ImageImageImage

FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 – (Aug. 25 - Sept. 10)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Re: FIBA Basketball World Cup 2023 – (Aug. 25 - Sept. 10) 

Post#221 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:27 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
RS awards are pure trash... 90% of games are scrimmage.

Yeah but even so... 3 blocks all nice and cute but the dude is 6'10 and never averaged more than 6.8 boards and 1.1 steals... that's Dwight Powell levels with elite shotblocking.

He does need to improve on the rebounding end, but that does not determine defensive prowess. Myles TUrner is also a poor rebounder for his size, yet a defensive game changer. Both those guys are solid and we'd be lucky if Lively becomes close to either in terms of skill, hopefulyl he won't have their injury history.

Agree... but i still have not so hype for Lively...
DrPampiloni
Junior
And1: 363

Post#222 » by DrPampiloni » Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:52 pm

I am really sad for Maxi not being part of this amazing German squad. I hope Dennis and him have a long chat and clear the air so that he can make it to the Olympics.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#223 » by Bob8 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 5:56 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:Luka supports the coach, thats's why he is staying...if he wanted him out they'd let him go immediatelly...as for Erjavec,he's not he right man for the presidency... unfourtunately this positions are far too often filled by someone who knows the right People not by the most competent person
Listen,if Luka doesn't change his attitude I really Don't care if he doesn't Play...he's amazing(the Best we ever had) but his on the court attitude is a big problem...he let's the emotions get the Best of him and starts making bad plays...I know the talent level is a big diference from the other Players but basketball isbnot a one Man sport...Just Ask Giannis or Jokic how they've done with Greece and Serbia so far, and they have a he'll of lot better Players then we do

https://www.delo.si/sport/kosarka/vilfan-slovenska-kosarka-se-v-veliki-meri-prezivlja-s-priljubljenostjo-luke-doncica/

You should read this and then talk how you don't care. You might not care, but Slovenian basketball is totally dependent on Luka.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#224 » by BliscoSantos » Fri Sep 15, 2023 6:31 pm

Bob8 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:Luka supports the coach, thats's why he is staying...if he wanted him out they'd let him go immediatelly...as for Erjavec,he's not he right man for the presidency... unfourtunately this positions are far too often filled by someone who knows the right People not by the most competent person
Listen,if Luka doesn't change his attitude I really Don't care if he doesn't Play...he's amazing(the Best we ever had) but his on the court attitude is a big problem...he let's the emotions get the Best of him and starts making bad plays...I know the talent level is a big diference from the other Players but basketball isbnot a one Man sport...Just Ask Giannis or Jokic how they've done with Greece and Serbia so far, and they have a he'll of lot better Players then we do

https://www.delo.si/sport/kosarka/vilfan-slovenska-kosarka-se-v-veliki-meri-prezivlja-s-priljubljenostjo-luke-doncica/

You should read this and then talk how you don't care. You might not care, but Slovenian basketball is totally dependent on Luka.

Well thats's the problem,we're totaly dependent on one Player...that 2017 team that won the EuroBasket wasn't the Best team in Slovenian history by names,but they were the Best by the way they played....everybody knew their role and they had an amazing coach who gave Young players confidence...Nikolić was similar to Samar back then,but he played the last 3 minutes of the final when Goran(cramps) and Luka were out of the game...we won the GOLD in a tight final without our Best two Players playing the last three minutes...now, the coach reliefa on experienced Players instead of giving the chance to Younger...there are some talented Players coming up,but with this coach I doubt they'll get the chance to Play soon...Slovenian basketball federation is milking Luka's popularity by getting lots of recognition,sponsors but they faill to give the team a proper coach who wouldn't be afraid to tell some Players off...no matter how you put it ,Slovenia won't be contending with these veterans or the Young players,but Young players would get some valuable experienced by being included sooner ,rather than later...for example,Čebašek helped win Slovenia EuroBasket(although he played Little, but he played ok cause his Job was hurting the three when open,which is his only Quality) but Ciani should have gotten to WC cause he is a PF and we lacked size...Bine Prepelic played OK when he was forced to play the PF but he lacks the size...Sergej Macura should have been considered at the PF cause he also has size and is athletic...we need to give these two Players a chance sooner rather than later,cause the PF positions I slim pickings.... unfourtunately next year Murić Will probably be back from the injury and these two Will be left out again(cause Cančar is the undisputed starting PF)...we'll delay our rebuild cause the federation wants to qualify for the Olympics
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#225 » by Bob8 » Fri Sep 15, 2023 7:18 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Well thats's the problem,we're totaly dependent on one Player...that 2017 team that won the EuroBasket wasn't the Best team in Slovenian history by names,but they were the Best by the way they played....everybody knew their role and they had an amazing coach who gave Young players confidence...Nikolić was similar to Samar back then,but he played the last 3 minutes of the final when Goran(cramps) and Luka were out of the game...we won the GOLD in a tight final without our Best two Players playing the last three minutes...now, the coach reliefa on experienced Players instead of giving the chance to Younger...there are some talented Players coming up,but with this coach I doubt they'll get the chance to Play soon...Slovenian basketball federation is milking Luka's popularity by getting lots of recognition,sponsors but they faill to give the team a proper coach who wouldn't be afraid to tell some Players off...no matter how you put it ,Slovenia won't be contending with these veterans or the Young players,but Young players would get some valuable experienced by being included sooner ,rather than later...for example,Čebašek helped win Slovenia EuroBasket(although he played Little, but he played ok cause his Job was hurting the three when open,which is his only Quality) but Ciani should have gotten to WC cause he is a PF and we lacked size...Bine Prepelic played OK when he was forced to play the PF but he lacks the size...Sergej Macura should have been considered at the PF cause he also has size and is athletic...we need to give these two Players a chance sooner rather than later,cause the PF positions I slim pickings.... unfourtunately next year Murić Will probably be back from the injury and these two Will be left out again(cause Cančar is the undisputed starting PF)...we'll delay our rebuild cause the federation wants to qualify for the Olympics

Exactly, Slovenian problem isn't Luka's behaviour but laughable president and coaching staff.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#226 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 4:08 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
Franz is good(great) ,Mo is still in the NBA cause he's Franz's brother :lol:

Obviously Franz is better but NBA is full of worse players than Mo... Powell is the first :lol:

I doubt that...if Mo came to Dallas ,Powell would still be infront of him

Tonight 19+5... mostly against him...
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#227 » by 41Dirk41 » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:38 pm

And tonight Mo 27+3 vs Celtics... Do you still think that Powell would be infront of him? :lol:

Return to Dallas Mavericks