Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,102

Re: Around the league -- Mavs board edition 

Post#81 » by daoneandonly » Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:38 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:If you were capable of comprehending the English language at least at a basic level, you would be able to understand that there were no words of defense for his poor season so far in my post. But you're so obsessed with him, it's wild.

One way or another it's obvious to anyone watching this team play that it's not our biggest issue.

Defense is more than blocking shots, anyone with basic comprehension of basketball knows that. Josh Green was drafted for defense, and he sucks at Defense. There's no argument whatsoever. And he stinks at everything else as well.

I said once he got his guaranteed we'd see the unmotivated rookie Josh, and guess what, I was right. As another poster so eloquently posted, he's having a worse year than his rookie year. But u still won't call him out. You blast Powell, who's way better than Green.

Once again completely beyond my point. Your reading comprehension abilities are worse than Josh Greens season.

Yea because ur point is rebounds and blocks means defense, so only big center can fix that. Not the "athletic " wing who the team counts on to make stop on the perimeter.

You just showed it in the above post, "something this summer happened, hard to put a finger on it." No it's not, it's clear as day. He got a guaranteed contract, so he reverted back to lazy, zero heart Josh. It's called being a progressive liberal, which u probably are as well.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,858

Post#82 » by Dirk » Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:54 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
Defense is more than blocking shots, anyone with basic comprehension of basketball knows that. Josh Green was drafted for defense, and he sucks at Defense. There's no argument whatsoever. And he stinks at everything else as well.

I said once he got his guaranteed we'd see the unmotivated rookie Josh, and guess what, I was right. As another poster so eloquently posted, he's having a worse year than his rookie year. But u still won't call him out. You blast Powell, who's way better than Green.

Once again completely beyond my point. Your reading comprehension abilities are worse than Josh Greens season.

Yea because ur point is rebounds and blocks means defense, so only big center can fix that. Not the "athletic " wing who the team counts on to make stop on the perimeter.

You just showed it in the above post, "something this summer happened, hard to put a finger on it." No it's not, it's clear as day. He got a guaranteed contract, so he reverted back to lazy, zero heart Josh. It's called being a progressive liberal, which u probably are as well.

No clue where that comes from. But keep politics out of the board. And certainly don't use it to attack someone else.
60/21/10
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 898

Post#83 » by kacey ring » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:30 pm

So we still have a small chance to win our group in the IST. What needs to happen:
-Clippers beat the Pelicans by 19 :P
-Rockets beat the Nuggets by 6
-Then Mavs beat the Rockets by 19 8-)

This would result in all teams finishing 2-2, so the tie breaker comes down to point differential (PD). The outcomes I mentioned above would put the Mavs’ PD at +5, Clips/Pels at +4, Nuggets at +3, and Rockets at -16.

Our wildcard chances are even more unlikely. Would need the Twolves to lose out, however, one of those losses would be to the Thunder (+27), which would be impossible for us to match in PD. Lots more would need to go our way too.

The Pelicans’ ass kicking made our hopes pretty dim.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#84 » by Dirk » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:37 pm

kacey ring wrote:So we still have a small chance to win our group in the IST. What needs to happen:

This would result in all teams finishing 2-2, so the tie breaker comes down to point differential (PD). The outcomes I mentioned above would put the Mavs’ PD at +5, Clips/Pels at +4, Nuggets at +3, and Rockets at -16.

Our wildcard chances are even more unlikely. Would need the Twolves to lose out, however, one of those losses would be to the Thunder (+27), which would be impossible for us to match in PD. Lots more would need to go our way too.

That's the only option?
60/21/10
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,921

Post#85 » by dirkules_41 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:46 pm

Dirk wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:Once again completely beyond my point. Your reading comprehension abilities are worse than Josh Greens season.

No clue where that comes from. But keep politics out of the board. And certainly don't use it to attack someone else.

He's not the brightest, it's all good - daoneandonly thing he has proven to be over the years is consistent. :lol:
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by dirkules_41 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:48 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

I'll try it one more time for the slow of comprehension... if you actually cared to watch Mavs games instead of spending time building your Josh Green hate shrine you would (like pretty much everyone else) see how dramatically our defense falls apart when Lively isn't in the game or is in foul trouble. The same applied to pretty much all of last season when we had 0 Lively minutes per game.
So yes, despite it not fitting your desperate narrative, I believe 90% of posters here are in agreement on what the obvious issue is that is holding the team back. And whilst nobody is thrilled with JGs poor performance this season you seem to be pretty alone with your bizarre hyperfocus.

