Dallas Mavericks 2023/24 Trade thread

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,036

Re: Dallas Mavericks 2023/24 Trade thread 

Post#1961 » by tleikheen » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:17 am

tleikheen wrote:
Right now Lively is in a great spot .I think Gafford will start because comments here suggest there getting the Washington Wizards version (11pts/8r rpg) of Gafford BUT we're going to see the Luka Doncic version of Gafford. In his 1st 3 games playing w/Luka , Gafford is avg 15 ppg and 12 rpg in 20.3 mpg . Thats more than Lively's 9 ppg /8rpg in 26 mpg

Gafford is the best rebounder on the team, but Lively is the best defender. Just look at the spurs game, Gafford was getting cooked by Wemby but Lively shut him down and then Kidd made a good defensive adjustment to put PJ on him. They have a lot of overlap in skill set and should share the time fairly equally so it doesn’t truly matter who starts. I would also say Lively’s offense is better as well. When Lively is off the minutes restriction I think he should start.
Gafford has been a backup, Lively has earned his starting spot,
I think for the sake of ego’s and confidence it might be best to not shake up the status quo.

This is a pantently false statement ,the last 2 1/2 seasons Gafford has started 145 games.
Gafford's ceiling is higher than Livelys this year ,He has more experience and he isn't a skinny kid out there . Gafford starting protects Lively against Centers he can't handle right now. Playing behind Gaff frees Lively of the pressure of having bad games that lead to Mavs losses. He can still play half the game and play alot freer without worrying about fouls and chase blocks at the rim. It's a good situation for him.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 860

Post#1962 » by Teffer10 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:03 am

Starting center spot shouldn't matter unless Kidd fully loses his mind and puts Powell in that spot.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 860

Post#1963 » by Teffer10 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:17 am

Anybody else still scratching their head wondering why OKC helped us get Gafford and then they signed Bismack Biyombo?
Someone please explain the logic.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,995

Post#1964 » by Mavrelous » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:11 am

Teffer10 wrote:Anybody else still scratching their head wondering why OKC helped us get Gafford and then they signed Bismack Biyombo?

They want cap space next year, that's clearly their plan, they have max slot now, though I'm not sure who they are targeting TBH, Claxton doesn't need max slot, maybe they are preparing max offer for OG or Siakam.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Oscar9992
Analyst
And1: 2,970

Post#1965 » by Oscar9992 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:09 pm

Nikola Jokic: "I don’t want to leave Denver... If Luka gets pissed off in Dallas, he can come"

Read on Twitter
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,244

Post#1966 » by BeiBeau » Tue Feb 20, 2024 2:01 pm

tleikheen wrote:
tleikheen wrote:
Right now Lively is in a great spot .I think Gafford will start because comments here suggest there getting the Washington Wizards version (11pts/8r rpg) of Gafford BUT we're going to see the Luka Doncic version of Gafford. In his 1st 3 games playing w/Luka , Gafford is avg 15 ppg and 12 rpg in 20.3 mpg . Thats more than Lively's 9 ppg /8rpg in 26 mpg

Gafford is the best rebounder on the team, but Lively is the best defender. Just look at the spurs game, Gafford was getting cooked by Wemby but Lively shut him down and then Kidd made a good defensive adjustment to put PJ on him. They have a lot of overlap in skill set and should share the time fairly equally so it doesn’t truly matter who starts. I would also say Lively’s offense is better as well. When Lively is off the minutes restriction I think he should start.
I think for the sake of ego’s and confidence it might be best to not shake up the status quo.

This is a pantently false statement ,the last 2 1/2 seasons Gafford has started 145 games.
Gafford's ceiling is higher than Livelys this year ,He has more experience and he isn't a skinny kid out there . Gafford starting protects Lively against Centers he can't handle right now. Playing behind Gaff frees Lively of the pressure of having bad games that lead to Mavs losses. He can still play half the game and play alot freer without worrying about fouls and chase blocks at the rim. It's a good situation for him.

Dude, how the **** can you still not figure out how to quote people? It’s literally not that hard, what is so difficult about it for you?

