Around the league -- Mavs board edition

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,260

Re: Around the league -- Mavs board edition 

Post#21 » by BeiBeau » Wed Nov 1, 2023 6:16 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Spurs are no push overs, just beat the Suns in PHX.

Suns without Booker and Beal and with crazy ending. ;)

Yeah but this is the same flaw that these types of teams always run into. They’re so reliant on 3 guys all of whom are no iron men and now are gonna get hurt in the RS. If they get lucky for the playoffs and don’t get hurt they could make some noise. But that’s if they even make it there while being completely reliant on a 35 year old KD with injury problems.

It’s the same reason I originally defended Powell back in the day. He helps win RS games and that **** really matters.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,024

Post#22 » by Mavrelous » Thu Nov 2, 2023 10:54 am

1st in the west baby!
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#23 » by BeiBeau » Thu Nov 2, 2023 12:59 pm

Mavrelous wrote:1st in the west baby!

If we beat Denver I’m gonna lose my **** ****. I’ll be the most obnoxious person ever.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#24 » by Mavrelous » Fri Nov 3, 2023 12:30 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Same team beat a healthy Jazz team on Sunday...

Jazz on back2back. ;) Suns traded more or less everything for having the big 3.

Well...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,693

Post#25 » by Bob8 » Fri Nov 3, 2023 1:47 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Same team beat a healthy Jazz team on Sunday...

Well...

Well what? Suns did exactly the same what Nets did before. Bet everything on big 3, and not having much else. They will probably look very good, when all 3 will be playing, but it's very questionable, how many games will they play together.

Trading Ayton for Nurkic might be their biggest mistake. Nurkic can't guard anyone. Suns are like Mavs were last few years in the paint. Freeway in the paint and opponents shooting near 50% for 3 won't win you many games.

Pop might still be the best coach in Nba. Everyone is doing exactly, what he wants from them. Those players with some different coach would look much worse.

Saying all that, it's only the beginning of the season, everything can look very different very soon.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#26 » by Mavrelous » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:01 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Well...

Well what? Suns did exactly the same what Nets did before. Bet everything on big 3, and not having much else. They will probably look very good, when all 3 will be playing, but it's very questionable, how many games will they play together.

Trading Ayton for Nurkic might be their biggest mistake. Nurkic can't guard anyone. Suns are like Mavs were last few years in the paint. Freeway in the paint and opponents shooting near 50% for 3 won't win you many games.

Pop might still be the best coach in Nba. Everyone is doing exactly, what he wants from them. Those players with some different coach would look much worse.

Saying all that, it's only the beginning of the season, everything can look very different very soon.

This is how the conversation started...
Bob8 wrote:

Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,693

Post#27 » by Bob8 » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:27 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Well...

This is how the conversation started...
Bob8 wrote:

And Suns are still without Beal and unlike against Mavs Spurs had fantastic 3pts % for their standards and Wemby played great. There're pretty great odds for Spurs making playoffs, so if you believe they're really good, you should grab the opportunity for easy money.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#28 » by Mavrelous » Fri Nov 3, 2023 2:35 pm

Bob8 wrote:
And Suns are still without Beal and unlike against Mavs Spurs had fantastic 3pts % for their standards and Wemby played great. There're pretty great odds for Spurs making playoffs, so if you believe they're really good, you should grab the opportunity for easy money.

I don't gamble, but I do think they are good, I'm not sure they'll make the PO...
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#29 » by BeiBeau » Fri Nov 3, 2023 8:19 pm

I think the Suns are gonna struggle for a playoff spot. Bad defense, weak depth, injuries to their 3 stars is gonna hurt. Sure if Booker, Beal, and Durant click in the playoffs they can be a threat. But I think ignoring the RS has hurt teams in the past and is gonna hurt them.
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 919

Post#30 » by kacey ring » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:46 am

I like the idea of the in-season tournament, but the court designs are a bit tacky. Hoping its a one year thing.

Nowhere near the same, but makes me think of when the NBA tried the short sleeve jerseys.
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 919

Post#31 » by kacey ring » Sat Nov 4, 2023 2:14 am

Brunson popping off tonight!
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,871

Post#32 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 9:42 am

Lillard is one of the worst defender in the world , Irving in confronto is a lock down defender.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#33 » by Mavrelous » Sat Nov 4, 2023 9:59 am

Knicks should've moved on from Julius Randle, he's their THJ...
Decipher
Rookie
And1: 995

Post#34 » by Decipher » Sat Nov 4, 2023 10:26 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Lillard is one of the worst defender in the world , Irving in confronto is a lock down defender.

Kyrie actually tries most of the time

I am a Nets fan and have absolutely no issue with him on that end
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 10:09 am

Another knee surgery for TimeLord. I think he is done.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#36 » by Mavrelous » Tue Nov 7, 2023 10:23 am

Rockets are gelling, Mavs play them 4 times...
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:59 am

Clips have Zubac and Plumlee, with Mason went down now they are interested in Theis.

We love our guys in blue.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,930

Post#38 » by dirkules_41 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:35 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Clips have Zubac and Plumlee, with Mason went down now they are interested in Theis.

We should definitely enquire about Theis if he can be had for cheap. Was great on the German NT this summer and plays tough and actually knows what a rebound is.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:50 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Clips have Zubac and Plumlee, with Mason went down now they are interested in Theis.

We should definitely enquire about Theis if he can be had for cheap. Was great on the German NT this summer and plays tough and actually knows what a rebound is.

I don't think he would like to be the Powell backup... But maybe i'm wrong.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,616

Post#40 » by Maverick41 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:02 am

Mavrelous wrote:Rockets are gelling, Mavs play them 4 times...

Yup they look pretty solid. Not sure they're a playoff team in the WC, but they definitely are no longer pushovers and will give teams fits on any given night.

I remember a time where many on this board didn't want Dillon Brooks for even the BAE or vet min. He's now averaging 15 and 5 on 57/54/94 shooting splits. Oh and his former team desperately misses him.

Return to Dallas Mavericks