ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Magic (Mond. 830PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,997

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Magic (Mond. 830PMEST) 

Post#81 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 30, 2024 7:40 am

Maverick41 wrote:What I'm most disappointed is that no reporter asked Kidd about not calling a timeout at the post presser. The guy literally was there, hands on the side, just watching. Gave zero inkling of calling a timeout or even thinking of it. Almost threw the game and no one had the balls to ask about it. C'mon man.

One of the reasons I'm down on this team is the media coverage.
1. No team in the league has key players going out of the lineup with no timetable, Julius Randle injury was in NBA news cycle.
2. Right after the 3 losses, we had Dana Larson on Locked on Mavs (de facto team employee) absolving Kidd of all responsibility, and Bobby Karalla on MMB, gaslighting people that the team defense is actually good, only transition defense is bad, basically Kidd prop up in disguise.

People keep blaming injuries, Mavs lost to depleted Grizzlies twice, depleted Cavs, and NOP 2nd unit, OKC is playing great defense in 4 guards lineup.
The level of play since the 8-2 start is inexcusable, this is a team on mission to fix the disgrace of last year, and Jason Kidd is at the front of this mission, and everyone is busy making excuses for him.
Get this guy off the team, he does nothing well, and I mean nothing, offensively this team is playing well below its potential, and his strong suit, the defense, has been a laughing stock since game 7 against the Suns 2 years ago, he's running Luka to the ground again, and his in game management is a sad joke.
The coaching staff and FO enabling them are just not it, they need to go.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,868

Post#82 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:12 am

Kidd lost the team, it's pretty obviously ... The game changed when THJ and Luka played their basketball down by 15+ points without nothing to lose and without a game plan(just like Hardy).

We are burning another year with that moron.

That 1 minute played by eyeglasses Powell was funny, Holmes seems not a so bad backup C but 3 minutes are enough for him.
Maybe Kidd wants to have him fresh for the play off :lol: :lol: :lol:

But a W is still a W. So good job.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#83 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:20 am

Luka needs rest but Kyrie(thank you Powell) and Exum (same old Exum...) are always out...
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,925

Post#84 » by dirkules_41 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 9:53 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Luka needs rest but Kyrie(thank you Powell) and Exum (same old Exum...) are always out...

Actually I'm pretty sure Kyries thumb was an opponent, not friendly fire by Agent Maple Leaf this time.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,102

Post#85 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:14 am

Take whatever win you can, but Kidd is out of his element. Time to cut ties with him.

Same goes for that player who once again had more combined fouls and turnovers than points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks. How can that even happen?
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,225

Post#86 » by Archx » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:15 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Kidd lost the team, it's pretty obviously ...

Also...

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1aehvhw/since_being_told_to_get_on_a_treadmill_luka/
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:49 am

Archx wrote:

Also...

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1aehvhw/since_being_told_to_get_on_a_treadmill_luka/

He just watches the game...
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#88 » by 41Dirk41 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:51 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Luka needs rest but Kyrie(thank you Powell) and Exum (same old Exum...) are always out...

Actually I'm pretty sure Kyries thumb was an opponent, not friendly fire by Agent Maple Leaf this time.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes, but last time he missed 10+ games... Luka would have appreciated his presence.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,920

Post#89 » by Dirk » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:03 pm

Hardy with a fantastic game.

Some nice decisions... really caught me off guard to see him make some of those assists.

Hardy/Green tease us with some talent and potential, but it feels they never sustain it. Hardy in particular also gets jerked around a lot with his minutes and role. Would be cool if this display of "vision" and "heady plays" is actually sustained and for real... because some of his shooting has been hard to digest and he needs to diversify his game.

60/21/10
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#90 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:05 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:

Agent Maple Leaf is a great nickname.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,102

Post#91 » by daoneandonly » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:49 pm

KIdd and Kyrie can be a package deal, both can hit the bricks. Fire Kidd, trade Ky
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 719

Post#92 » by BliscoSantos » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:14 pm

Archx wrote:

Also...

This isn't the first time that happened too... didn't Luka get pissed at the coaching ,for failling to call a timeout, last year too
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#93 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 30, 2024 1:17 pm

What's hillarious is that Luka got pissed at RC because he did call a TO Luka didn't like.
ACMFFL
Senior
And1: 568

Post#94 » by ACMFFL » Tue Jan 30, 2024 2:09 pm

I start to believe I might be cursed cause my two favourite teams in soccer/football and basketball are both dealing with clueless bald frauds disguised as head-coaches and facing ton of injures.

