ImageImageImage

Around the league -- Mavs board edition

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,140

Re: Around the league -- Mavs board edition 

Post#741 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:40 am

GermanFan120 wrote:Just out of curiosity, which team is better as of today? Mavs or Knicks?

Considering the assets its Knicks.
Considering the healthy rosters, I would say Mavs with Luka.
For today, its similar as Luka have some injury going on. Healthy Luka would put efficient 40pts and take over the clutch.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#742 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:43 am

GermanFan120 wrote:Watching Brunson killing must have left weird mixed taste in all of mavs fans mouth, I feel so bitter not gonna lie. :cry:

Cuban and FO **** up big time.
Brunson has shown time and time again to be a real PG who can play as a second man to Luka.
Kyrie has played good this series but he is not a PG. He cant control the game the way Luka and Brunson does. When Luka is gassed, or injured, having Brunson was a huge relief.

Cuban losing Nash, Chandler, Brunson on FA is just dumb. There is no other team in NBA that lost 3 award-winning players in FA for last two decades.
Nash got MVP, Chandler got DPOY, Brunson will get First-Team All NBA and probably some other awards in next years...
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#743 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:01 am

tleikheen wrote:Phoenix came out on the short end playing without a Center in the 4th quarter as well and going to Bermuda next .....

For what its worth, they could've keep Ayton or simply go for Gafford at deadline to have a functioning Center.
I am not saying neither Ayton or Gafford are top 5 centers. Ayton is probably near top 10, and Gafford is actually a center compared to what they have in Eubanks or cant move Nurkic.

Cant understand a team that already has two offensive juggernauts in Booker-KD to go for more offense with Beal-Nurkic.
Sounds like KD doesn't understand about basketball enough considering their Brooklyn experiment.
They let JArrett Allen go to open room for washed D'Andre Jordan.
They already had Kyrie-KD duo and still asked for Harden. Maybe its because the lack of playmaking but still two offensive juggernauts should've been enough. Just go for a elite defender/rebounder, or two-way player.

Last year PHX roster would at least go for G6 against this Wolves team.
ChipotleWest
Analyst
And1: 3,186

Post#744 » by ChipotleWest » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:23 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:Watching Brunson killing must have left weird mixed taste in all of mavs fans mouth, I feel so bitter not gonna lie. :cry:

Cuban and FO **** up big time.
Brunson has shown time and time again to be a real PG who can play as a second man to Luka.
Kyrie has played good this series but he is not a PG. He cant control the game the way Luka and Brunson does. When Luka is gassed, or injured, having Brunson was a huge relief.

Cuban losing Nash, Chandler, Brunson on FA is just dumb. There is no other team in NBA that lost 3 award-winning players in FA for last two decades.
Nash got MVP, Chandler got DPOY, Brunson will get First-Team All NBA and probably some other awards in next years...

Because Cuban is a bottom tier owner that was lucky to have Dirk already here when he bought the team. And luckily he listened to Donnie for once when he said to draft Luka. He didn't listen when he said draft Giannis.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,671

Post#745 » by Mavrelous » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:12 am

Embiid is an awful viewing experience, foul grifter and dirty player, I'm glad Brunson punked him.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#746 » by ozwizard8 » Sun May 5, 2024 3:05 am

TWolves has a really good whistle, even in tough/weird officiated 2024 playoffs. They'll get all the ticky tacky foul calls. Refs will save Edwards if he drives and have no option left. Even at last 2 minutes mark, refs kept calling fouls to save Ant. In the first he also traveled in 2 possessions with no call which reminds me the early days of Lebron. Good luck to any team facing the Wolves. They have NBA plot armor for financial, star-making reasons. Ant in FIBA tournament didn't have that and failed but NBA is a different beast with its refs.

I dont think Mavs have much chance with this type of star calls. Luka never ever gets those on offense. And while on defense, refs easily call tons of fouls on Kyrie and Luka for very small stuff, while it's free for Wolves players to fall onto a player or basically hugging players.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,154

Post#747 » by GermanFan120 » Sun May 5, 2024 2:34 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:TWolves has a really good whistle, even in tough/weird officiated 2024 playoffs. They'll get all the ticky tacky foul calls. Refs will save Edwards if he drives and have no option left. Even at last 2 minutes mark, refs kept calling fouls to save Ant. In the first he also traveled in 2 possessions with no call which reminds me the early days of Lebron. Good luck to any team facing the Wolves. They have NBA plot armor for financial, star-making reasons. Ant in FIBA tournament didn't have that and failed but NBA is a different beast with its refs.

I dont think Mavs have much chance with this type of star calls. Luka never ever gets those on offense. And while on defense, refs easily call tons of fouls on Kyrie and Luka for very small stuff, while it's free for Wolves players to fall onto a player or basically hugging players.

