ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Clippers (Sat. 10:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,036

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Clippers (Sat. 10:30PMEST) 

Post#41 » by tleikheen » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:33 am

Grant Wms has scored 73 pts in 10 game ,7.3 ppg ........ DJJ has scored 76 pts the last 10 games ,7.6 ppg ......... Josh Green has scored 56 pts the last 10 games ,5.6 ppg .....clearly catch and shoot offense isnt working for the Mavs .This "short" team needs to speed up the pace .
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#42 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:37 am

Probably not the best situation for a good situational C like Powell :lol: :lol: :lol:

Holmes played bad but Powell reached another level in pathetic performances, everytime he touched the floor the Clips made a run.
But Beibau told me that he helps Mavs win games so i'm optimistic.
It was just a bad day for him, he will come back stronger. :nod:

Clips have the best wing in the league probably, they destroyed us.
DJJ was very bad and no helps from the bench (Green a ghost again and Exum can't really shoots)

Kyrie and Luka chemistry improves everygame, great dinamic duo. I'm sorry for the hater, skip to next game. Please.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#43 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:38 am

Teffer10 wrote:I'd complain about not having an adequate frontcourt but I'm tired of sounding like a broken record.
If Cuban and company aren't sick of getting embarrassed by watching his team get brutalized in the paint every night, then why should I give a crap.

Seriously, how reckless and stupid is it to think a 19 yo. rookie would hold up for an 82+ game season and not address some type of realistic backup support plan for him?

They knew what they had in Powell and still re-signed him knowing he was their answer all along.
That is the true definition of insanity.

-20 in rebounds....they are getting what they deserve.

A lot of decent big man were availables for cheap but resign Cuban buddy was the priority. Well done.
tleikheen
Assistant Coach

Post#44 » by tleikheen » Sun Nov 26, 2023 8:52 am

(Green a ghost again and Exum can't really shoots

Yes he's showing that on 3pters but everytime he comes in he is contributing and rarely exits the game a negative ,He is winning over the fans that are seeing results while seeing DJJ ,GWms, Green and Powell ,now Holmes suck at playing winning BB. Mavs need his speed ,ball handling and especially need a defender that isnt constantly looking at the opposing players butt on blowbys. Exum is always face to face on who he's guarding ,a pretty unknown quality on this Mavs team.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:17 am

tleikheen wrote:
(Green a ghost again and Exum can't really shoots

Yes he's showing that on 3pters but everytime he comes in he is contributing and rarely exits the game a negative ,He is winning over the fans that are seeing results while seeing DJJ ,GWms, Green and Powell ,now Holmes suck at playing winning BB. Mavs need his speed ,ball handling and especially need a defender that isnt constantly looking at the opposing players butt on blowbys. Exum is always face to face on who he's guarding ,a pretty unknown quality on this Mavs team.

I agree that Exum is a solid player with exp who play good defense, he deserve 15/20minutes a game for sure.

But with Luka and Kyrie we need 3 points shooters... If Exum can't makes 3s it's a big problem because in this team he is a 3&D guy.
tleikheen
Assistant Coach

Post#46 » by tleikheen » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:56 am

But with Luka and Kyrie we need 3 points shooters... If Exum can't makes 3s it's a big problem because in this team he is a 3&D guy.

You dont know a whole hell of alot ,thats obvious ....Luka and Kyrie take 17 3 pters between them already,shooting 40 percent your other catch and shoot guys ......Grant Wms has scored 73 pts in 10 game ,7.3 ppg ........ DJJ has scored 76 pts the last 10 games ,7.6 ppg ......... Josh Green has scored 56 pts the last 10 games ,5.6 ppg .....clearly catch and shoot offense isnt working for the Mavs . This is the hand the Mavs have to work with.

All 3 of these guys are in trouble if they have to create offense for themselves .Exum is a ballhandler and distributer (19 assists to 3 turnovers) and doesnt need an assisted basket to score his pts.
The worst of it for these 3 pt shooters is they are constantly being blown by in front of us if you have League Pass.
Once again we're not in dreamland this is the Mavs players now .
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,225

Post#47 » by Archx » Sun Nov 26, 2023 11:22 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:I'd complain about not having an adequate frontcourt but I'm tired of sounding like a broken record.
If Cuban and company aren't sick of getting embarrassed by watching his team get brutalized in the paint every night, then why should I give a crap.