Can we just snag Jordi Fernandez from the Kings? This roster is far from being perfect or a legit contender, but I feel like improving it would be useless as long as Kidd is still our coach.
Just sack or demote him, at this juncture everyone is an upgrade over Kidd.
"All dreams are crazy until they come true."
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,225

Post#95 » by Archx » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:21 pm

Mavrelous wrote:What's hillarious is that Luka got pissed at RC because he did call a TO Luka didn't like.

Heh yeah, but Rick is light years ahead of Kidd in terms of coaching. So, i believe he often did things with purpose, though Mavs lost a ton of clutch games under him, that is true.

Still, if you look closely THJ was also raising his hands towards Kidd like "why you didn't call a TO"? I think both players were right here, i sure as hell know how i was screaming inside CALL A TO, CALL A TO and when seconds went by, i was like, wait he's surely going to call a TO, no? And then i saw THJ make few steps and i knew it was too late :lol: Even on broadcast, everyone started sarcastically saying "he's got 2 TO's, he's got 2 TO's left!!"

Kidd is like this small lost puppy wandering the streets alone just thinking how to survive and the world keeps turning faster and faster around him.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#96 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 30, 2024 4:33 pm

Archx wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:What's hillarious is that Luka got pissed at RC because he did call a TO Luka didn't like.

Heh yeah, but Rick is light years ahead of Kidd in terms of coaching. So, i believe he often did things with purpose, though Mavs lost a ton of clutch games under him, that is true.

Still, if you look closely THJ was also raising his hands towards Kidd like "why you didn't call a TO"? I think both players were right here, i sure as hell know how i was screaming inside CALL A TO, CALL A TO and when seconds went by, i was like, wait he's surely going to call a TO, no? And then i saw THJ make few steps and i knew it was too late :lol: Even on broadcast, everyone started sarcastically saying "he's got 2 TO's, he's got 2 TO's left!!"

Kidd is like this small lost puppy wandering the streets alone just thinking how to survive and the world keeps turning faster and faster around him.

Even Sweney mentioned something about timeout when Kidd turned his head to him :lol:
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#97 » by Mavrelous » Tue Jan 30, 2024 5:32 pm

Barely any reporting on this, but it was a great gesture
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Marko_MFFL
Freshman
And1: 57

Post#98 » by Marko_MFFL » Tue Jan 30, 2024 6:26 pm

I'm still laughing at Kidd for not calling a timeout even though Hardaway Jr. was trapped in front of him. Fire him already!

Can someone make a gif of Luka's "I see everything" celebration? :D
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,152

Post#99 » by ozwizard8 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:01 pm

joesha1698 wrote:
Mavs are lucky to have signed Kyrie. FA aren't lining up to play in Dallas or play with Luka's style of play. And we got Kyrie at a discount. Plus, Kyrie is a great human being that gives back to the community. We're lucky to have his talents.

Mavs are not lucky with Kyrie.
Since Kyrie came to Dallas, our record has been abysmal.
Kyrie was a disaster for all last 3 teams he went in last 7 years.
Mavs not being able to sign big FAs doesn't mean Kyrie disaster to be good.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,679

Post#100 » by Bob8 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:08 pm

joesha1698 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:
I get what you're trying to say but it's not Kyrie's fault the rest of the roster is bad...sure if Kyrie was healthy they'd go to the playoffs,but it's not like they're a contender.

It is Mavs FO's fault of bringing kyrie. It took us unprotected picks, dfs, dinwiddie to get kyrie. Kyrie is making max money.
Kyrie is not playing like a max player.
Imagine Mavs having Paul Geroge, KAT, Bam Adebayo, D.Booker etc. I did not even count the superstars. Just listed some max players that are worth the given salary.

Kyrie being unavailable due to mental or physical health issues is not a new thing. As a max player he is fraud but I cant accuse him for taking the max contract, that's the FO's mistake. Cuban is probably paying $1m/game for Kyrie since Kyrie is out for half of the games. I dont care how much money Cuban would lose, but I do care about salary cap.

Paying Kyrie max money (while having Luka-THJ) means the rest of the roster to be bad. He may not be responsible for signing a lucrative deal. But Mavs FO is responsible for investing in Kyrie. Its been 1 year and total record is terrible. The reality is Mavs are struggling to make playoffs after that trade while having prime Luka.

Mavs are lucky to have signed Kyrie. FA aren't lining up to play in Dallas or play with Luka's style of play. And we got Kyrie at a discount. Plus, Kyrie is a great human being that gives back to the community. We're lucky to have his talents.

How extremely lucky would Mavs have been, if he was actually playing games.

Return to Dallas Mavericks