ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Clippers (Nov 10 - Tournament Game)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,913

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Clippers (Nov 10 - Tournament Game) 

Post#41 » by dirkules_41 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:59 am

Mavrelous wrote:OMG Lively, mercy on the former MVP...

I missed the first 3 Q... which one of their washed stars was it and did he block them or dunk on them?
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,208

Post#42 » by BeiBeau » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:01 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:OMG Lively, mercy on the former MVP...

I missed the first 3 Q... which one of their washed stars was it and did he block them or dunk on them?

He turned the ball over, ran down chase down blocked Westbrook, and then ran back down and finished a transition alley oop.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Post#43 » by BliscoSantos » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:08 am

I hope Omax works on his game and develops...Mavs could use a guy his size to become a valuable rotation player

Btw,Luka growing mustache is funny :lol: ...he should complement them with the Rick Barry or Larry Bird hairstyle :lol:
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,928

Post#44 » by Mavrelous » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:12 am

BliscoSantos wrote:Amazing performance tonight, can't remember the last time the team was in control of the game like tonight...Luka with insane FG%,seems like he can't miss... it's impossible to shoot this good in every game but I hope they keep the defensive focus and hustle they showed tonight in the games that follow

The defense was no less impressive, they locked them down to 6 points for 7-8 minutes.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#45 » by BeiBeau » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:13 am

First game all season where both Luka and Kyrie are truly on.

I doesn’t matter what happens if Luka is playing like that, Dallas is the best team in the world.

OMax is still a minute away. I think he could use some G-league time. See if he can offer anything to the rotation in January just like Hardy did last season.

2nd really bad game from Grant. But Exum and DJJ were incredible.

Even a poor game from Lively makes the mavs a significantly better team.

Hardy has this thing where when he’s going for a contact finish he cradled the ball and it leads to a lot of turn overs and blocks. Are his hands particularly small to where he can’t grip it?

Good to take care of business in the first half for a change. Dallas is still at least one player away from fixing their size issues. But Lively really makes a world of difference in that department. We need a legitimate 7 footer back up 5, or a 6’9”+ forward to balance some of these line ups. The 4 guard + Powell line up has had some really good moments and comebacks in the 3rd quarter this season, but it also gets hammered defensively.
BeiBeau
Starter

Post#46 » by BeiBeau » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:15 am

BliscoSantos wrote:I hope Omax works on his game and develops...Mavs could use a guy his size to become a valuable rotation player

Btw,Luka growing mustache is funny :lol: ...he should complement them with the Rick Barry or Larry Bird hairstyle :lol:

OMax was a top 3 on ball defender in college last year and shot 34% from 3. All he really needs to do is get comfortable and confident in the NBA and shoot open 3s and he could play.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#47 » by ejs78 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:41 am

BeiBeau wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:I hope Omax works on his game and develops...Mavs could use a guy his size to become a valuable rotation player

Btw,Luka growing mustache is funny ...he should complement them with the Rick Barry or Larry Bird hairstyle

OMax was a top 3 on ball defender in college last year and shot 34% from 3. All he really needs to do is get comfortable and confident in the NBA and shoot open 3s and he could play.
I think he'll be fine (fanbase won't be patient as usual) but like last year with Hardy and still some this year both need to slow down. Omax was all over the place before he got that and 1.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#48 » by Michaellam1987 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:46 am

Mavrelous wrote:Exum should play more...

Agree. He is actually decent player, can handle the ball: can drive, can shoot, can pass. Respectable defender with decent size as a guard.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,913

Post#49 » by dirkules_41 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:47 am

ejs78 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

Btw,Luka growing mustache is funny ...he should complement them with the Rick Barry or Larry Bird hairstyle

I think he'll be fine (fanbase won't be patient as usual) but like last year with Hardy and still some this year both need to slow down. Omax was all over the place before he got that and 1.

He has the tools, he just needs to get comfortable. It was great to see how excited everyone got for his first point and Luka presenting him the game ball. I feel like garbage time is also always a fair bit of chaos, so not sure that helps getting comfortable lol
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#50 » by ejs78 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 4:52 am

dirkules_41 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

He has the tools, he just needs to get comfortable. It was great to see how excited everyone got for his first point and Luka presenting him the game ball. I feel like garbage time is also always a fair bit of chaos, so not sure that helps getting comfortable lol
That was really cool to see him get the game ball. Nice sign that that the team supports him.

