ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G2 - Mavs @ Thunder (Thursd., 9:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Swish77
Junior
And1: 86

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G2 - Mavs @ Thunder (Thursd., 9:30PMEST) 

Post#41 » by Swish77 » Thu May 9, 2024 8:55 pm

Bob8 wrote:[youtube][/youtube]
Archx wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
I remember having similar conversation before game 5 in Clippers series. Do you remember how it ended?

I never said they'll lose, like i also didn't say this time that they'll lose. Luka is simply severly underperforming because of his own reasonings.

But to point out that he's incredibly lazy in summer, is nothing out of the ordinary because we can all see it. A properly trained body of a pro athlete is also much less likely to break down. His body is breaking down all the time now, it's always something and it's frustrating.

Dirk wrote:Cheer up everyone.

You say cheer up and then i see THJ on the floor. Makes me even more sad :cry:

Luka was fatigue/bad conditioned/injured/sick before game 5 and had pretty good game. Sorry if I'm not exactly believing everything.

If I remember right he was 1.5 months with NT team in the summer, not exactly definition of laziness. Maybe you should take those Luka's injury reports a little less serious. He played 70 RS games, played the best RS basketball, and didn't miss playoffs game yet. Kinda impressive for a player with body breaking down all the time.

They have to hate on Luka. We lost one game and the dude is trash worst player in the nba. So on and So on even tho we are 0-5 in game 1's under Kidd it doesnt matter Luka's trash. IT makes zero sense to me. Idk if some of the people could handle the Dirk years. They were rough. Like straight up depressing.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#42 » by GermanFan120 » Thu May 9, 2024 9:08 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:It's not rocket science that without prime Luka performance, we might be good enough to beat the Clippers, but it won't be enough to beat OKC.

Time for Luka to prove himself in this series, otherwise it is over.

You can't win if you're Luka right now. I don't think he can give that performance with the knee, but no one really cares he just gets criticized for playing hurt and not being good. He would be criticized less if he just sat (even though the Mavs would get swept) but no one cares about having a fighting spirit or any of that. When Kawhi sat the saying was "with a healthy Kawhi Clippers would win" so he was actually getting praise for sitting.

But I don't argue with anyone that says he's hurt because of his conditioning, it very well may be true. But either way conditioning or just bad luck he's not 100% and I don't think we can beat this team with him in this form.

The problem is no fans truly know the degree of Luka's injury. What we don't want is after Mavs get eliminated, they reveal that Luka was playing with only 50% of his ability due to this injury, which will make it sound like an excuse. If Luka's really playing with 50% of himself, then I agree he should sit. But if the injury is only 20%, then he should toughen up and try to perform. No players are playing with 100% of their condition at this stage. Look at what Brunson does it for the Knicks which I hate to make this comparison.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,246

Post#43 » by Archx » Thu May 9, 2024 10:38 pm

Swish77 wrote:
Archx wrote:
I never said they'll lose, like i also didn't say this time that they'll lose. Luka is simply severly underperforming because of his own reasonings.

But to point out that he's incredibly lazy in summer, is nothing out of the ordinary because we can all see it. A properly trained body of a pro athlete is also much less likely to break down. His body is breaking down all the time now, it's always something and it's frustrating.

You say cheer up and then i see THJ on the floor. Makes me even more sad :cry:

Luka was fatigue/bad conditioned/injured/sick before game 5 and had pretty good game. Sorry if I'm not exactly believing everything.

If I remember right he was 1.5 months with NT team in the summer, not exactly definition of laziness. Maybe you should take those Luka's injury reports a little less serious. He played 70 RS games, played the best RS basketball, and didn't miss playoffs game yet. Kinda impressive for a player with body breaking down all the time.

They have to hate on Luka. We lost one game and the dude is trash worst player in the nba. So on and So on even tho we are 0-5 in game 1's under Kidd it doesnt matter Luka's trash. IT makes zero sense to me. Idk if some of the people could handle the Dirk years. They were rough. Like straight up depressing.

I don't know why you had to jump into this debate and tried to be funny, but you did... So let me clarify few things.

Pro athlete's body (if in great shape) can and will heal faster if there are even smallest nagging injuries and it will also take longer to break down. That's a scientific fact, you can't even argue otherwise.

Luka has these nagging small injuries NON STOP. He gets the smallest hit during the game and he's already limping. He might be exaggerating or "faking" because that's how he copes with it. But given what we see in his movements and often being down on his knees in the 1st half already, i doubt that.

Season for a guy like him is usually - preason + 82 regular season games + playoffs. And i didn't even mention national team commitment. I don't know if you ever did sports and at what level but if you're constantly playing and you're not in perfect shape, the longer you go the more you start to feel your body and it also takes longer to properly heal or rest up.

Me pointing out that Luka is out of breath, not in a proper shape and constantly limping around with these small injuries, is absolutely a fair point because i'm also not the only one noticing this.

