ImageImageImage

FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 – (Aug. 25 - Sept. 10)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Re: FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 – (Aug. 25 - Sept. 10) 

Post#141 » by Bob8 » Mon Sep 4, 2023 4:13 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
And what has Slovenia shown apart from good games against Australia and Georgia they were pretty mediocre...this is probably one of the worst teams we've had in our history...we have no PF and one solid C who got a citizenship cause we have no big men...Also Luka has been average(by his standard) last 3 games...he settles for stepback threes instead of getting closer to the basket where he gets hit a lot and then complains...if Mo Wagner Got under his skin,Brooks will probably do the same...and when Luka gets annoyed,entire team follows and complains

And that's why Canada is 8 points favourite, solid advantage for Canada but not exactly something that can't be beaten. Australia was 6.5 points favourite too. It's very difficult for Slovenia to be favourite against anyone in this stage even if everyone was playing. And if you remember Poland game, being underdogs is more suitable for Slovenia anyway.

Qs are success for this Slovenian team, but when you're there, medal can be only goal. I don't understand this pessimistic attitude. If we win on Wednesday great, if not it's not end of the world.

Do you remember game against Spain with fantastic roster in 2017? Spain looked unbeatable until semis and it ended with blowout win. Yes we had better roster then, but Spain had better roster too.

I don't know why, but he has problems with Mo Wagner in Nba too.

I'm not being pesimistic,Just realistic...after the Olympics in Tokyo this team has spiraled down very fast...we've had troubles against most teams we played...Australia and Georgia were probably our Best games in the last 3 years ..we strugled even in friendlies...there's no comparison to that 2017 team ...back then we had a great C(who was a beast on D) , amazing PF(Randolph),Goran in form of his Life(nobody could stop him),skinny Luka(who played way raster than these days),Prepelic (a sniper) and Blažič were Younger and even Dimec played amazing against Spain and Nikolić in the final...the coaching was better too...plus that team played good before the EuroBasket and then they made na amazing(undefeated) run for the tittle there...it was the pinacle of Slovenian basketball

This team has been strugling for a Long time...coaching definetely plays the role...Luka gets frustrated easily and then it rubs off on the whole team...the coach looks Lost,he doesn't know how to stop this team from complaining,concentrating on the game...Luka,as amazing as he is,need to mature a lot

And don't remind me od last year loss against Poland...there are a lot of stories circulating,but we all know the team wasn't focused on training and games...they were too relaxed,thought they can take easy...you need to unwind during the tournament,but you have to keep your focus on whinning...it was a clear changed od the atmosphere form 2017(when everybody stayed focused on goal the entire time)...and let's not forget about distractions before the EuroBasket (someone being included Just cause he's BFF with Dončić)...you could see even in preparation vmes that that team won't win...something wasn't right...it seemed like Goran wasn't pleased with the Focus(seemed like Players were talking it too easy...were too relaxed)

Slovenia was 30:1 in Eurobasket before the start and Spain looked unbeatable with Gasol brothers, Rubio in prime, Hernangomez brothers....That win was much bigger upset than win against Canada would be.

Yes, Rupnik being in Eurobasket showed that something smells fishy last year.

I agree with you that we're having pretty limited roster, coach included, although Bassin is pretty good with defensive schemes. But you can't write off those games, when you have Luka. In a good day he can almost singlehanded win the game.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#142 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Sep 4, 2023 6:56 pm

Bob8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
deb wrote:
I agree with Luka being immature, that he complains too much and is a suspect leader.

But the bolded part is just wrong. I don't think you understand how bad this Slovenian team is. Outside of LD it's watery diarrhea with blood mixed in it. It's a dumpster fire in the height of summer. I'm pretty sure that 2/3 of the team woludn't be on the German team, if they were German. It's really really really bad...

For me, getting into the top 8 is basically a miracle. Never saw it coming.

Agree... Italy and Slovenia need a miracle.

Canada is a favourite, but honestly, what exactly has Canada showed, except second half against France? They have lost against Brazil, Latvia was 3 qs very near and they were behind Spain the whole game, 7 points 4 minutes before the end. If Brooks wasn't shooting like Klay in last Q, they would have been out. At least Lithuania and Germany are better than Canada from European teams.

Luka will need to have his best game and Slovenia for sure has some chances. And we all know, which games Luka plays the best. I for sure wouldn't count Slovenia out.

