Around the league -- Mavs board edition

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,027

Re: Around the league -- Mavs board edition 

Post#61 » by Mavrelous » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:05 am

Maverick41 wrote:Not sexy at all but if we can't do a bigger upgrade, I think the following might work if CHI just wants to sell:

DAL Receives: Drummond + Craig
CHI Receives: Curry + 2 SRPs

I'm sure we want something bigger but those 2 off the bench can actually help and be play a decent amount of minutes. We then can use THJ + Holmes expirings + FRPs for a big upgrade in the offseason.

These are good targets, I don't think Mavs have the asking price for Lavine/DDR/Caruso/Vuc
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,105

Post#62 » by daoneandonly » Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:36 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Maverick41 wrote:Not sexy at all but if we can't do a bigger upgrade, I think the following might work if CHI just wants to sell:

I'm sure we want something bigger but those 2 off the bench can actually help and be play a decent amount of minutes. We then can use THJ + Holmes expirings + FRPs for a big upgrade in the offseason.

These are good targets, I don't think Mavs have the asking price for Lavine/DDR/Caruso/Vuc

Yea both would be good gets. Id hate to give up the few 2nds we have as we saw at the last TDL 2nds were being spent for some quality guys. But we need another big and a bigger wing, these are 2 guys that could be attainable. If we could just turn Josh Green into someone like DFS, Jalen MCDaniels, Kyle Anderson, Caleb Martin, man I'd be one happy Christian Indian.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,863

Post#63 » by dirkforpres » Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:13 pm

Trading Curry a 3rd time feels dirty to me, but this valuation seems pretty accurate to me.
FIRE JASON KIDD
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,871

Post#64 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:56 pm

Today 14/11/23

I still don't understand why Seth was signed... especially with all that rush.
Dan1970
Freshman
And1: 55

Post#65 » by Dan1970 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 7:13 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:Today 14/11/23

There seems to be no place on the team for Seth. THJ, Hardy, and Green are getting all the shots from the bench.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#66 » by daoneandonly » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:14 pm

A poster on the T& T board proposed a great deal:

mademan wrote:I have no idea why Raps signed McDaniels and do not understand why Mavs signed Curry. Raps add shooting and some ball skills and Mavs add size and length to their forward position...a simple trade of 2 rotation players with limited value buried on their teams' benches who could provide some value to the other team

I'd do that in a second for the Mavs. The brother of the McDaniels we should have drafted can likely be our starting SF
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,616

Post#67 » by Maverick41 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:39 pm

I'd do that McDaniels deal too. Doubt he starts but he adds size and length that we just don't have on the wings. Wanted him in the offseason.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,863

Post#68 » by dirkforpres » Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:20 pm

He was signed because the assumption was that Hardaway wouldnt be here... And that still might be the case in a few months. Curry will get his reps
FIRE JASON KIDD
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,871

Post#69 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 11:51 am

dirkforpres wrote:

He was signed because the assumption was that Hardaway wouldnt be here... And that still might be the case in a few months. Curry will get his reps

Yes i know, but that assumption was absolutely irreal....
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,930

Post#70 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:52 am

And somehow Theis got bought out and is going to the LA Hardens... feels like we missed out here.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#71 » by daoneandonly » Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:33 pm

dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:06 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Everybody knows Dallas' biggest problem is Josh Green

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10095085-1-problem-each-nba-team-didnt-see-coming

Everyone knows Dallas' biggest problem is not having a second legit big man.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#73 » by daoneandonly » Thu Nov 16, 2023 10:56 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10095085-1-problem-each-nba-team-didnt-see-coming

Part of needing another big is protecting the rim right? Wouldn't be as big a need if Green would stay in front of whomever he's guarding. Tyus Jones looked like Tony Parker whenever Green was on him. The guy was drafted for his D and he sucks at that on top of everything else
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#74 » by dirkules_41 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:55 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:

Part of needing another big is protecting the rim right? Wouldn't be as big a need if Green would stay in front of whomever he's guarding. Tyus Jones looked like Tony Parker whenever Green was on him. The guy was drafted for his D and he sucks at that on top of everything else

I appreciate you wake up every day stuffing needles into a voodoo doll with JGs face on it but anyone with a minimal understanding of basketball would know that the issues lie deeper than one wing who gets 25min ish a night staying in front of his man more and having a bad start to the season... :crazy: :banghead:
Like being #22 in RPG and #23 in BPG is clearly JGs fault. Pretty much singlehandedly on him to be this **** at rebounding and rim protection. He should just be 4 inches taller but for some reason he refuses to be 4 inches taller.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#75 » by daoneandonly » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:05 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:Everyone knows Dallas' biggest problem is not having a second legit big man.

