ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Grizzlies (Frid., Dec 1)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Who do you prefer on the broadcast?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 6, 2023 2:34 pm

Devin Harris
67%
Derek Harper
33%

Total votes: 9

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,862

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Grizzlies (Frid., Dec 1) 

Post#81 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 10:16 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:After 1 and a half year ozwizard8 can finally write about a bad Kyrie game, it's your day Champ. Enjoy!!!

stop crying.

I was writing about how Kyrie sucks any game. I am not commenting based on one-game score.

Mavs after Kyrie trade is a dumpster fire.
Celtics, Nets, Mavs, all last 7 years with Kyrie = LOSING.

gtfo all kyrie-suckers. max money and trade assets for guy was never right.

You won. Today.

Push it all over the world, tomorrow is another day and Kyrie could score 30 or 40.Do not waste time. write again!!!!
Enjoy the day and thank to God.
It's like Christmas for you.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,929

Post#82 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 2, 2023 10:18 am

GermanFan120 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Cut Hardy

Did you predict it was a bad draft too?

Not really, prediction relies on previous knowledge and familiarity, I don't watch college BB or G-league. for example, I can predict which posters will contribute something to a thread and which ones will only provide cynicism and bicker with others.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,147

Post#83 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 10:23 am

Bob8 wrote:Mavs are really strange collection of players, those, who have basketball knowledge can't defend at all and those, who are athletic, haven't any feel for basketball. When you start 3 of those, your offense can't be anything else than disastrous.

They should trade Josh, if they can get something useful for him. I don't believe we can get anything for Hardy.

And for all THJ haters, he's instrumental for Mavs winning, because there're simply noone else, who can score beside Luka/Kyrie.

THJ playing close to his contract for what its worth. He is instrumental for Mavs winning for like any decent $15-20m per year SG.

When your star player is out, you expect all others to play to their contracts to win the game. To be fair Grizzlies missing their franchise player too.

The problem is Luka-THJ were already offering offensive firepower with defensive deficiency. Now with Kyrie in, top 3 earners of Mavs is paid a total of $100m for PG-SG players who cannot defend much. I mean if you were paying Luka and Shai then it would be fine.

You should not pay $100m for PG-SG players who cannot defend. Out of Luka-Kyrie-THJ, you need to send at least one out.

I am no Josh Green fan or hater, he got an extension (similar money offered to Brunson). At age 23, for $13m/year, its hard to expect good BBIQ, 3-pt shooting, defense, athleticism together. That type of players are hard to find, it takes assets to get them. And they are probably paid higher.

Strange collection of players is created by the FO. Investing in Kyrie basically removed our rotation players. I mean Mavs had Dinwiddie-DFS, who I'd say have a BBIQ, at least the experience. That team made the WCF. Mavs denied to give Brunson $13m at the time, and later not offered $20-25m to compete with the Knicks. That was the 2nd S.Nash mistake of Cuban and he's trying to fix that with Kyrie disaster.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,147

Post#84 » by ozwizard8 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 10:26 am

41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:After 1 and a half year ozwizard8 can finally write about a bad Kyrie game, it's your day Champ. Enjoy!!!

stop crying.

I was writing about how Kyrie sucks any game. I am not commenting based on one-game score.

You won. Today.

Push it all over the world, tomorrow is another day and Kyrie could score 30 or 40.Do not waste time. write again!!!!

Stop crying out loud.

kyr*e can score 10 or 30. It doesn't matter.

Making Mavs 4th seed to 11th seed.

Kyrie apologizers have no argument to defend Kyrie's awful 7 years. He scores more or less. Well documented that he sucks to have for max player. For you, you'd rather see Luka request trade than Kyrie gone though.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#85 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 2, 2023 10:42 am

Bad game, this game showed the difference between an all star in Kyrie and MVP calibre player in Luka, but the most disppointing is the supporting cast, Grizzlies packed the paint and begged the Mavs to shoot, no one except Curry could make a shot, and instead of trying more they were scared to shoot, to add insult to inury, they were outhustled, another game I want to erase from my memory.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#86 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 10:52 am

We missed Exum a lot... I mean Dante Exum. Ouch.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#87 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 10:53 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:stop crying.

You won. Today.

Stop crying out loud.

kyr*e can score 10 or 30. It doesn't matter.

Making Mavs 4th seed to 11th seed.

Kyrie apologizers have no argument to defend Kyrie's awful 7 years. He scores more or less. Well documented that he sucks to have for max player. For you, you'd rather see Luka request trade than Kyrie gone though.

I want more! More!

After 1 year and a half i would have expected more... What a disappointment :cry:

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,094

Post#88 » by daoneandonly » Sat Dec 2, 2023 1:26 pm

So what were the personal issues with Luka & Exum?

Terrible performance, now a loss to okc. What the he'll is with Kyrie at the start of games? He's consistently bad.

