ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Pacers (Sund., 5PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,613

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Pacers (Sund., 5PMEST) 

Post#21 » by Maverick41 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:49 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:Kidd needs to stop letting Josh bring the ball up...Green has some of the worst handles,for a Guy his size, in the league

The one Kidd needs to stop letting bring the ball up is THJ. Heck, THJ should not be allowed to dribble at all. Green's handles are vastly superior to THJs.

Green can't drible with his left hand(he used his right hand) and panics when the D is agressive and are doubling....same with most guys...when they're doubling ,one of Luka and Kai needs to bring the ball up

I don't disagree. All I'm saying is that he dribbles better then THJ. THJ can't dribble with either hand.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#22 » by ejs78 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:55 pm

Irving time & PJ has to start making those 3s

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#23 » by Maverick41 » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:55 pm

When Kyrie gets on these rolls, the guy is absolutely electric. Just an all time amazing offensive repertoire.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#24 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Feb 25, 2024 11:57 pm

Maverick41 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:The one Kidd needs to stop letting bring the ball up is THJ. Heck, THJ should not be allowed to dribble at all. Green's handles are vastly superior to THJs.

Green can't drible with his left hand(he used his right hand) and panics when the D is agressive and are doubling....same with most guys...when they're doubling ,one of Luka and Kai needs to bring the ball up

I don't disagree. All I'm saying is that he dribbles better then THJ. THJ can't dribble with either hand.

I dissagree :roll: ... Timmy's handles are better, it's Just his decision making that's bad...he only sees the basket and isn't a great passer
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,000

Post#25 » by Mavrelous » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:08 am

Yeah, this one's over, much needed loss to bring everyone down to earth.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#26 » by ejs78 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:09 am

Suns won

Bulls @ Pels
Clips @ Kings

BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#27 » by BliscoSantos » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:11 am

This game looks like it's over...some sloppy plays(turnovers) ,bad D ,and the fact that basicaly everybody (apart from stretches) weren't up to their standard

Just one of those games when nobody looked good ..Luka had some nice moments,same Kyrie,but even those two had some bad moments...PJ looked really bad this game...his D is solid but on O he looks totaly without confidence,kind of like Josh used to Look like for the first three months

Need to forget and move on...Focus on the next game
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#28 » by Maverick41 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:38 am

The excessive Maxi minutes is concerning. Center is supposed to be a strength of ours but it's not a strength if Maxi is playing the amount of minutes he has in the last few games. No reason why he should have more minutes then both Lively and Gafford.

Also Kidd was completely out-classed as a coach by Rick today.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#29 » by Mavrelous » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:54 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,152

Post#30 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:55 am

Good game plan by Carlisle. Kinda slowed down and tired out Luka without bringing much double teams. Kyrie wasn't a problem until 4th quarter for them. Mavs were kinda sleepy. Honestly, it felt like an outlier game for M.Turner as he was like prime Lamarcus Aldridge/A.Davis hybrid with great shooting, hard to stop pick and pop plays with 5 out Carlisle offense with great ball movement.

In the 4th quarter, Kyrie started pretty good, and punished their rotation player McDermott. We had a nice run and cut their lead to 4. During that first 4-5 minutes of the last quarter, PJ Washington basically gave the game back to Indiana.
- He skipped 4 open corner 3pt shots. He made turnovers for two of those.
- He also gave a lazy pass to Green during a fastbreak as well.
Mavs could've easily gain the lead but after that stretch and Kyrie eventually missing two shots, the game gone back to 10+ difference. Mavs were not able to stop Pacers. I think PJ Washington is so used to play in meaningless minutes than clutch ones. I am hopeful he'll adjust.

What can I say, Carlisle is an elite coach. He made a really good offensive team with Pacers. Refs also kinda help them with easy calls in Indiana which makes defenses to let them loose. In general, if Turner plays like that, and you have players like PJ, THJ dropping the ball, its inevitable to lose a game at Indiana. I think they have a good roster and coach. Dont trust Siakam-Turner to make shots regularly, or in playoffs but when they play good, its a tough team to beat at home.

