't show a different energy. After that 11-0 run, they (this includes Kyrie, Luka) just never looked like they were 100% engaged in the game. The number of turnovers was comical... and Kidd just watched, hands in his pockets as they couldn't run any plays for prolonged stretches.

Just off my head, I can remember at least 6 losses similar to this one. It's nuts... we all blame Kidd... but it's also deflating that the players just allow themselves to be punked by other teams that they should actually beat.

This team had that nice run after the trades. We had some fun... we've seen these guys play well... let's see if they can somehow muster some ability to come back from this hole and go on to give us something to look forward to come the playoffs or play in ugh.

Team chemistry is often overlooked.
Its been 1.5 years since our WCF appearance but we only have Luka-Maxi left in the rotation from that run. (THJ was out)
DFS was a defensive leader for the team. Kinda knew how not to get demotivated by Luka's defensive lapse, and DFS also understood the momentum of the game, what refs would whistle or not. I think Gafford-PJ doesn't understand that. They need to learn how to defend aggressively without making easy foul-calling mistakes.

I think both Brunson and Dinwiddie were better at understanding when Luka is frustrated and actually helping him when needed. Brunson going around the paint with dribbling and waiting patiently to find position... He was not a flashy player but he was leading offense at times and adjusting the tempo. Kyrie is amazing finisher with crossovers but he is SG who doesn't know how to lead a team, adjust tempo. And old-Kyrie is often ineffective against main rotations, playoff teams.
joesha1698
Senior
And1: 125

Post#122 » by joesha1698 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:07 pm

Mavs might as well trade everyone except centers and Luka and Kyrie. I would trade for one more star and fill the team with 3 and D ( legit shooters from 3) and take my chances rather than depend on soft, often injured, and inconsistent players.

I would rather have a Big 3 + two centers and a bunch of 3&D players ---- that you can rotate in and out of the lineup depending on who's hitting and playing the best defense on a given night than what we currently have.

I know this may sound harsh but I rather have 1 great player ( like a Siakum) than 3 inconsistent players that make more collective mistakes in Green, Washington, and THJ and Mr big Toe.

Think about it, Kyrie, Luka, Gafford, lively, Siakum ( or someone similar) + a combination of great 3&D role players that can be used on a given night is better than having guys who are inconsistent, undisciplined, turnover prone, and don't give the necessary effort .

If this continues we should really consider cleaning house and changing our approach. Build a big 3 and find 3&D through trades.

This is how I feel as of right now after what Im witnessing. We may be better off with 3 great players + 2 very good centers and a bunch of 3 and D guys. That's how I feel right now.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#123 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:12 pm

I don't know which is worse, this defeat or having to read mystifications about Dorian Finney-Smith and Spencer Dinwiddie :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,226

Post#124 » by Archx » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:43 pm

What we suspected. Real Mavs coach is actually Tim Sr. doing work behind the scenes.

Read on Twitter

For Mavrelous.

JASON KIDD AFTER SIXERS LOSS:
"The beauty of sports is you gotta fail, to be successful"
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,000

Post#125 » by Mavrelous » Sun Mar 3, 2024 9:46 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#126 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:15 pm

Some fans left the arena with 9minutes to go... New owners don't like this stuff...
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,775

Post#127 » by leolozon » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:19 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
Michaellam1987 wrote:
It is the coach. You put Nurse in this team, and you can see the difference.

Do you think Nurse would like to have Kyrie on this roster? Would he be happy with PJ?

I think he's one of the better coaches so he'd help but hard to expect to get a top contender out of this team.

Lol this roster is easily better than the depleted Sixers roster with Embiid out. By a good margin. Doesn't help when you have utter incompetence at the helm.

The roster is better, but they turned the ball 17 times and that is on them.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,927

Post#128 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:31 pm

leolozon wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:Do you think Nurse would like to have Kyrie on this roster? Would he be happy with PJ?

I think he's one of the better coaches so he'd help but hard to expect to get a top contender out of this team.

Lol this roster is easily better than the depleted Sixers roster with Embiid out. By a good margin. Doesn't help when you have utter incompetence at the helm.

They had a sloppy game but I didn't see any offensive or defensive game plan for 48 minutes. That's on coach. Substitutions bizarre - why is Maxi playing down the stretch if he can't protect the rim and isn't an offensive threat either?
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#129 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:32 pm

Archx wrote:What we suspected. Real Mavs coach is actually Tim Sr. doing work behind the scenes.

Read on Twitter

For Mavrelous.

JASON KIDD AFTER SIXERS LOSS:
"The beauty of sports is you gotta fail, to be successful"

And yet Timmy will only take contested pull up 3s instead.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,037

Post#130 » by Apz » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:42 pm

A **** disgrace. Knew it was a loss when we went up 11-0. Every time we start good everyone stops playing
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#131 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:53 pm

To be fair, it could always be worse - look at what the Celtics just did to the Warriors :lol:

Not to distract from the Kidd issue at hand here.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,775

Post#132 » by leolozon » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:11 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
leolozon wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:Lol this roster is easily better than the depleted Sixers roster with Embiid out. By a good margin. Doesn't help when you have utter incompetence at the helm.

