Around the league -- Mavs board edition

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,607

Re: Around the league -- Mavs board edition 

Post#761 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 7, 2024 5:27 am

GermanFan120 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:Wolves gonna win the whole thing. Damn, next season.

I won't write Nuggets off the wall yet unless they lose game 3. Remember Houston beat Mavs in Dallas twice to start the series?

Exactly, happens about once every 20 years. Nuggets are done.
tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,026

Post#762 » by tleikheen » Tue May 7, 2024 5:57 am

Beginning of the year Denver players moved without the basketball and passed all around . This Denver team doesnt pass the basketball except Jokic and Murray passing the ball back and forth to each other and Minnesota is swarming their two man game and MPJ,AG ,KCP stand at the 3 pt line with little movement . It's playing right into Minnesota being able to keep an eye on the others with applying maximum pressure on Murray and Jokic.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,930

Post#763 » by Mavrelous » Tue May 7, 2024 11:10 am

Dirk wrote:.

I'm with on what you wrote in the GB, Clippers were heavily favoured by refs in the series, I wrote it off as Harden calls and homecooking, but Indy should be pissed, this is beyond officiating mistakes, this was rigging IMO.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,812

Post#764 » by Dirk » Tue May 7, 2024 11:13 am

Mavrelous wrote:

I'm with on what you wrote in the GB, Clippers were heavily favoured by refs in the series, I wrote it off as Harden calls and homecooking, but Indy should be pissed, this is beyond officiating mistakes, this was rigging IMO.

Clippers? You mean Knicks?

Not super sure about "rigging"; but that overturn PLUS the moving screen is very very suspect. And of course a "kick ball" that wasnt a kick ball.

The NBA for sure has to make everything reviewable.

It also felt generally like Brunson was awesome, but his style of play more and more benefits from soft calls or fishing for some... which will make him an annoying player to watch.
60/21/10
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#765 » by Mavrelous » Tue May 7, 2024 11:17 am

Dirk wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

Not super sure about "rigging"; but that overturn PLUS the moving screen is very very suspect. And of course a "kick ball" that wasnt a kick ball.

It also felt generally like Brunson was awesome, but his style of play more and more benefits from soft calls or fishing for some... which will make him an annoying player to watch.

No, I meant the Clippers in Mavs 1st round series, I thought Harden was given a lot of calls that went against the way the series was officiated, but this was an example of normal officiating bias towards stars and home teams.
What went on in the Indy/NYK went beyond that, that overturned call and moving screen call were outrageous.
It sucks, it's been a great PO, Nuggets/LAL series was great, Wolves going 6-0 with 2 road wins in PHX and in DNVR is enough material for entire postseason, and we're left with the bad taste of the Indy/NYK...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,172

Post#766 » by Archx » Tue May 7, 2024 11:26 am

Wolves scare me the most if Mavs win vs OKC. That team is deep and strong on almost any position. I want Nuggets to win because at least on paper it looks like the easier matchup.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#767 » by Mavrelous » Tue May 7, 2024 11:38 am

Archx wrote:Wolves scare me the most if Mavs win vs OKC. That team is deep and strong on almost any position. I want Nuggets to win because at least on paper it looks like the easier matchup.

I don't see DEN coming back from this, they demoralized them...
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#768 » by Dirk » Tue May 7, 2024 11:40 am

Mavrelous wrote:
Dirk wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:I'm with on what you wrote in the GB, Clippers were heavily favoured by refs in the series, I wrote it off as Harden calls and homecooking, but Indy should be pissed, this is beyond officiating mistakes, this was rigging IMO.

No, I meant the Clippers in Mavs 1st round series, I thought Harden was given a lot of calls that went against the way the series was officiated, but this was an example of normal officiating bias towards stars and home teams.
What went on in the Indy/NYK went beyond that, that overturned call and moving screen call were outrageous.
It sucks, it's been a great PO, Nuggets/LAL series was great, Wolves going 6-0 with 2 road wins in PHX and in DNVR is enough material for entire postseason, and we're left with the bad taste of the Indy/NYK...

Even if I/'we' think we're 'rational' and 'unbiased'... probably arent. But I did find it super odd how Clippers fans complained about the refs. In game 1 in particular. Then it became more about Zubac being hacked etc.

Archx wrote:Wolves scare me the most if Mavs win vs OKC. That team is deep and strong on almost any position. I want Nuggets to win because at least on paper it looks like the easier matchup.

Those skinny guys won't bother a normal Luka that much and when they send a double team... the Mavs will exploit it. But yeah, they were seriously impressive yesterday... but they shouldn't be able to disrupt the Mavs offense as much since Luka is not Murray or whoever brings the ball up for the Nuggets.

I am a bit downbeat though.

Maxi out... and he was a bit of an X factor with his 3pt shooting + defense. He is probably going to be missed...

