Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,019

Re: Around the league -- Mavs board edition 

Post#41 » by Mavrelous » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:07 am

Maverick41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Rockets are gelling, Mavs play them 4 times...

Yup they look pretty solid. Not sure they're a playoff team in the WC, but they definitely are no longer pushovers and will give teams fits on any given night.

I remember a time where many on this board didn't want Dillon Brooks for even the BAE or vet min. He's now averaging 15 and 5 on 57/54/94 shooting splits. Oh and his former team desperately misses him.

I wanted him for the MLE, but didn't exoect him to justify 90/4, looks like Udoka unlocked something with him.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,615

Post#42 » by Maverick41 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:28 am

Mavrelous wrote:I wanted him for the MLE, but didn't exoect him to justify 90/4, looks like Udoka unlocked something with him.

Imo it's not just Udoka since he looked this way in FIBA too. Shot looks clean and has changed his shot selection quite a bit. He put in the work after all the insane hate. Would have been such a good fit here if HOU didn't waltz in with that massive offer.
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 908

Post#43 » by kacey ring » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:08 am

-Rockets on a 6 game winning streak :o
-Twloves also gelling and have a 6W streak.
-Maxey dropping 50! On pace to get a few MVP votes.
-Ausar Thompson has been an impressive rebounder. Crazy athletic.
-GLeague shoutout to Oscar Tshiebwe: 33 points and 23 rebounds in his debut. Found out he was partially blind while in college :lol:
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,250

Post#44 » by BeiBeau » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:25 am

kacey ring wrote:-Rockets on a 6 game winning streak :o
-GLeague shootout to Oscar Tshiebwe: 33 points and 23 rebounds in his debut. Found out he was partially blind while in college :lol:

And most importantly a Suns and Clippers loss. **** them.
kacey ring
Sixth Man

Post#45 » by kacey ring » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:36 am

BeiBeau wrote:
-GLeague shootout to Oscar Tshiebwe: 33 points and 23 rebounds in his debut. Found out he was partially blind while in college :lol:

Yep, Clippers 0-4 with Harden.

He said he needs 10 games to get acquainted. Would so love to see them start 0-10.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#46 » by BeiBeau » Mon Nov 13, 2023 4:37 am

kacey ring wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Yep, Clippers 0-4 with Harden.

He said he needs 10 games to get acquainted. Would so love to see them start 0-10.

If the suns don’t make the playoffs I’m gonna get **** banned from this forum for **** talking suns fans for ever.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,019

Post#47 » by Mavrelous » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:27 am

This league is wild, a true drama filled Telenovela.
2 years ago, Mavs were in the WCF and looked like Luka had the team he needs, only needing a center, only to crash and burn...
1st half of last year, Pelicans looked like top 3 teams in the league and waiting to collect high lottery swap with the Lakers, they miss the PO, Lakers go to the WCF and now people are calling to blow the team up.
I think Pelicans can be great team, they only need a rim protecting mobile center, they were targeting Lively in the draft, had they got him, they would look totally different.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
kacey ring
Sixth Man

Post#48 » by kacey ring » Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:30 pm

Mavrelous wrote:This league is wild, a true drama filled Telenovela.
2 years ago, Mavs were in the WCF and looked like Luka had the team he needs, only needing a center, only to crash and burn...
1st half of last year, Pelicans looked like top 3 teams in the league and waiting to collect high lottery swap with the Lakers, they miss the PO, Lakers go to the WCF and now people are calling to blow the team up.
I think Pelicans can be great team, they only need a rim protecting mobile center, they were targeting Lively in the draft, had they got him, they would look totally different.

Pels need some better luck with health/injuries too.

They definitely have a solid roster. Agreed on the mobile big. They tried with Jaxson Hayes, just not the same IQ guy as Lively.
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#49 » by Maverick41 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 11:31 pm

DFS is shooting 45% from 3 on over 7 attempts per game. Looks like that finger surgery did him wonders. If he's somehow available later in the year, I'd be ecstatic to have him back. That dude should be a Mav.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#50 » by BeiBeau » Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:39 am

Maverick41 wrote:DFS is shooting 45% from 3 on over 7 attempts per game. Looks like that finger surgery did him wonders. If he's somehow available later in the year, I'd be ecstatic to have him back. That dude should be a Mav.

Dallas could use his size and he would only make the chemistry better on this team. No ego, loved by the team and fans. But the price needs to be right.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#51 » by ejs78 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:04 am

BeiBeau wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:DFS is shooting 45% from 3 on over 7 attempts per game. Looks like that finger surgery did him wonders. If he's somehow available later in the year, I'd be ecstatic to have him back. That dude should be a Mav.

Dallas could use his size and he would only make the chemistry better on this team. No ego, loved by the team and fans. But the price needs to be right.