Seriously, how reckless and stupid is it to think a 19 yo. rookie would hold up for an 82+ game season and not address some type of realistic backup support plan for him?

They knew what they had in Powell and still re-signed him knowing he was their answer all along.

A lot of decent big man were availables for cheap but resign Cuban buddy was the priority. Well done.

There were also a a lot of great coaches available this time but they decided to keep the worst one :-?

Maybe it's just me, but Luka hasn't looked the same to me since Kyrie arrived and this "Your turn, my turn 1v5" offense, is simply not it. He looked much better with Porzingis or Brunson. I'm not blaming Kyrie, but in a bigger picture and with this coach, it's such a weird fit.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:16 pm

tleikheen wrote:

You dont know a whole hell of alot ,thats obvious ....Luka and Kyrie take 17 3 pters between them already,shooting 40 percent your other catch and shoot guys ......Grant Wms has scored 73 pts in 10 game ,7.3 ppg ........ DJJ has scored 76 pts the last 10 games ,7.6 ppg ......... Josh Green has scored 56 pts the last 10 games ,5.6 ppg .....clearly catch and shoot offense isnt working for the Mavs . This is the hand the Mavs have to work with.

All 3 of these guys are in trouble if they have to create offense for themselves .Exum is a ballhandler and distributer (19 assists to 3 turnovers) and doesnt need an assisted basket to score his pts.
The worst of it for these 3 pt shooters is they are constantly being blown by in front of us if you have League Pass.
Once again we're not in dreamland this is the Mavs players now .

Oh well another insulting guy, i would like to told that you don't scare anyone, the arguments count here.

Mavs need good 3&D guys to put around Luka and Kyrie.
DJJ and Josh are not good ones unfortunately.

I like Exum but he can't makes 3s so he can't play too much, it's simply.
You can post those stats everyday but it's useless, if Exum doesn't makes 3s he is still remain a 10/15 minutes player. Nothing more.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:19 pm

Archx wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:

There were also a a lot of great coaches available this time but they decided to keep the worst one :-?

Maybe it's just me, but Luka hasn't looked the same to me since Kyrie arrived and this "Your turn, my turn 1v5" offense, is simply not it. He looked much better with Porzingis or Brunson. I'm not blaming Kyrie, but in a bigger picture and with this coach, it's such a weird fit.

It's difficult to talk about Mavs FO... They lost Brunson for nothing and paid picks for dump Porz.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#50 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Nov 26, 2023 2:40 pm

Westbrook telling his teammates to go at Luka,should make Luka angry...instead , he's Just lackluster,doesn't care...he's a great O Player,ok on D when he tries,Just that he tries rarely...I wish he had that Jordan,Kobe mindset,focused all the time...instead he's Got more of a LeBron mindset,picks his battles,which is understandable considering LeBron was his idol
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:39 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:Westbrook telling his teammates to go at Luka,should make Luka angry...instead , he's Just lackluster,doesn't care...he's a great O Player,ok on D when he tries,Just that he tries rarely...I wish he had that Jordan,Kobe mindset,focused all the time...instead he's Got more of a LeBron mindset,picks his battles,which is understandable considering LeBron was his idol

The Kobe/Jordan NBA is done...

Btw Clips are one of the strongest and deepest team in the league, i think we can't match them right now.
Archx
RealGM

Post#52 » by Archx » Sun Nov 26, 2023 3:58 pm

Mavrelous wrote:l just don't undrsand where they come up with these kind of games, and after 2 days of rest.

Since Kyrie arrived they have become the most bipolar team in the league. One night they'll look like NBA champs and literally 2 days later they'll look worse than a GLeague team.

A lot of that has to do with Doncic in my opinion. He was angry, focused, his resilience and determination kept Mavs above the water when everyone else struggled. 60/20/10 game and more freakish performances... Now, he's relaxed, "having fun again", taking way too many possessions off because Kidd can't figure out how to do simple motion offense like Nuggets are doing with Jokic.

On top of it all, if Lively doesn't play, it's almost a guaranteed loss because no one puts enough effort into guarding their own shadow. It's going to be yet another bumpy ride this season. Raptors have too many big guys, maybe FO will somehow figure this out and do a deal with them.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,000

Post#53 » by Mavrelous » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:13 pm

Archx wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:l just don't undrsand where they come up with these kind of games, and after 2 days of rest.

Since Kyrie arrived they have become the most bipolar team in the league. One night they'll look like NBA champs and literally 2 days later they'll look worse than a GLeague team.

