ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Bucks (Sat., 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

RicSwish
Ballboy
And1: 7

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Bucks (Sat., 830PMEST) 

Post#21 » by RicSwish » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:25 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
Archx wrote:
leolozon wrote:What? Trading for an injury prone head-case who barely proved he can affect winning and who plays mostly offense was a mistake? Who could have known?

Went from Brunson and KP to Kyrie.

Can't believe i actually miss Dinwiddie :lol: At least he played.

Can't help but think we'd be much better with him and DFS than we are now.
And, we'd still have our pick.

That trade never made sense to me.

I agree. The problem here was that the FO was under extreme pressure to get Luka some help and panicked. The narrative every year is that Luka has no help (still valid nowadays nevertheless) and the FO took a gamble on a supposedly superstar.

Now, it's always a struggle to get All Stars, Super Stars, Free Agent to Dallas. We are not a big Free agent destination, so they went with Kyrie. The question here is that this isn't Cavs Kyrie. That Kyrie was definitely a super star. Kyrie got old, became injury prone, had horrible stints in Boston and Brooklyn. He couldn't mentor the Jays in Boston, his performances were trash, specially in the PO against the Bucks. Then there were lock room problems in Brooklyn because of you know what and Harden wanted out. My opinion is that Kyrie nowadays isn't completely focused on BBall and creates too many distractions. Tbf he seems more focused and professional in Dallas after the bad publicity in the two last ball clubs but he's out injured most of the times.

How does help Dallas and our Super Star? It doesn't. Luka continues to be overplayed and the extreme wear and tear of his body continues. This can lead to frustration and him eventually wanting to move on. I don't think the FO understands the importance of the next years. I'm afraid that we can lose him if Dallas FO and Management doesn't get their act right. Now I'm first and foremost a Dallas fan. The only player that I really idolized was Dirk. He gave us the chip and Post season Bball most of the time. Ofc I defend Luka because he's our main player and future but if we lose him, we will be back to square one. And I really doubt FO ability to pull another generational player in the draft.

We need to trade the perpetual injured and junk that we have. Does the FO have the ability and nous to pull of decent trades? I highly doubt it but we can't continue like this. We have to do something or we risk jeopardizing our future and lose our Superstar.
joesha1698
Senior
And1: 125

Post#22 » by joesha1698 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:27 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:If Luka plays against the Bucks. We will win this game. Giannis will get his 50 points though...

I donno. The Bucks have lost two and will be looking to turn things around. Even with Luka, this could be a tough one.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#23 » by Bob8 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 5:34 pm

joesha1698 wrote:Ky's injuries have given us Luka 73 pt performance....not sure if we would have ever seen that if Kyrie played. It will also (hopefully) force the Mavs front office to be aggressive and improve the team. Might be a blessing in disguise. Just saying. We'll see. I'm going to support Kyrie regardless of how much hate he gets on this board because I haven't heard anything from the Mavs about him not being really being hurt. So, the way I see it, you guys are just hating on a injured player and that's corny.

He might be injured, but he definitely is taking a lot of time to return every time. I kinda doubt that's only bad luck with injuries. His motivation to play is very questionable at best for few years now.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#24 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 7:23 pm

Bob8 wrote:
joesha1698 wrote:Ky's injuries have given us Luka 73 pt performance....not sure if we would have ever seen that if Kyrie played. It will also (hopefully) force the Mavs front office to be aggressive and improve the team. Might be a blessing in disguise. Just saying. We'll see. I'm going to support Kyrie regardless of how much hate he gets on this board because I haven't heard anything from the Mavs about him not being really being hurt. So, the way I see it, you guys are just hating on a injured player and that's corny.

He might be injured, but he definitely is taking a lot of time to return every time. I kinda doubt that's only bad luck with injuries. His motivation to play is very questionable at best for few years now.