By “has been a backup” I’m saying he has player a backup role before in his career. Lively is 20 and so far this season has been the savior of this team. It’s may not cause issues if he backs up Gafford or it could hurt his pride. If they’re both playing 50/50 why change stuff just to change stuff?

Gafford is stronger and a better rebounder. But Lively is the better defender. Yeah Gafford can protect lively, but so far in the 1 game we’ve seen both of them play, Lively and PJ protected Gafford. Wemby was absolutely destroying Gafford, and before Kidd put PJ on him in the 3rd to slow him down. It was lively who shut down Wemby.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#1967 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:57 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
tleikheen wrote:
tleikheen wrote:

Gafford is the best rebounder on the team, but Lively is the best defender. Just look at the spurs game, Gafford was getting cooked by Wemby but Lively shut him down and then Kidd made a good defensive adjustment to put PJ on him. They have a lot of overlap in skill set and should share the time fairly equally so it doesn’t truly matter who starts. I would also say Lively’s offense is better as well. When Lively is off the minutes restriction I think he should start. I think for the sake of ego’s and confidence it might be best to not shake up the status quo.

Dude, how the **** can you still not figure out how to quote people? It’s literally not that hard, what is so difficult about it for you?

By “has been a backup” I’m saying he has player a backup role before in his career. Lively is 20 and so far this season has been the savior of this team. It’s may not cause issues if he backs up Gafford or it could hurt his pride. If they’re both playing 50/50 why change stuff just to change stuff?

Gafford is stronger and a better rebounder. But Lively is the better defender. Yeah Gafford can protect lively, but so far in the 1 game we’ve seen both of them play, Lively and PJ protected Gafford. Wemby was absolutely destroying Gafford, and before Kidd put PJ on him in the 3rd to slow him down. It was lively who shut down Wemby.

Tleikheen spent more minutes deleting the authors of the messages in recent months than Exum on the court :lol: :lol: :lol:
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,225

Post#1968 » by Archx » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:11 pm

BeiBeau wrote:Dude, how the **** can you still not figure out how to quote people? It’s literally not that hard, what is so difficult about it for you?

You can see he clearly knows how to quote but he goes through all the trouble to always delete people's names instead of just leaving them in. I don't know if he's afraid that someone will be offended or it's simply his shtick. Either way, it's annoying because person who he quoted didn't even know and can't properly respond.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,863

Post#1969 » by dirkforpres » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:52 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:Anybody else still scratching their head wondering why OKC helped us get Gafford and then they signed Bismack Biyombo?

They want cap space next year, that's clearly their plan, they have max slot now, though I'm not sure who they are targeting TBH, Claxton doesn't need max slot, maybe they are preparing max offer for OG or Siakam.

They're going to go after Lebron. They have plenty of picks to select Bronny with and plenty of money to pay LBJ if/when he opts out. Even if they wanted to work a S&T, they could send Giddey or Dort to LA with a plethora of picks
FIRE JASON KIDD
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1970 » by Mavrelous » Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:54 pm

dirkforpres wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

They're going to go after Lebron. They have plenty of picks to select Bronny with and plenty of money to pay LBJ if/when he opts out. Even if they wanted to work a S&T, they could send Giddey or Dort to LA with a plethora of picks

That's very interesting, OKC may not be attractive market, but it's a great shot at a ring, and he needs to play like 25 RS games there and he's gusranteed PO spot.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,863

Post#1971 » by dirkforpres » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:05 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
dirkforpres wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:They want cap space next year, that's clearly their plan, they have max slot now, though I'm not sure who they are targeting TBH, Claxton doesn't need max slot, maybe they are preparing max offer for OG or Siakam.

That's very interesting, OKC may not be attractive market, but it's a great shot at a ring, and he needs to play like 25 RS games there and he's gusranteed PO spot.

I thought it was worth noting that he said some nice things about Shai's MVP campaign over the weekend, and it just seems like the typical Lebron move to go to a team with a young core and plenty of picks that he will stronghand Presti into flipping into win-now pieces.
FIRE JASON KIDD
tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,036

Post#1972 » by tleikheen » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:37 pm

The idiots here are the ones who get personal instead of talk basketball .probably little guys talking big is all i can see ,I dont intentionally delete anybodys name .That's a lack of intelligence if you cant recognize your OWN POST.