So I am not mad at the team or coach. Let's focus on the next two. If we can get two wins from B2B, we'll be back on track!
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#31 » by Mavrelous » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:55 am

The insistance on THJ and Maxi is becoming a pattern and it lost the Mavs the game today.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,152

Post#32 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:02 am

Mavrelous wrote:The insistance on THJ and Maxi is becoming a pattern and it lost the Mavs the game today.

THJ has this weird thing that he becomes less efficient if he doesn't play enough minutes. He played 23 minutes with Hardy playing 8. Giving more Hardy minutes could've been better outcome. Kinda wish Dinwiddie signed with us. This would be a game that he'd create a difference in those bench minutes.

Lively only played 14 minutes, and he's leading the team on +/- with +9. He should get more minutes, for sure. Playing more Maxi and THJ is usually the playbook for Kidd when the offense gets stagnant. I think Carlisle was more skillful to find different ways to spark the offense.

PJ Washington 31 minutes and 2 points. 1/6 from the floor and skipping 4 corner threes in the last quarter. Well, there'd be some nights like this where people would wish we got Kuzma instead of him. Still, its too early to judge. Let him adjust.
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#33 » by Maverick41 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:23 am

Mavrelous wrote:The insistance on THJ and Maxi is becoming a pattern and it lost the Mavs the game today.

Yup. Kidd's insistence on playing these guys big minutes is a problem.

My hope is that when Exum returns, THJ's mins reduce and he turns more into an Isaiah Joe/Duncan Robinson type role. Imo that's the role he should be playing. Anytime he playmakes, it's a bad shot or turnover just waiting to happen.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by BliscoSantos » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:56 am

Kyrie brought Mavs back into the game and then everything just went to hell....Kidd got outcoached ...this game is just another proof he's not a very good coach...he doesn't adjust well...he has his patterns/lineups stuck in his brain and he just sticks with them...PJ shouldn't have played this many minutes,neither should Timmy....Maxi should have spent more minutes next to Gafford or Lively,not as their replacement...Hardy should have gotten some of Timmy's minutes... he's playing with the lineups,waiting for players to find their game,whichthey rarely do....if someone is playing bad ,bench him...stop waiting for them to wake up...they should earn their minutes based on play,not past seasons...Rick gave minutes to a rookie that was picked after Omax in draft ,yet Omax can't get minutes against terrible teams(unless it's a blowout...game already over)
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#35 » by ejs78 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:11 am

DDR with a big 3

Bulls up 5 on Pels with 30 sec left

Mavs--L
Suns-W
Laker-L
Pels-L now
Warriors- L
Kings-????

Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,226

Post#36 » by Archx » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:21 am

Anyone see a pattern here? Because Kidd sure doesn't.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#37 » by Maverick41 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 4:37 am

Archx wrote:Anyone see a pattern here? Because Kidd sure doesn't.

Those stats are seriously alarming. Kidd needs to have a discussion with him and simplify his role into more off-ball and less on-ball. If he's not willing, there's at least 4 guys that I'd be happy to take his minutes: Green, Hardy, DJJ, Exum.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#38 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:29 am

Maverick41 wrote:

Those stats are seriously alarming. Kidd needs to have a discussion with him and simplify his role into more off-ball and less on-ball. If he's not willing, there's at least 4 guys that I'd be happy to take his minutes: Green, Hardy, DJJ, Exum.

Kidd is in a very bad situation, the next head to blow out will be his... OMG what a horrendous lineups, he falling in love with Kleber just like he was with Powell.
PJ can't shoot, it's a problem.
THJ is a low BBIQ player, without a coach he is a problem too.

Good 3quarters by Luka, bad fourth.
Kyrie good overall game as usual.

We missed the supporting cast this game when Turner scored season high in 2 and a half quarters and some role players had career highs :lol:

But after 7straight W a L it's not the end of the world, Pacers are solid at home.

We need to avoid slow starts and that's on the coach so no more faith honestly :lol:
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:31 am

Maverick41 wrote:

THJ has just to shoot the ball. No dribble. No pass. No play p&r. Nothing.

If his shoots don't fall bury him on the bench for the game. We are in 2024 and i can't believe that a coach doesn't know how to use mister Tim Hardaway Junior.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#40 » by 41Dirk41 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 5:36 am

ejs78 wrote:Really struggling getting the ball over half court

Yes , we desperately need Exum or another ballhandler... Green, PJ and THJ can't do this.

Return to Dallas Mavericks