Neither team will do it, but the best thing for all is a Kyrie/Hardy for Siakam deal. Balances both rosters far better.
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#89 » by daoneandonly » Sat Dec 2, 2023 1:41 pm

Mosquito bites itch
Shohei Ohtani can hit and pitch
Sometimes computers can experience a glitch
Josh Green will always be Desmond Bane's b**tch
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,164

Post#90 » by Archx » Sat Dec 2, 2023 2:07 pm

daoneandonly wrote:So what were the personal issues with Luka & Exum?

We don't know about Exum but you seriously didn't see all the news about Doncic?
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#91 » by daoneandonly » Sat Dec 2, 2023 2:16 pm

Archx wrote:

We don't know about Exum but you seriously didn't see all the news about Doncic?

Just saw it now, good for him. Just weird coincidence Exum was listed as the same I suppose. Had me worried
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,646

Post#92 » by Bob8 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 3:44 pm

Archx wrote:

Sure we know, it's the same reason. ;)
Bob8
General Manager

Post#93 » by Bob8 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 3:50 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Bad game, this game showed the difference between an all star in Kyrie and MVP calibre player in Luka, but the most disppointing is the supporting cast, Grizzlies packed the paint and begged the Mavs to shoot, no one except Curry could make a shot, and instead of trying more they were scared to shoot, to add insult to inury, they were outhustled, another game I want to erase from my memory.

In the end it's about math. Mavs simply don't have players to replace 50 points from Luka/THJ. That's why you can't have 3/4 of the roster totally untalented. Player like Markkanen would be huge in that regard, but unfortunately Kleber was seen as irreplaceable.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#94 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 2, 2023 3:55 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Bad game, this game showed the difference between an all star in Kyrie and MVP calibre player in Luka, but the most disppointing is the supporting cast, Grizzlies packed the paint and begged the Mavs to shoot, no one except Curry could make a shot, and instead of trying more they were scared to shoot, to add insult to inury, they were outhustled, another game I want to erase from my memory.

In the end it's about math. Mavs simply don't have players to replace 50 points from Luka/THJ. That's why you can't have 3/4 of the roster totally untalented. Player like Markkanen would be huge in that regard, but unfortunately Kleber was seen as irreplaceable.

Hardy was supposed to, 2nd year player, pullup shooter, he missed 2-3 shots and got scared, I would ignore it had he shown somwthing this year, but he's been bad since the start and in SL, that's how you find youself out of the league.
Green also drove me mad with his drives and passes, you don't drive into 4 Grizzlies under the rim.
There was a stretch where the game was close, and they kep losing every loose ball and rebound, and Kidd, dear lord, we just saw the difference in coaching and adjustments in this game, Kidd got humiliated by an excellent coach.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#95 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 2, 2023 3:56 pm

Bob8 wrote:
Archx wrote:

Sure we know, it's the same reason. ;)

I just googled, his GF announed she's pregnant in June, what are the chances both gave birth together...
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 3:57 pm

Bob8 wrote:

And what about defense?

Luka and THJ are labelled like bad defenders (and i can agree with that) but without those 2 we allowed 110 points at home against one of the worst team in the league right now.

Maybe the problem is the man on the bench and not the men on the court.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#97 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 2, 2023 4:02 pm

Hardy and green last year found themselves 3 rungs up the ladder and shined in the stretch between the trade and Luka coming back from injury, this year both are AWOL, someone needs to wake them up.
Mavs gave up 2 games they should've won, OKC today, terrible matchup for the Mavs, and 3 winnable games after it, after this it's sxhedule from hell, they will have losing streaks, I hope they wake up before.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#98 » by Bob8 » Sat Dec 2, 2023 4:06 pm

:noway:
Mavrelous wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Hardy was supposed to, 2nd year player, pullup shooter, he missed 2-3 shots and got scared, I would ignore it had he shown somwthing this year, but he's been bad since the start and in SL, that's how you find youself out of the league.
Green also drove me mad with his drives and passes, you don't drive into 4 Grizzlies under the rim.
There was a stretch where the game was close, and they kep losing every loose ball and rebound, and Kidd, dear lord, we just saw the difference in coaching and adjustments in this game, Kidd got humiliated by an excellent coach.

Having only 3 players, who can realistically easily go over 10 points is just not enough.

I doubt very much that Hardy will ever be efficient enough. Josh is just an athlete, who accidentally plays basketball. And others are role players by definition.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#99 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 2, 2023 4:08 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#100 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 2, 2023 4:11 pm

I love Seth, but he was limited when he was younger, and even more now, still, he was able to conjure up a run by himself, that tella you how winnable this game was and how bad the Grizzlies were, just a collective crapping of the pqnts by most of the roster and the coaching staff.

Return to Dallas Mavericks