Not sure what any potential political position of mine would have to do with the Mavs poor defensive posture or why that would be any of your concern. I can assure you however I actually enjoyed a decent level of education and have eyeballs - never give up, it's never too late for you - despite your progressively liberally dished out hot takes.
kacey ring
Sixth Man

Post#87 » by kacey ring » Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:56 pm

Dirk wrote:
kacey ring wrote:So we still have a small chance to win our group in the IST. What needs to happen:

That's the only option?

It is.

Mavs can only max out at 2 wins. So if Nuggets, Pels, or Rockets reach 3 wins then we can’t win the group. Only one wild card team from each conf, which is looking even slimmer for us.
kacey ring
Sixth Man

Post#88 » by kacey ring » Sat Nov 18, 2023 2:05 pm

kacey ring wrote:
Dirk wrote:

That's the only option?

It is.

Mavs can only max out at 2 wins. So if Nuggets, Pels, or Rockets reach 3 wins then we can’t win the group. Only one wild card team from each conf, which is looking even slimmer for us.

Tie breakers for IST are below. Everyone locking at 2-2 in our group would have to enforce the second tie breaker.

In the event two or more teams are tied within a group, the tie among the teams will be broken according to the following tiebreakers (in sequential order):

• Head-to-head record in the Group Stage;
Point differential in the Group Stage;
• Total points scored in the Group Stage;
• Regular season record from the 2022-23 NBA regular season; and
• Random drawing (in the unlikely scenario that two or more teams are still tied following the previous tiebreakers).
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#89 » by Dirk » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:24 pm

kacey ring wrote:
Dirk wrote:

That's the only option?

It is.

This tournament thing... probably would work better if they held it over a specific period. So you knew that during those 2-3 weeks... all games "mattered". The way it is done... feels very scattered...

The Mavs just played the Pelicans twice and one game was a "normal" one and the other was "more important", but it didnt feel like it. Having some random days more relevant than the others is probably not ideal.
60/21/10
kacey ring
Sixth Man

Post#90 » by kacey ring » Sat Nov 18, 2023 3:53 pm

Dirk wrote:
kacey ring wrote:
Dirk wrote:
That's the only option?

It is.

This tournament thing... probably would work better if they held it over a specific period. So you knew that during those 2-3 weeks... all games "mattered". The way it is done... feels very scattered...

The Mavs just played the Pelicans twice and one game was a "normal" one and the other was "more important", but it didnt feel like it. Having some random days more relevant than the others is probably not ideal.

Agreed. That was my expectation until the final details arrived.

If they could alter the schedule and move away from the courts then I think that helps.

I also saw a recommendation (either here or Reddit) that would reward the winner by “moving them up a tier” in the playoffs. The tiers would need to be defined, but based on the winning teams regular season finish they could move from a non-playoff team to the 10 seed, or from a play-in team to 6 seed, or from a 2 seed to the 1 seed. Very solid idea, IMO.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#91 » by daoneandonly » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:00 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:Once again completely beyond my point. Your reading comprehension abilities are worse than Josh Greens season.

I'll try it one more time for the slow of comprehension... if you actually cared to watch Mavs games instead of spending time building your Josh Green hate shrine you would (like pretty much everyone else) see how dramatically our defense falls apart when Lively isn't in the game or is in foul trouble. The same applied to pretty much all of last season when we had 0 Lively minutes per game.
So yes, despite it not fitting your desperate narrative, I believe 90% of posters here are in agreement on what the obvious issue is that is holding the team back. And whilst nobody is thrilled with JGs poor performance this season you seem to be pretty alone with your bizarre hyperfocus.

Not sure what any potential political position of mine would have to do with the Mavs poor defensive posture or why that would be any of your concern. I can assure you however I actually enjoyed a decent level of education and have eyeballs - never give up, it's never too late for you - despite your progressively liberally dished out hot takes.

And if u care to watch, you'd see a 19 year old Lively have to expend extra energy and inevitably fouls to cover lazy Josh who doesn't even try to play defense. Chicken and egg scenario, and Josh is chicken to do anything.