Yes they are not so good like a team but they have a lot of NBA players and it's count.
Plus Brooks is the best Luka stopper in my opinion, obviously Luka can go in beast mode and win alone the game... But Shai can do the same.
He is incredible and so underrated... For me he is not worse than Morant.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#143 » by BliscoSantos » Mon Sep 4, 2023 7:01 pm

Bob8 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
And that's why Canada is 8 points favourite, solid advantage for Canada but not exactly something that can't be beaten. Australia was 6.5 points favourite too. It's very difficult for Slovenia to be favourite against anyone in this stage even if everyone was playing. And if you remember Poland game, being underdogs is more suitable for Slovenia anyway.

Qs are success for this Slovenian team, but when you're there, medal can be only goal. I don't understand this pessimistic attitude. If we win on Wednesday great, if not it's not end of the world.

Do you remember game against Spain with fantastic roster in 2017? Spain looked unbeatable until semis and it ended with blowout win. Yes we had better roster then, but Spain had better roster too.

I don't know why, but he has problems with Mo Wagner in Nba too.

I'm not being pesimistic,Just realistic...after the Olympics in Tokyo this team has spiraled down very fast...we've had troubles against most teams we played...Australia and Georgia were probably our Best games in the last 3 years ..we strugled even in friendlies...there's no comparison to that 2017 team ...back then we had a great C(who was a beast on D) , amazing PF(Randolph),Goran in form of his Life(nobody could stop him),skinny Luka(who played way raster than these days),Prepelic (a sniper) and Blažič were Younger and even Dimec played amazing against Spain and Nikolić in the final...the coaching was better too...plus that team played good before the EuroBasket and then they made na amazing(undefeated) run for the tittle there...it was the pinacle of Slovenian basketball

This team has been strugling for a Long time...coaching definetely plays the role...Luka gets frustrated easily and then it rubs off on the whole team...the coach looks Lost,he doesn't know how to stop this team from complaining,concentrating on the game...Luka,as amazing as he is,need to mature a lot

And don't remind me od last year loss against Poland...there are a lot of stories circulating,but we all know the team wasn't focused on training and games...they were too relaxed,thought they can take easy...you need to unwind during the tournament,but you have to keep your focus on whinning...it was a clear changed od the atmosphere form 2017(when everybody stayed focused on goal the entire time)...and let's not forget about distractions before the EuroBasket (someone being included Just cause he's BFF with Dončić)...you could see even in preparation vmes that that team won't win...something wasn't right...it seemed like Goran wasn't pleased with the Focus(seemed like Players were talking it too easy...were too relaxed)

Slovenia was 30:1 in Eurobasket before the start and Spain looked unbeatable with Gasol brothers, Rubio in prime, Hernangomez brothers....That win was much bigger upset than win against Canada would be.

I agree with you that we're having pretty limited roster, coach included, although Bassin is pretty good with defensive schemes. But you can't write off those games, when you have Luka. In a good day he can almost singlehanded win the game.

Yes we weren't among the favorites(cause we always screwed up the previous years) but that team from 2017 was light years more talented than what we have now...and we all were confident against Spain cause the team played great thru all the pre-tournament frendlies and the tournament...that team was a joy to watch,this one isn't...this team has massive deficiencis and their performance really isn't anywhere near the standard from 2017...they complain, choose to argue with the referees instead of playing D,they have no real game planand are really undersized...Luka is the third tallest Player,and he's the PG
Bob8
General Manager

Post#144 » by Bob8 » Mon Sep 4, 2023 8:29 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:

Yes we weren't among the favorites(cause we always screwed up the previous years) but that team from 2017 was light years more talented than what we have now...and we all were confident against Spain cause the team played great thru all the pre-tournament frendlies and the tournament...that team was a joy to watch,this one isn't...this team has massive deficiencis and their performance really isn't anywhere near the standard from 2017...they complain, choose to argue with the referees instead of playing D,they have no real game planand are really undersized...Luka is the third tallest Player,and he's the PG

We should wait at least until Wednesday to give definitive answer about this team. If they win against Canada, narrative might change a lot. They basically did exactly what they had to till now. Some bigger teams, France, Australia, Spain are already at home.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#145 » by BliscoSantos » Tue Sep 5, 2023 10:46 am

Bob8 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

We should wait at least until Wednesday to give definitive answer about this team. If they win against Canada, narrative might change a lot. They basically did exactly what they had to till now. Some bigger teams, France, Australia, Spain are already at home.