Would love to have DFS back and try to get Sharpe too. I know he's an undersized 5, however he's a wide body who can rebound.

The Nick Richards idea is ahead of Sharpe, but I don't really like the idea of sinking more capital into a guy like Capela now that the season has started. Just get another big who in turn would make Powell even more of a specialized player.
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#52 » by Maverick41 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:32 am

ejs78 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Would love to have DFS back and try to get Sharpe too. I know he's an undersized 5, however he's a wide body who can rebound.

The Nick Richards idea is ahead of Sharpe, but I don't really like the idea of sinking more capital into a guy like Capela now that the season has started. Just get another big who in turn would make Powell even more of a specialized player.

I agree. I think a solid backup to Lively to make Powell more of a 3rd big and energy guy and then using asset(s) to upgrade the wing (especially a bigger wing) is the way to go. Unless the starting big is somehow cheap (ex. salary dump, maybe 1 young guy or multiple SRPs) and still leaving enough assets to acquire a bigger wing.

I'm not sure why either Richards or Sharpe would be available though. Both are cost controlled and solid backups. Not to mention Sharpe being insurance for Claxton, in case he leaves.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#53 » by BeiBeau » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:10 am

Maverick41 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

I agree. I think a solid backup to Lively to make Powell more of a 3rd big and energy guy and then using asset(s) to upgrade the wing (especially a bigger wing) is the way to go. Unless the starting big is somehow cheap (ex. salary dump, maybe 1 young guy or multiple SRPs) and still leaving enough assets to acquire a bigger wing.

I'm not sure why either Richards or Sharpe would be available though. Both are cost controlled and solid backups. Not to mention Sharpe being insurance for Claxton, in case he leaves.

Curry and 2 2nds could get Richards. It opens up 5 million in the cap sheet if the hornets want to have spending money to improve this offseason before they have to really start shelling out money for Williams and Miller in a few years.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#54 » by ejs78 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:15 am

BeiBeau wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:

Curry and 2 2nds could get Richards. It opens up 5 million in the cap sheet if the hornets want to have spending money to improve this offseason before they have to really start shelling out money for Williams and Miller in a few years.

Only issue I could see is the Hornets dont have another center if they did this trade unless they picked up one in another trade.
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#55 » by Maverick41 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:17 am

Bulls are a team I would really pay attention to as sellers. Guys like Caruso, Vucevic, Craig, Drummond, PatWill are all guys that could play meaningful roles on this team.

Craig and Drummond are both very cheap and would help quite a bit with rebounding. For reference, Craig at the wing averages more rebounds then Grant and Powell in 20 mpg. That kind of guy for cheap can help.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#56 » by BeiBeau » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:29 am

Maverick41 wrote:Bulls are a team I would really pay attention to as sellers. Guys like Caruso, Vucevic, Craig, Drummond, PatWill are all guys that could play meaningful roles on this team.

Craig and Drummond are both very cheap and would help quite a bit with rebounding. For reference, Craig at the wing averages more rebounds then Grant and Powell in 20 mpg. That kind of guy for cheap can help.

PatWill’s value is also probably plummeting. He would be insane on this team if he can hit his open shots.
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#57 » by Maverick41 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:36 am

BeiBeau wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:Bulls are a team I would really pay attention to as sellers. Guys like Caruso, Vucevic, Craig, Drummond, PatWill are all guys that could play meaningful roles on this team.

PatWill’s value is also probably plummeting. He would be insane on this team if he can hit his open shots.

Yeah it's plummeted beyond belief. Heck I saw on the Bulls board someone proposing a Killian Hayes swap.

If he can be had for cheap, I'm rolling the dice that he can return to form. He's a been a very good corner shooter and defender in previous years. Those guys do very well here. And Kidd does a good job in instilling confidence in his players.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#58 » by ejs78 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:00 am

BeiBeau wrote:

All about Patrick Williams despite his play and losing his starting role. Guy just reminds of The Claw if you squint really hard lol

I really dislike Drummond from his time in Detroit, but I feel he's been humbled some since he left. Not my first choice but would do it for the right price.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#59 » by BeiBeau » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:12 am

ejs78 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

All about Patrick Williams despite his play and losing his starting role. Guy just reminds of The Claw if you squint really hard lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

I think contracts just don’t match up with him.
Maverick41
Analyst

Post#60 » by Maverick41 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:16 am

Not sexy at all but if we can't do a bigger upgrade, I think the following might work if CHI just wants to sell:

DAL Receives: Drummond + Craig
CHI Receives: Curry + 2 SRPs

I'm sure we want something bigger but those 2 off the bench can actually help and be play a decent amount of minutes. We then can use THJ + Holmes expirings + FRPs for a big upgrade in the offseason.

Return to Dallas Mavericks