If you dont' agree with whats said talk basketball instead of puffing your chest like a big guy. It shows your small . I dont have to talk big ,I am big but like to talk basketball. This forum always gets personal .Way different than Mavs Reddit and Mavs Nation.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#1973 » by BeiBeau » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:49 pm

Archx wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:Dude, how the **** can you still not figure out how to quote people? It’s literally not that hard, what is so difficult about it for you?

You can see he clearly knows how to quote but he goes through all the trouble to always delete people's names instead of just leaving them in. I don't know if he's afraid that someone will be offended or it's simply his shtick. Either way, it's annoying because person who he quoted didn't even know and can't properly respond.

It’d be more fun if he went back to his old shtick and kept spamming this board with his obsession for Kyle Kuzma. That his goat bro.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#1974 » by BeiBeau » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:57 pm

tleikheen wrote:The idiots here are the ones who get personal instead of talk basketball .probably little guys talking big is all i can see ,I dont intentionally delete anybodys name .That's a lack of intelligence if you cant recognize your OWN POST.

If you dont' agree with whats said talk basketball instead of puffing your chest like a big guy. It shows your small . I dont have to talk big ,I am big but like to talk basketball. This forum always gets personal .Way different than Mavs Reddit and Mavs Nation.

Me being flabbergasted that after 14 years you can’t figure out how to quote someone properly isn’t getting personal, it’s just you getting sensitive. I responded point by point about the basketball.

The reason that everyone hates that you haven’t figured out how to quote us properly isn’t that we can’t recognize our own post. It’s because none of us want to scroll back through the pages to reply. When you quote correctly it creates a notification to click on. When you delete the name it doesn’t.

Not trying to backseat mod but intentionally **** up the quote button on every post definitely needs to be added to the rules.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,225

Post#1975 » by Archx » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:09 am

tleikheen wrote:The idiots here are the ones who get personal instead of talk basketball .probably little guys talking big is all i can see ,I dont intentionally delete anybodys name .That's a lack of intelligence if you cant recognize your OWN POST.

No one personally attacked you but it's basically how forums work. ALL FORUMS if i may add.

How can person X see that YOU quoted this person X and responded to him/her, if there are 100's or... even 1000's of posts that are posted daily in various threads. How can ANYONE even know that YOU responded and quoted this person X?

Do you really think anyone here has a time or willingness to go back and forth looking for his own posts in various threads just to see if YOU responded? Do you even know how, if i dare to say, insulting this is?

And then, instead of recognizing your own mistake, you come back with "you guys are idiots and i don't deserve personal attacks".

No one "attacked" you but we repeatedly ASKED you to simply go by written/unwritten forum rules and if you quote someone, you leave his name in the quote so that WHOEVER you quoted can see that and maybe get back to you. There is a notification that people see if someone quotes them but if you delete his/her name, that person won't see the notification and won't be able to even see your post. That's all there is to it.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,102

Post#1976 » by daoneandonly » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:22 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
tleikheen wrote:

Tleikheen spent more minutes deleting the authors of the messages in recent months than Exum on the court :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ha unfortunately thats not saying much. Michael Jordan and I spend more time combing our hair than Exum has playing NBA minutes
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#1977 » by BeiBeau » Wed Feb 21, 2024 3:51 am

daoneandonly wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Ha unfortunately thats not saying much. Michael Jordan and I spend more time combing our hair than Exum has playing NBA minutes

I’m assuming that you like MJ are bald which makes the joke funnier.

But Exum is a 4 million dollar gamble that so far has paid off well. Idgaf if he is healthy for the RS, let him sit until the playoffs for all I really care.

After all, we have Josh Green out there :D :D :D
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#1978 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:47 am

BeiBeau wrote:
Archx wrote:

It’d be more fun if he went back to his old shtick and kept spamming this board with his obsession for Kyle Kuzma. That his goat bro.

You are forgetting Bol Bol, the answer of all our problems :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#1979 » by Mavrelous » Wed Feb 21, 2024 7:13 am

Let's get back on topic and not mock each other...

Return to Dallas Mavericks