We'll see how they do...they got top 8,anything more would be cherry on top...I just wanna see them give their all,leave everything on the court and not complain(cry) to the refs(especialy Luka)...like Woody Harrelson said NUT UP OR SHUT UP :D
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,997

Post#146 » by Mavrelous » Tue Sep 5, 2023 11:35 am

Serbia manhandled Lithuania, they'll face the winner of SLO/CAN in the semis.
Bogi has placed himself as legit MVP candidate for the tournament, whover makes it the furthest among Luka, SGA, Bogi and Schroeder will be the MVP IMO.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#147 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Sep 5, 2023 2:28 pm

No show for Italy today. Destroyed... We are too weak for USA team.

But the dance on the bench is just ridiculous... No respect for the other team.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,037

Post#148 » by Apz » Tue Sep 5, 2023 4:48 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Serbia manhandled Lithuania, they'll face the winner of SLO/CAN in the semis.
Bogi has placed himself as legit MVP candidate for the tournament, whover makes it the furthest among Luka, SGA, Bogi and Schroeder will be the MVP IMO.

If he had been a laker we would have seen those "Is bogi an mvp candidatr next season" threads all over the place
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,225

Post#149 » by Archx » Tue Sep 5, 2023 5:41 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:No show for Italy today. Destroyed... We are too weak for USA team.

I thought Italy played quite well in the 1st half but they were simply missing every open 3 look. It was ridiculous how many shots they missed. 7/38 from range simply won't do it against the US.

Btw, are Italians mad at Paolo Banchero? What was the deal with him, he was suppose to play for your country?
Bob8
General Manager

Post#150 » by Bob8 » Tue Sep 5, 2023 6:56 pm

Archx wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:No show for Italy today. Destroyed... We are too weak for USA team.

I thought Italy played quite well in the 1st half but they were simply missing every open 3 look. It was ridiculous how many shots they missed. 7/38 from range simply won't do it against the US.

Btw, are Italians mad at Paolo Banchero? What was the deal with him, he was suppose to play for your country?

It's kinda sad that USA with so many fantastic players is stealing those players from their countries. Next is Embiid.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#151 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Sep 5, 2023 7:02 pm

Archx wrote:

Unfortunately Tonut,Fontecchio and Spissu missed a lot of wide 3s... But i think our problem today was the defense, Italy can't allow 100 points and wins a game.

Yes Banchero chose USA over Italy and he had some unlucky statements :lol:
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,925

Post#152 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Sep 5, 2023 7:21 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Unfortunately Tonut,Fontecchio and Spissu missed a lot of wide 3s... But i think our problem today was the defense, Italy can't allow 100 points and wins a game.

Yes Banchero chose USA over Italy and he had some unlucky statements :lol:

Unfortunate choice of his, could have been a hero and star for Italy for the next decade or another random forgettable player for team USA.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#153 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 9:29 am

What a first half by the laser... 14p with 4/5 from 3.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#154 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 10:33 am

The Laser missed the buzzer for the W... BTW great game by Latvia.

Schroeder unwatchable.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,925

Post#155 » by dirkules_41 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 10:52 am

Good win, the Wagners are really underrated. The last few minutes reminded me of Luka ISO hero ball just with Schroeder running it.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#156 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 12:10 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:Good win, the Wagners are really underrated. The last few minutes reminded me of Luka ISO hero ball just with Schroeder running it.

Franz and Mo are very good basketball players...
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#157 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Sep 6, 2023 1:22 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:Good win, the Wagners are really underrated. The last few minutes reminded me of Luka ISO hero ball just with Schroeder running it.

Franz and Mo are very good basketball players...

Franz is good(great) ,Mo is still in the NBA cause he's Franz's brother :lol:
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#158 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Sep 6, 2023 1:45 pm

Canada's getting a lot of soft calls...but yeah,as Long as the three is falling we're competitive ,otherwose we're Just too small(no inside game whatsoever)
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,184

Post#159 » by GermanFan120 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 2:09 pm

Luka and his whining has not changed. :noway:
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#160 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Sep 6, 2023 2:10 pm

I told you, Canada is too good and Deep for Slovenia.

Return to Dallas Mavericks