You can stop replying to me if you have such a disdain for me calling out a bust a bust, you've never posted anything relevant yourself, so let's leave each other be
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,864

Post#92 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:04 pm

Those parquet are horrible for me so i hope Mavs are out :lol: :lol: :lol:
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,218

Post#93 » by Archx » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:07 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:

And if u care to watch, you'd see a 19 year old Lively have to expend extra energy and inevitably fouls to cover lazy Josh who doesn't even try to play defense. Chicken and egg scenario, and Josh is chicken to do anything.

Just to prove you further how completely out of touch you are with your psychotic obsession with Green.

Green and Lively together on the floor 128 minutes = +12.2 pts

So if anything, this duo works great together at least on defense. We all see Green struggled in games on offense, even though he had some good ones, but defense is the one thing why Kidd still plays him a lot.

Oh and another fun fact you won't like. Top 5-man lineup combinations for Mavs this season. Outscoring teams by +29.2pts. Look closely who is also there.

L. Dončić | J. Green | D. Jones | D. Lively | G. Williams

The mentioned lineup was together on the floor for the 2nd most minutes. The most minute lineup has Kyrie instead of Green but Mavs are -1.7pts with him instead of Green.

Maverick41 wrote:He's no longer a rookie nor he is on a rookie contract anymore. There are now expectations and he's no where near living up to it right now. Hopefully he can turn it around because his success is vital to ours.

He's still on a rookie contract. Extension kicks in next season.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#94 » by dirkules_41 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:38 pm

Archx wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:I'll try it one more time for the slow of comprehension... if you actually cared to watch Mavs games instead of spending time building your Josh Green hate shrine you would (like pretty much everyone else) see how dramatically our defense falls apart when Lively isn't in the game or is in foul trouble. The same applied to pretty much all of last season when we had 0 Lively minutes per game.

Just to prove you further how completely out of touch you are with your psychotic obsession with Green.

So if anything, this duo works great together at least on defense. We all see Green struggled in games on offense, even though he had some good ones, but defense is the one thing why Kidd still plays him a lot.

Oh and another fun fact you won't like. Top 5-man lineup combinations for Mavs this season. Outscoring teams by +29.2pts. Look closely who is also there.

The mentioned lineup was together on the floor for the 2nd most minutes. The most minute lineup has Kyrie instead of Green but Mavs are -1.7pts with him instead of Green.

Maverick41 wrote:He's no longer a rookie nor he is on a rookie contract anymore. There are now expectations and he's no where near living up to it right now. Hopefully he can turn it around because his success is vital to ours.

You may continue the argument with DOAO on my behalf, I'm done wasting keyboard strokes trying to educate that lost cause - facts and observations aren't much for him :lol:

Please refrain from personal attacks.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#95 » by daoneandonly » Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:40 pm

Archx wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:I'll try it one more time for the slow of comprehension... if you actually cared to watch Mavs games instead of spending time building your Josh Green hate shrine you would (like pretty much everyone else) see how dramatically our defense falls apart when Lively isn't in the game or is in foul trouble. The same applied to pretty much all of last season when we had 0 Lively minutes per game.

Here we go with +/-, a stat that showed DAngelo Russel was the Lakers best player last year. Yea that's what +/- means

And interesting how u talk about obsession, the guy who whined about Bullick time after time after time last season
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,218

Post#96 » by Archx » Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:22 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Here we go with +/-, a stat that showed DAngelo Russel was the Lakers best player last year. Yea that's what +/- means

And interesting how u talk about obsession, the guy who whined about Bullick time after time after time last season

I backed up my talking with stats, you're talking nonsense even when Green plays great and Mavs win. I also gave Bullock a lot of props for what he was doing, you're riding Green since he was drafted like he punched your mom or something. Huge difference how i discuss various player and how you discuss NON STOP only ONE person. But it's fine, i see you're clueless about stats, so i get it. It just kills all the joy reading these forums when one person talks so much **** and is so focused about one player that even mods have to step in.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,974

Post#97 » by Mavrelous » Sun Nov 19, 2023 12:45 am

West is tough, every week other team goes on a run Pelicans are up 15 on Wiolves after beating Mavs and Nuggets.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,036

Post#98 » by tleikheen » Sun Nov 19, 2023 1:01 am

without Zion
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#99 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:10 pm

Green has really plummeted his trade value
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#100 » by ejs78 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:13 pm

Ahhh my hometown Pistons about to lose their 11 th in a row. Will like be 13 b4 they can win again.... maybe next year.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Dallas Mavericks