You are overthinking now. Nuggets will bounce back, that series is going to game 7.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,078

Post#748 » by daoneandonly » Mon May 6, 2024 2:27 am

I'm biased of course and don't think we can do it, especially without Maxi. But the best storyline scenario to me is a Mavs Celtics finals.

Boston fans hate Kyrie, Mavs fans hate KP. The boo birds would be defening.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#749 » by GermanFan120 » Mon May 6, 2024 4:08 am

daoneandonly wrote:I'm biased of course and don't think we can do it, especially without Maxi. But the best storyline scenario to me is a Mavs Celtics finals.

This is possible, but what sucks is we will hand Tatum his first championship ring if that's the case.

I don't like Boston AT ALL.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,078

Post#750 » by daoneandonly » Mon May 6, 2024 11:16 am

GermanFan120 wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:I'm biased of course and don't think we can do it, especially without Maxi. But the best storyline scenario to me is a Mavs Celtics finals.

This is possible, but what sucks is we will hand Tatum his first championship ring if that's the case.

I'd hate for KP to win, but, I'd rather Boston than

Baby killer Anthony Edwards
The toilet dump known as New York led by Brunson
Drugged up Denver
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#751 » by GermanFan120 » Mon May 6, 2024 12:47 pm

daoneandonly wrote:
GermanFan120 wrote:

I'd hate for KP to win, but, I'd rather Boston than

Baby killer Anthony Edwards
The toilet dump known as New York led by Brunson
Drugged up Denver

I like all of them better than Boston.
ChipotleWest
Analyst

Post#752 » by ChipotleWest » Mon May 6, 2024 11:02 pm

I still predict KP will cost Boston, even if it's in the Finals. He already did both things I predicted in the playoffs and he only played 4 games. He came up small in 2 of them (he was bad before he was injured in Game 4, just 1 of 5 and 1 of 9 in Game 2) and the injury was the other. They might have enough firepower to win with him coming up small though it's just crazy. But this idea that Boston fans have that he's going to be one of the keys to a championship won't happen.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#753 » by GermanFan120 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:00 am

Ok... We are no match against the wolves...

They scared the shat out of me.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,671

Post#754 » by Mavrelous » Tue May 7, 2024 3:07 am

The refs were keeping the Knicks in the gae and made sure they win, it was disgusting
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#755 » by GermanFan120 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:21 am

Mavrelous wrote:The refs were keeping the Knicks in the gae and made sure they win, it was disgusting

Knicks fans: haters gonna hate. We win fair and square.

Any other fanbase: :crazy: :nonono: :banghead: :noway:
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,170

Post#756 » by BeiBeau » Tue May 7, 2024 3:39 am

Wolves gonna win the whole thing. Damn, next season.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#757 » by ozwizard8 » Tue May 7, 2024 3:48 am

TWolves have the GOAT defense without Gobert, too.
Becasue its all about the REFS. If refs-nba wanted they can make a college team to win all!

Seriously, Wolves players are hugging, pushing, hacking. They fly and fall onto Denver players without a call. The very first possession, KAT committed two fouls in the first possession, one on Jokic then Gordon but no call :lol:

You can make KAT-Conley defense good if you have full support of REFS.
Meanwhile, they get every call. Denver tries to not touching KAT and even Alexander is getting star calls :lol: :lol:
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#758 » by GermanFan120 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:06 am

BeiBeau wrote:Wolves gonna win the whole thing. Damn, next season.

I won't write Nuggets off the wall yet unless they lose game 3. Remember Houston beat Mavs in Dallas twice to start the series?
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#759 » by GermanFan120 » Tue May 7, 2024 4:07 am

ozwizard8 wrote:TWolves have the GOAT defense without Gobert, too.
Becasue its all about the REFS. If refs-nba wanted they can make a college team to win all!

Seriously, Wolves players are hugging, pushing, hacking. They fly and fall onto Denver players without a call. The very first possession, KAT committed two fouls in the first possession, one on Jokic then Gordon but no call :lol:

You can make KAT-Conley defense good if you have full support of REFS.
Meanwhile, they get every call. Denver tries to not touching KAT and even Alexander is getting star calls :lol: :lol:

I tend to agree with this. Nuggets need to get Kat to foul trouble next game to give them a chance. And it is not mission impossible.
ChipotleWest
Analyst

Post#760 » by ChipotleWest » Tue May 7, 2024 5:25 am

I won't lie, Wolves look like the best team right now. Not in the West, but period.

I think Mavs would match up with them better than the Nuggets are so far though, but with Luka's sprain knee I don't see us beating them.

Return to Dallas Mavericks