Vibes are so much better this year.

BeiBeau
Starter

Post#51 » by BeiBeau » Sat Nov 11, 2023 5:16 am

ejs78 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
ejs78 wrote:I think he'll be fine (fanbase won't be patient as usual) but like last year with Hardy and still some this year both need to slow down. Omax was all over the place before he got that and 1.

That was really cool to see him get the game ball. Nice sign that that the team supports him.

Vibes are so much better this year.

I having dudes who accept their role helps a lot. Having defensive leaders helps. Winning really helps. And it really helps having depth. Knowing that you don’t have to do it alone makes a world of difference.

Luka was very clearly extremely frustrated that Dallas was the worst team in the nba when he was not playing last year. This year a ton of our comebacks and runs are coming from the bench lineup of Kyrie plus 4 bench players.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,862

Post#52 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 6:44 am

Luka e Kyrie god mode for the W, we needed Luka in the 4th because Clips bench half cutted the distance. Bad. Very bad.
DJJ solid again, another Luka miracle.

Btw destroy the Clips is always a good thing.

But we desperately need another C(or a solid 4/5), Lively is good but raw and Powell... I mean, he is Powell :lol:
The former worst starting C of the history and now he is trying hard to become the worst backup C too.

Luckily for his lawyers garbage time exists so he can put numbers on the boxscore because when there was a game he was disastrous.

O-Max is unplayble.
Green horrible again.
Hardy is a THJ 2.0 right now.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 360

Post#53 » by Michaellam1987 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 7:36 am

41Dirk41 wrote:Luka e Kyrie god mode for the W, we needed Luka in the 4th because Clips bench half cutted the distance. Bad. Very bad.
DJJ solid again, another Luka miracle.

Btw destroy the Clips is always a good thing.

But we desperately need another C(or a solid 4/5), Lively is good but raw and Powell... I mean, he is Powell :lol:
The former worst starting C of the history and now he is trying hard to become the worst backup C too.

Luckily for his lawyers garbage time exists so he can put numbers on the boxscore because when there was a game he was disastrous.

O-Max is unplayble.
Green horrible again.
Hardy is a THJ 2.0 right now.

OMax is clearly very nervous on the court in the first quarter because he doesn’t not expect playing time. But when in the 4th quarter, he looks more comfortable. And that offensive rebound is what we need, he jumps so high and so strong. Just need more on court experience.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#54 » by Mavrelous » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:11 am

We crap on Kidd a lot, myself included, but he saw DJJ was better fit than Green, stuck with him despite disasterous 1st quarter against SAS, and he's playing better than MLE guys, and he seems to love playing with Luka/Kyrie and they lije him also.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,646

Post#55 » by Bob8 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:16 am

Mavrelous wrote:We crap on Kidd a lot, myself included, but he saw DJJ was better fit than Green, stuck with him despite disasterous 1st quarter against SAS, and he's playing better than MLE guys, and he seems to love playing with Luka/Kyrie and they lije him also.

DJJ is far the biggest positive surprise of the season. Josh far the most negative surprise of the season.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,862

Post#56 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:23 am

PG13 looks like awful and very sad after Harden trade... Maybe he will request a trade very soon.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#57 » by Mavrelous » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:28 am

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:We crap on Kidd a lot, myself included, but he saw DJJ was better fit than Green, stuck with him despite disasterous 1st quarter against SAS, and he's playing better than MLE guys, and he seems to love playing with Luka/Kyrie and they lije him also.

DJJ is far the biggest positive surprise of the season. Josh far the most negative surprise of the season.

Both Green and Hardy...
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#58 » by Mavrelous » Sat Nov 11, 2023 10:36 am

I'm dying...
Read on Twitter
?s=20
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,933

Post#59 » by arkuo » Sat Nov 11, 2023 11:03 am

Green is now tradable for OG Anunoby along with Hardy, Omax and 2 first rounders. It's quite a price but I think that move takes you over the top. Nuggets spent a lot to get Aaron Gordon too and that move was their final piece that got them a ring.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,646

Post#60 » by Bob8 » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:01 pm

Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Both Green and Hardy...

Hardy was put in very difficult position after Kyrie trade. He just can't compete with the big 2 and Mavs need D much more than offense anyway. Josh on the other hand looks theoretically as great fit but was totally outplayed by minimum contract player. And I would say that Exum is much better too. It's not even close how disappointing they are.

Return to Dallas Mavericks