I also didn't say that they'll automatically lose because of that, but fact is, Luka is not right, he's slow, falls down easily and has almost no lift in his legs. But with his talent he could very well go ahead and score 50pts and you will call me idiot afterwards because you'll think that you're still right even though you're not.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,585

Post#44 » by dygaction » Thu May 9, 2024 11:08 pm

Green when just talking makes a lot of sense, also believes in Mavs more than a lot here.

GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#45 » by GermanFan120 » Thu May 9, 2024 11:35 pm

Archx wrote:

I don't know why you had to jump into this debate and tried to be funny, but you did... So let me clarify few things.

Pro athlete's body (if in great shape) can and will heal faster if there are even smallest nagging injuries and it will also take longer to break down. That's a scientific fact, you can't even argue otherwise.

Luka has these nagging small injuries NON STOP. He gets the smallest hit during the game and he's already limping. He might be exaggerating or "faking" because that's how he copes with it. But given what we see in his movements and often being down on his knees in the 1st half already, i doubt that.

Season for a guy like him is usually - preason + 82 regular season games + playoffs. And i didn't even mention national team commitment. I don't know if you ever did sports and at what level but if you're constantly playing and you're not in perfect shape, the longer you go the more you start to feel your body and it also takes longer to properly heal or rest up.

Me pointing out that Luka is out of breath, not in a proper shape and constantly limping around with these small injuries, is absolutely a fair point because i'm also not the only one noticing this.

I also didn't say that they'll automatically lose because of that, but fact is, Luka is not right, he's slow, falls down easily and has almost no lift in his legs. But with his talent he could very well go ahead and score 50pts and you will call me idiot afterwards because you'll think that you're still right even though you're not.

Don't waste your time responding to someone whose only mission is to troll and draw attentions. Not worth it man. :D
joesha1698
Senior
And1: 128

Post#46 » by joesha1698 » Thu May 9, 2024 11:38 pm

dygaction wrote:Green when just talking makes a lot of sense, also believes in Mavs more than a lot here.

I watched it and I agree using Luka and Kyrie to set picks for each other can free up our bigs.
I also like his idea of setting the screen for Luka higher - which will free Luka up more. I think Luka just needs to take his time so they dont call the offensive screen. (got a couple of those offensive calls)
Marko_MFFL
Freshman
And1: 57

Post#47 » by Marko_MFFL » Fri May 10, 2024 12:50 am

We have to take advantage on the rebounds and in the paint, whenever OKC is better in rebounding than us we will lose that game.
The referee's criteria should be fair and equal for both teams (or at least close, I'm fine with favoring the home team, but not that much). Not having Tony Brothers as a referee tonight will help.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by GermanFan120 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:20 am

Cavs beat the Celtics on the road, so can we tonight against the Thunder!
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#49 » by GermanFan120 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:49 am

Let's keep the pace in our hands! Good start!
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,084

Post#50 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 1:50 am

Luka looking a lot better so far.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#51 » by GermanFan120 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:53 am

SGA starts to go to work in Hollywood studio again.

Movie: The big flop
Starring: SGA
Director: Refs
Producer: Adam Silver
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#52 » by GermanFan120 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:55 am

This OKC team is better than us when the pace of game is faster. We must bait them to play in our pace. That's the key today.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 947

Post#53 » by Captain_Obvious » Fri May 10, 2024 1:55 am

PJ always turns it over when he brings the ball up

JJR as well
Swish77
Junior
And1: 86

Post#54 » by Swish77 » Fri May 10, 2024 1:58 am

Archx wrote:
Swish77 wrote:

If you don't like the way Luka plays or walks or talks or does anything on the basketball court don't watch the games. I actually don't come on here and complain about an NBA player bc I'm not walking in there shoes.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using RealGM mobile app
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#55 » by GermanFan120 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:08 am

This game won't be a cakewalk. So let's continue to play like the first Q.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,105

Post#56 » by daoneandonly » Fri May 10, 2024 2:10 am

Mavs go on a run, their COTY calls a timeout. Kidd, take notes on that.

And Exum sucks
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#57 » by GermanFan120 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:13 am

:o :o :o

It must be nice to be super tall...

And it's a 3. I hope this lucky shot doesn't haunt us to be the difference to win the game for them...
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 2:29 am

Luka looks healthy, guess I was wrong. Not the first time won't be the last.

I mean he is still on the injury report.

Does this not look like a totally different Luka from Game 1? He had 19 the entire game, he already has 18 tonight.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#59 » by GermanFan120 » Fri May 10, 2024 2:32 am

ChipotleWest wrote:Luka looks healthy, guess I was wrong. Not the first time won't be the last.

I mean he is still on the injury report.

Does this not look like a totally different Luka from Game 1? He had 19 the entire game, he already has 18 tonight.

He didn't have pizza or burgers or beer in the last two days which helped tremendously.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#60 » by ChipotleWest » Fri May 10, 2024 2:53 am

Hard to complain when leading but scored 68 points hit 12 3's, would like to see a 12-16 point lead with that. But better than losing.

Return to Dallas Mavericks