I appreciate you wake up every day stuffing needles into a voodoo doll with JGs face on it but anyone with a minimal understanding of basketball would know that the issues lie deeper than one wing who gets 25min ish a night staying in front of his man more and having a bad start to the season... :crazy: :banghead:
Like being #22 in RPG and #23 in BPG is clearly JGs fault. Pretty much singlehandedly on him to be this **** at rebounding and rim protection. He should just be 4 inches taller but for some reason he refuses to be 4 inches taller.

You can keep defending him cause you can't ever admit you're wrong. Like no one his size can rebound. He can't do anything at an above average level, so yea a lit is on him.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,616

Post#76 » by Maverick41 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:23 am

I'm not a hater of Green at all but when someone is playing as bad as he is and now has the contract he has, he should definitely get some criticism.

Let's look at some advance stats. As of today, somehow Green is worse this year then his rookie year in the following: usage % (surprised at this), defensive rating, net rating, rebounding % and more. He's also somehow only shooting 2% better TS then his rookie year.

He's no longer a rookie nor he is on a rookie contract anymore. There are now expectations and he's no where near living up to it right now. Hopefully he can turn it around because his success is vital to ours.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#77 » by dirkules_41 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:25 am

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

You can keep defending him cause you can't ever admit you're wrong. Like no one his size can rebound. He can't do anything at an above average level, so yea a lit is on him.

If you were capable of comprehending the English language at least at a basic level, you would be able to understand that there were no words of defense for his poor season so far in my post. But you're so obsessed with him, it's wild.

One way or another it's obvious to anyone watching this team play that it's not our biggest issue.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#78 » by dirkules_41 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:26 am

Maverick41 wrote:I'm not a hater of Green at all but when someone is playing as bad as he is and now has the contract he has, he should definitely get some criticism.

Let's look at some advance stats. As of today, somehow Green is worse this year then his rookie year in the following: usage % (surprised at this), defensive rating, net rating, rebounding % and more. He's also somehow only shooting 2% better TS then his rookie year.

He's no longer a rookie nor he is on a rookie contract anymore. There are now expectations and he's no where near living up to it right now. Hopefully he can turn it around because his success is vital to ours.

Yep, something's really gone wrong for him this summer. Hard to put a finger on it really, he's just gonna have to figure it out and step it up a few notches. Ideally fast :D
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#79 » by daoneandonly » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:30 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:I appreciate you wake up every day stuffing needles into a voodoo doll with JGs face on it but anyone with a minimal understanding of basketball would know that the issues lie deeper than one wing who gets 25min ish a night staying in front of his man more and having a bad start to the season... :crazy: :banghead:

If you were capable of comprehending the English language at least at a basic level, you would be able to understand that there were no words of defense for his poor season so far in my post. But you're so obsessed with him, it's wild.

One way or another it's obvious to anyone watching this team play that it's not our biggest issue.

Defense is more than blocking shots, anyone with basic comprehension of basketball knows that. Josh Green was drafted for defense, and he sucks at Defense. There's no argument whatsoever. And he stinks at everything else as well.

I said once he got his guaranteed we'd see the unmotivated rookie Josh, and guess what, I was right. As another poster so eloquently posted, he's having a worse year than his rookie year. But u still won't call him out. You blast Powell, who's way better than Green.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#80 » by dirkules_41 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:32 am

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

Defense is more than blocking shots, anyone with basic comprehension of basketball knows that. Josh Green was drafted for defense, and he sucks at Defense. There's no argument whatsoever. And he stinks at everything else as well.

I said once he got his guaranteed we'd see the unmotivated rookie Josh, and guess what, I was right. As another poster so eloquently posted, he's having a worse year than his rookie year. But u still won't call him out. You blast Powell, who's way better than Green.

Once again completely beyond my point. Your reading comprehension abilities are worse than Josh Greens season.

Return to Dallas Mavericks