If you are right, we are done.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#25 » by BliscoSantos » Sat Feb 3, 2024 7:57 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I think everybody is taking a more cautious aproach with Kyrie because they know the most important part of the season is still to come
Listen, we're all frustrated with the injuries(him missing that many games) but you're gonna need him in the playoffs,when you get there...Mavs are gonna be underdogs no matter on which position they finish...the roster is simply too bad...the SF and PF position are terrible and you have no backup C...I think they know the team isn't that good and that's why they're taking a more cautious aproach with Kai and everybody else(Exum for example)
Let's make an assumption that this team was healthy...are they contenders??no, they're not,too many holes in the roster...yeah they could catch fire,get to the second round of the playoffs,maybe WCF(like that season) ,but would anybody really think they are close to winning...I don't think so...they made a mistake ,fooled themselves into thinking they're a piece or two away from contending...they have to be patient,not overpay on the market,see what they have in the young players and try to get some real upgrades in the offseason
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#26 » by Bob8 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 9:35 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I think everybody is taking a more cautious aproach with Kyrie because they know the most important part of the season is still to come
Listen, we're all frustrated with the injuries(him missing that many games) but you're gonna need him in the playoffs,when you get there...Mavs are gonna be underdogs no matter on which position they finish...the roster is simply too bad...the SF and PF position are terrible and you have no backup C...I think they know the team isn't that good and that's why they're taking a more cautious aproach with Kai and everybody else(Exum for example)
Let's make an assumption that this team was healthy...are they contenders??no, they're not,too many holes in the roster...yeah they could catch fire,get to the second round of the playoffs,maybe WCF(like that season) ,but would anybody really think they are close to winning...I don't think so...they made a mistake ,fooled themselves into thinking they're a piece or two away from contending...they have to be patient,not overpay on the market,see what they have in the young players and try to get some real upgrades in the offseason

If Kyrie doesn't start playing, Mavs won't make playoffs.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#27 » by BliscoSantos » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:27 pm

Bob8 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

If Kyrie doesn't start playing, Mavs won't make playoffs.

Yes but what's the difference if they do, they're most likely a first round exit...so what's the big difference...Without significant changes this team isn't built to go deep in the playoffs
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#28 » by ejs78 » Sat Feb 3, 2024 11:35 pm

No Lopez for the Bucks

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
joesha1698
Senior

Post#29 » by joesha1698 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:27 am

I think the Mavs are right on target. Fans on this board are overacting. Kyrie has 1 more year before his opt in year 25-26 and we should be able to really solidify this team by next year. Think about it , are we really suppose to be competing for a championship with no big or defense when we got Kyrie last year? Are we really suppose to win it all with Lively (19 years old , still light in the backside) and still with issues at our 3 and 4 - and with under performing players....

This was always a 3-4 year process with the addition of Kyrie. We're making good headway. The way THJ and R. Holmes are expiring next year puts us in position to really build a more complete team next year. Obviously, I want to see this team get better asap but we have to be realistic and enjoy the ride. There are many years of Luka after the Kyrie experience is over. Personally, I think they have a great chance to win a ring by next year if the Mavs stick to their plan and improve the rosters w/o making rash decisions. I think Kyrie opts in if they win a ring next year unless some team makes him an insane offer.
joesha1698
Senior

Post#30 » by joesha1698 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:38 am

And I know people do not want to hear this but missing the playoffs last year probably just saved Luka and Kyrie some serious mileage on their legs. And people on here who do not think Kyrie was a good pickup - aren't considering how hard it is to get this level of talent to the Mavs. Jalen Brunson was gone. We got Kyrie for two role players (essentially) and a first round draft pick. That's a steal for a Kyrie Irving. Shoot, that's steal for any allstar level guard. That gives us the ability to go out and add more players to this roster to build a championship team. We should have a great chance to win it all by next year or the year after. That's a realistic expectation when you consider who we were as a team when we traded for Kyrie. The team as currently constructed was not about to win it all and no team in the league would have given us a talent like Kyrie for what Mark Cuban got him for. That was a steal because Kyrie was a distressed asset at the time.
joesha1698
Senior

Post#31 » by joesha1698 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:42 am

I do not expect the Mavs to win this game but if they do, I'll take it, of course.
joesha1698
Senior

Post#32 » by joesha1698 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:45 am

Keilber is gonna get that shot all night. (i know i mispelled his name)
joesha1698
Senior

Post#33 » by joesha1698 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:48 am

The Bucks are playing a lot more physical and you tell its because they lost the last 2 and got a new coach. So far its causing them a lot of fouls.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:53 am

Looks like Luka is done for this game :banghead:
joesha1698
Senior

Post#35 » by joesha1698 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:53 am

What did I tell people about playing through all those "hurts" will lead to injuries? I told you so. Luka's down. Let's hope its not serious. You keep playing hurt and you will end up with a serious injury.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,226

Post#36 » by Archx » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:56 am

Mavs are cursed with injuries, no other way to say it. Absolutely incredible how many players get hurt all the time.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#37 » by ejs78 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:56 am

Fun never ends this year

joesha1698
Senior

Post#38 » by joesha1698 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 1:59 am

I love the way Hardy is playing. He's learning alot from Kyrie how to get his shot at different areas of the court.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by ejs78 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 2:00 am

Phew Luka is back

joesha1698
Senior

Post#40 » by joesha1698 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 2:00 am

Green makes an idiotic pass at least once a game. He stills to relax and let develop more mental tougness.

Return to Dallas Mavericks