ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Bucks (Sat., 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

joesha1698
Senior
And1: 125

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Bucks (Sat., 830PMEST) 

Post#61 » by joesha1698 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 2:59 am

Josh green has balance issues and questionable basketball IQ at times.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#62 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:06 am

joesha1698 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:I don't like the way the game is being called today in the NBA ...in the 80's and 90's some of the players would knock the refs out for some decisions they're making

Look,I get it...Luka complains a lot but some Players ,Draymond for example(even Chris Paul,LeBron), get away with a lot more stuff ... I hate the fact that you can't show any sign of emotions,frustration , even joy(they call it taunting) just because the society has become so mentaly sensitive(weak) that it hurts their feelings

I'm not blaming the refs, but it bothers me that they've become somehow untouchable...you can't question their decisions,they never make mistakes,never get punished for bad calls..come on now, anybody that's seen the Tim
Donaghy documentary knows that he wasn't the only crooked Apple on the tree,its just that NBA is multibillon dollar business and they shot down further investigation cause it would hurt the league

Oblike the refs in Europe more....yes they T'up a player but they definetetly won't make Players become robota,show no emotions

I think the issue with Luka is that he is going to get the calls. He's #3 in the league in FTs per game - he gets like 10 a game. I think if he learns to talk to the refs calmly and not show them up he would be more effective. I think the problem is he comes off like he's whining and because of that - if they give him the calls - it makes them look bias now. I think Luka is shooting himself in the foot based on how he complains.

I get that but let's not act like they aren't bias...the calls the Lakers are getting versus the calls their opponents get?? The calls Embild and Giannis get when they're the one buldozing(showing) thru defenders?? The no calls on Warriors picks and Draymond...I'm not talking about fouls, but when players Just say omething and they T them up...Rasheed,Rodman,Oakley,Pistons team with Isaiah,Birds Celtics,Barkley would knock them out if they called the game like that...I get that you can't scream at the ref,curse thembut not saying anything...stop being so sensitive...the refs are becoming like cops in America, can't do anything wrong, must not question their decisions and they never answer for bad calls
joesha1698
Senior

Post#63 » by joesha1698 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:07 am

Gotta get THJ back into the game to give another look on offense. The turnovers are mounting on Luka at this point and its because the physicality of the bucks is picking up and he's over handling the ball.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#64 » by ejs78 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:13 am

Just rinse and repeat.

This isn't a serious team

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM Forums mobile app
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,225

Post#65 » by Archx » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:14 am

Jae Crowder cooking Mavs now. 3's not falling... Kidd's response? Let's keep doing the same old **** with no idea how to run other plays to get closer to the rim or get easy mid range shots.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#66 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:17 am

ejs78 wrote:Just rinse and repeat.

What do you expect...this team doesn't have a starting SF or PF and the starting SG and C are injured...Grant can't be your starter, honestly I'm ready to move on from him...it's obvious why the Celtics let him go...he can't really do anything except for running his mouth
joesha1698
Senior

Post#67 » by joesha1698 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:20 am

BliscoSantos wrote:
joesha1698 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:I don't like the way the game is being called today in the NBA ...in the 80's and 90's some of the players would knock the refs out for some decisions they're making

Look,I get it...Luka complains a lot but some Players ,Draymond for example(even Chris Paul,LeBron), get away with a lot more stuff ... I hate the fact that you can't show any sign of emotions,frustration , even joy(they call it taunting) just because the society has become so mentaly sensitive(weak) that it hurts their feelings

I'm not blaming the refs, but it bothers me that they've become somehow untouchable...you can't question their decisions,they never make mistakes,never get punished for bad calls..come on now, anybody that's seen the Tim
Donaghy documentary knows that he wasn't the only crooked Apple on the tree,its just that NBA is multibillon dollar business and they shot down further investigation cause it would hurt the league

Oblike the refs in Europe more....yes they T'up a player but they definetetly won't make Players become robota,show no emotions

I think the issue with Luka is that he is going to get the calls. He's #3 in the league in FTs per game - he gets like 10 a game. I think if he learns to talk to the refs calmly and not show them up he would be more effective. I think the problem is he comes off like he's whining and because of that - if they give him the calls - it makes them look bias now. I think Luka is shooting himself in the foot based on how he complains.

I get that but let's not act like they aren't bias...the calls the Lakers are getting versus the calls their opponents get?? The calls Embild and Giannis get when they're the one buldozing(showing) thru defenders?? The no calls on Warriors picks and Draymond...I'm not talking about fouls, but when players Just say omething and they T them up...Rasheed,Rodman,Oakley,Pistons team with Isaiah,Birds Celtics,Barkley would knock them out if they called the game like that...I get that you can't scream at the ref,curse thembut not saying anything...stop being so sensitive...the refs are becoming like cops in America, can't do anything wrong, must not question their decisions and they never answer for bad calls

Fair enough.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#68 » by ejs78 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:23 am

BliscoSantos wrote:

What do you expect...this team doesn't have a starting SF or PF and the starting SG and C are injured...Grant can't be your starter, honestly I'm ready to move on from him...it's obvious why the Celtics let him go...he can't really do anything except for running his mouth
Regardless of who's on the court we see the same thing over and over. Spamming 3s and a poor defense won't get you far.

BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#69 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:26 am

ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:

Regardless of who's on the court we see the same thing over and over. Spamming 3s and a poor defense won't get you far.

Yeah,cause they lack the size...a starting SF and PF(with some size) would help a lot... it's not like Grant doesn't get good passes under the basket,he Just can't finish cause he's too small
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#70 » by ejs78 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:32 am

BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:

Yeah,cause they lack the size...a starting SF and PF(with some size) would help a lot... it's not like Grant doesn't get good passes under the basket,he Just can't finish cause he's too small
Yes size will help but until that size walks in they need to get creative with what they have when the 3s don't fall.

BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#71 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:36 am

ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Regardless of who's on the court we see the same thing over and over. Spamming 3s and a poor defense won't get you far.

Yes size will help but until that size walks in they need to get creative with what they have when the 3s don't fall.

But who's gonna finish inside... Timmy Got bodied by Giannis and the refs swallowed their whistle
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#72 » by ejs78 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:38 am

BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:

But who's gonna finish inside... Timmy Got bodied by Giannis and the refs swallowed their whistle
Its not just this game. They could do some other things when healthy as well but they opt not to

BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#73 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:45 am

ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Yes size will help but until that size walks in they need to get creative with what they have when the 3s don't fall.

Its not just this game. They could do some other things when healthy as well but they opt not to

The Players aren't skilled enough...THJ,Hardy and Curry can create Just for themselves...Green can't control his speed and balance (+his handles are poor)...DJJ really isn't someone who's gonna beat you off the dribble,unless it's a counterattack...none of the big men apart from Lively (who's still raw) have post up game...the team is made mostly out of ISO Players and spot up shooters...there really isn't much you can expect from them, they're mostly one skill Players...sure they'll go off some games(Like Maxi this one) but outside of Luka and THJ,and for the last few games Green,nobody that Plays today is consistent...they go from solid,to bad game to game
joesha1698
Senior

Post#74 » by joesha1698 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:51 am

BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:

The Players aren't skilled enough...THJ,Hardy and Curry can create Just for themselves...Green can't control his speed and balance (+his handles are poor)...DJJ really isn't someone who's gonna beat you off the dribble,unless it's a counterattack...none of the big men apart from Lively (who's still raw) have post up game...the team is made mostly out of ISO Players and spot up shooters...there really isn't much you can expect from them, they're mostly one skill Players...sure they'll go off some games(Like Maxi this one) but outside of Luka and THJ,and for the last few games Green,nobody that Plays today is consistent...they go from solid,to bad game to game

Exactly. This is why the team is so inconsistent. They have to find more complete players with higher Bball IQs that compliment Luka and Kyrie.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,184

Post#75 » by GermanFan120 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:53 am

game over, yes we suck.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,184

Post#76 » by GermanFan120 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:56 am

My local ymca hoopers are better than Maxi, who shot a wide open air ball.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
joesha1698
Senior

Post#77 » by joesha1698 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 3:57 am

GermanFan120 wrote:game over, yes we suck.

Gotta get better. You need more complete players versus the better teams in the league.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer

Post#78 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:00 am

joesha1698 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:Its not just this game. They could do some other things when healthy as well but they opt not to

Exactly. This is why the team is so inconsistent. They have to find more complete players with higher Bball IQs that compliment Luka and Kyrie.

Agree... let's Look at how the hierarchy of this team should Look for them to be sucessfull:

1.Luka is the obvious no1
2.Kyrie is No2
3.they need to find a SF or PF
4.SF or PF
5.Lively
That's the starting five...we see that the team is missing two important pieces...a starting SF and PF

6.THJ(6th Man)
7-10 Green,Exum, Grant,DJJ
The others are end of bench players

Mavs now basicaly have three starting caliber Players when healthy ,Luka,Kai and Lively... THJ is a 6th Man...Green,Exum,Grant,DJJ rotational pieces and others end of bench guys
RicSwish
Ballboy
And1: 7

Post#79 » by RicSwish » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:09 am

We lost to the superior team. Like I said, this team needs a major overhaul. Get rid of the scrubs and the perpetual injured. With this setup, the Mavs are making the play in at best.
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#80 » by ejs78 » Sun Feb 4, 2024 4:18 am

BliscoSantos wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:

There were alot of Mavs teams after 2011 that played at a talent deficit. The difference is they actually ran plays.

Return to Dallas Mavericks