And then Jason Kidd re-signed for no logical reason. It's not necessarily because "the coach re-signed", it's more about the timing... as if beating the Clippers was a big accomplishment.
60/21/10
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,172

Post#769 » by Archx » Tue May 7, 2024 11:45 am

Dirk wrote:

Those skinny guys won't bother a normal Luka that much and when they send a double team... the Mavs will exploit it. But yeah, they were seriously impressive yesterday... but they shouldn't be able to disrupt the Mavs offense as much since Luka is not Murray or whoever brings the ball up for the Nuggets.

I am a bit downbeat though.

Maxi out... and he was a bit of an X factor with his 3pt shooting + defense. He is probably going to be missed...

And then Jason Kidd re-signed for no logical reason. It's not necessarily because "the coach re-signed", it's more about the timing... as if beating the Clippers was a big accomplishment.

McDaniels always gives Doncic problems and then there is Ant, another mobile guard. It's hard to switch vs Wolves and Mavs are a heavy iso team. I don't know... i just don't have a good feeling specially with Luka's sprained knee.

I guess there are things behind the scenes that favor Kidd which we don't know about. Kidd didn't even mention Cuban in his thank you speech lol.

Mavrelous wrote:

I don't see DEN coming back from this, they demoralized them...

I'm in the 2nd Q of watching the game right now and i fully agree with you. Nuggets as a team don't look right. Refs are brutal but Wolves look much differently as a unit.
MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#770 » by MassimoPayne » Tue May 7, 2024 11:52 am

I suspect Nuggets are coming back and generating the mental state out of that to win another championship
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#771 » by Dirk » Tue May 7, 2024 11:57 am

MassimoPayne wrote:I suspect Nuggets are coming back and generating the mental state out of that to win another championship

It appears Murray is far from 100% physically. I guess it isn't a full healthy version of their team... so it's kind of tough to both expect them to be able to beat the Wolves defense and hold them off on the other end.

It wasn't a normal 0-2 hole. They were dominated in both games. And they trailed the Lakers most of the series as well.
60/21/10
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,094

Post#772 » by daoneandonly » Tue May 7, 2024 12:59 pm

If Dallas can get past OKC, it is an if especially with Maxi out, I dont think they can beat Minny sadly. Just too big and deep. McDaniels is what a DPOY on the perimeter looks like, then they have the 3-4 time DPOY at the rim, KAT and Ant; there's just not a weakness there.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,170

Post#773 » by GermanFan120 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:34 pm

ChipotleWest wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:Wolves gonna win the whole thing. Damn, next season.

I won't write Nuggets off the wall yet unless they lose game 3. Remember Houston beat Mavs in Dallas twice to start the series?

Exactly, happens about once every 20 years. Nuggets are done.

Every 20 years?

Mavs 4-3 Rockets (2004-2005)
Mavs 3-4 Clippers (2020-2021)
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#774 » by GermanFan120 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:37 pm

Dirk wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:

+10000
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#775 » by GermanFan120 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:41 pm

Wolves indeed look scary but they aren't invincible.

Nuggets need to be more aggressive and attack their big men to get them in foul trouble early, then they can beat them with experience.

On the other hand, Murray not being 100% or potentially suspended will be a different story. Hopefully after a few days rest, he will be back strong.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#776 » by GermanFan120 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:45 pm

McDaniels is a hot head.
KAT always makes idiotic fouls.
Gobert can be exploited given the right match up.

Those are their holes.
MassimoPayne
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#777 » by MassimoPayne » Tue May 7, 2024 9:56 pm

Somehow Jokic looks like a regular basketball player. Haven't seen him Iike that since years
ChipotleWest
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,607

Post#778 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 7, 2024 10:45 pm

I think the Mavs would matchup better with the Wolves than the Nuggets, who look old and unathletic against them. We definitely have athletes.

They beat us 3-1 in the regular season but all games were before we got Gafford or Washington.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,147

Post#779 » by ozwizard8 » Wed May 8, 2024 6:18 am

daoneandonly wrote:If Dallas can get past OKC, it is an if especially with Maxi out, I dont think they can beat Minny sadly. Just too big and deep. McDaniels is what a DPOY on the perimeter looks like, then they have the 3-4 time DPOY at the rim, KAT and Ant; there's just not a weakness there.

Wolves 4-0, OKC 4-1 if the Refs continue like this.

Gobert was supposed to be DPOY, and what makes Wolves defense great.
He is gone and they're still elite defense.
Now you think McDaniels is DPOY? That is BS.
It all about refs. Kyrie couldn't dribble today, Murray couldn't dribble yesterday.
Meanwhile no one get close to f'in SGA, Wiggins, Mcdaniels, Ant or getting foul calls.

NBA is selling out, fixing games, promoting so-called new stars for TV deal. F them
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#780 » by Mavrelous » Wed May 8, 2024 6:36 am

ozwizard8 wrote:NBA is selling out, fixing games, promoting so-called new stars for TV deal. F them

Officiating was horrible in the 1st half, but the Thunder pulled away w/o the refs help, refs had nothing to do with this loss, they just out scored the Mavs once they inserted Joe instead of Giddey.
I agree on the officiating in the Wolves and Knicks series, the Knicks game specifically was rigged IMO.

Return to Dallas Mavericks