They had a sloppy game but I didn't see any offensive or defensive game plan for 48 minutes. That's on coach. Substitutions bizarre - why is Maxi playing down the stretch if he can't protect the rim and isn't an offensive threat either?

Kidd is atrocious and I never wanted him. I was responding to people saying that Kidd is the only problem of this team. He isn't.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#133 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:14 pm

leolozon wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
leolozon wrote:

Kidd is atrocious and I never wanted him. I was responding to people saying that Kidd is the only problem of this team. He isn't.

It isn't but it's what keeping this team from being firmly at least in the 5th seed vs this current ****.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#134 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:32 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
leolozon wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:They had a sloppy game but I didn't see any offensive or defensive game plan for 48 minutes. That's on coach. Substitutions bizarre - why is Maxi playing down the stretch if he can't protect the rim and isn't an offensive threat either?

It isn't but it's what keeping this team from being firmly at least in the 5th seed vs this current ****.

No ,Kidd isn't the only problem,but he's definetely one of the bigger ones, along with Luka's attitude...I loved Luka when he came into the league, but he's become(his attitude) pretty unlikeable...I hated his attitude in the National team and I don't like it on the Mavs the past two years...he needs to learn to control his emotions,grow up, be a Man and stop crying to the refs...and the coach needs to hold him accountable... but Jason is Just blowing compliments along Luka's and Kyrie's way,cause it's a Players league...and if you piss off your star Players , you're gone...but Luka's not dumb, he knows he let's his emotions get the Best of him, that's why I don't understand how he can't control himself,change...get him a sports psychologist if he doesn't know how to...this can't go on ,it needs to change...Mavs have been pampering him for too Long,in Europe the coaches wouldn't allow such behaviour(the Best ones in Euroleague,not the puppet that's in control of the Slovenian National team)

Kidd's just not a good coach...Bucks fans tried to warn uš,but we were blinded by a fluke WCF run
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,037

Post#135 » by Apz » Mon Mar 4, 2024 1:44 am

BliscoSantos wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
leolozon wrote:

No ,Kidd isn't the only problem,but he's definetely one of the bigger ones, along with Luka's attitude...I loved Luka when he came into the league, but he's become(his attitude) pretty unlikeable...I hated his attitude in the National team and I don't like it on the Mavs the past two years...he needs to learn to control his emotions,grow up, be a Man and stop crying to the refs...and the coach needs to hold him accountable... but Jason is Just blowing compliments along Luka's and Kyrie's way,cause it's a Players league...and if you piss off your star Players , you're gone...but Luka's not dumb, he knows he let's his emotions get the Best of him, that's why I don't understand how he can't control himself,change...get him a sports psychologist if he doesn't know how to...this can't go on ,it needs to change...Mavs have been pampering him for too Long,in Europe the coaches wouldn't allow such behaviour(the Best ones in Euroleague,not the puppet that's in control of the Slovenian National team)

Kidd's just not a good coach...Bucks fans tried to warn uš,but we were blinded by a fluke WCF run

I see it more like luka getting pissed because of losing, which is a kidd problem
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#136 » by Michaellam1987 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:27 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Some fans left the arena with 9minutes to go... New owners don't like this stuff...

Hopefully the new owner can do something and get Kidd out of here, in which Cuban will never do against Kidd
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#137 » by BliscoSantos » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:35 am

Apz wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:It isn't but it's what keeping this team from being firmly at least in the 5th seed vs this current ****.

I see it more like luka getting pissed because of losing, which is a kidd problem

I get that he gets frustrated because of the losing, it's certainly a factor,but pouting and not showing any effort when the game is at reach is not a good sign...the game is Long, you can't let things throw you off because of a bad start...you could be having a terrible game but if your team is still close you can still win...when he gets frustrated he loses focus and is making terrible decisions...he need to stay calm,not let it affect his game
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,226

Post#138 » by Archx » Mon Mar 4, 2024 2:57 am

BliscoSantos wrote:
Apz wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:

I get that he gets frustrated because of the losing, it's certainly a factor,but pouting and not showing any effort when the game is at reach is not a good sign...the game is Long, you can't let things throw you off because of a bad start...you could be having a terrible game but if your team is still close you can still win...when he gets frustrated he loses focus and is making terrible decisions...he need to stay calm,not let it affect his game

He reads these forums.

Read on Twitter
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#139 » by Michaellam1987 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 3:22 am

Apz wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:It isn't but it's what keeping this team from being firmly at least in the 5th seed vs this current ****.

The talent is right there, just our coach never able to properly use them. And we don't have any game plan to properly use them.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#140 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:38 am

Archx wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
Apz wrote:

He reads these forums.

Read on Twitter

An immature boy is more mature than that no-balls coach.

Return to Dallas Mavericks