A lot of that has to do with Doncic in my opinion. He was angry, focused, his resilience and determination kept Mavs above the water when everyone else struggled. 60/20/10 game and more freakish performances... Now, he's relaxed, "having fun again", taking way too many possessions off because Kidd can't figure out how to do simple motion offense like Nuggets are doing with Jokic.

On top of it all, if Lively doesn't play, it's almost a guaranteed loss because no one puts enough effort into guarding their own shadow. It's going to be yet another bumpy ride this season. Raptors have too many big guys, maybe FO will somehow figure this out and do a deal with them.

This didn't happen with RC, remember the COVID days when DFS/Maxi/JRich and another one can't remember got COVID? team played hard despite fielding a roster of player who barely can get a spot on G-league team, we were thinking we're giving lottery pick to NYK, but I never though they didn't put enough effort.
Even in the good season, there were some mind numbingly atrocious effort games.
I don't want "best buddy" coach, I want someone to ride them hard, and if it breaks it breaks, just like RC did.
Games like 2nd Pelicans game, and this Clippers game are simply inexcusable, for this to happen once in 20-30 games, it's fine, but for this to happen 2.5 times (TOR game is the half game), in the st 15 games, that's just careless.
Fans can excuse lack of talent, fans can't tolerate folding like a chair from the opening tip.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#54 » by ejs78 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:22 pm

I hear there's alot of things to do in NO & LA

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Archx
RealGM

Post#55 » by Archx » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:36 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Archx wrote:

This didn't happen with RC, remember the COVID days when DFS/Maxi/JRich and another one can't remember got COVID? team played hard despite fielding a roster of player who barely can get a spot on G-league team, we were thinking we're giving lottery pick to NYK, but I never though they didn't put enough effort.
Even in the good season, there were some mind numbingly atrocious effort games.
I don't want "best buddy" coach, I want someone to ride them hard, and if it breaks it breaks, just like RC did.
Games like 2nd Pelicans game, and this Clippers game are simply inexcusable, for this to happen once in 20-30 games, it's fine, but for this to happen 2.5 times (TOR game is the half game), in the st 15 games, that's just careless.
Fans can excuse lack of talent, fans can't tolerate folding like a chair from the opening tip.

Yup i remember. Brunson kept them in the game even though they did have a losing record, they still showed resilience and fire. They played like they cared now it's just weird. Kidd looks half asleep most of the time, at least show some fire and get a tech or something. How can an old fart like Popovich have more energy than Kidd? Before the season Luka lobbied for his old coach Laso, but at this point i'm not sure even he could handle pressure from an EU coach.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,000

Post#56 » by Mavrelous » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:36 pm

ejs78 wrote:
I hear there's alot of things to do in NO & LA

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

I'm sure it's related, and this is where the coach should step in and rip them apart.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 860

Post#57 » by Teffer10 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:19 pm

I don't understand why we re-signed Morris if we aren't going to play him.
If there was ever a game we could have used his services it would have been this one.
We were getting bullied and manhandled all game and he is the best option we had to counter.
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 860

Post#58 » by Teffer10 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:24 pm

I know we were in a desperate situation for offense, but who in the hell did Kidd think we were going to stop with a Luka/Kyrie/THJ/Exum/Gwill lineup?
Archx
RealGM

Post#59 » by Archx » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:29 pm

Teffer10 wrote:I know we were in a desperate situation, but who in the hell did Kidd think we were going to stop with a Luka/Kyrie/THJ/Exum/Gwill lineup?

Kidd is old school. Coaches used to say "we had to match their lineup and pace". So instead of thinking out of the box, he's doing the same BS since he arrived in Dallas. Big players in todays game have become way more athletic, they can even guard some of the slower guards with ease, even Lively is already able to stay with them.
Mavs often go small when there is ZERO reason to do so. Kidd often subbed out bigger lineup for his midget lineups that were then outrebounded and out muscled in the paint. We all know this, we often get angry at the exact same thing. Kidd is a moron coach who's just trying to survive, Mavs won't win anything with him.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,925

Post#60 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 5:35 pm

I'm just puzzled at Nico and Cubes sitting there looking at Kidd and a 1 legit big man for our entire 4/5 rotation (who is also only a rookie and shouldn't have to be this crucial lol) and saying "yup this looks fine".

Return to Dallas Mavericks