ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Blazers (Frid., Dec 8)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,862

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Blazers (Frid., Dec 8) 

Post#41 » by 41Dirk41 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:04 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
He is already taking off or in the air by the time by the time Kyrie is going down and the whistle comes in. He misses the ball by a fraction of a second or he would’ve been able to hit it. And the only reason Dwight goes down at all is because Kyrie hits the opposing player mid air and still manages to fall the direction he was going which takes out Powell’s land space that he jumped from.

Basketball is a fast sport, in fact most sports are, anybody who sits on their couch, looks at a single play a dozen times, and gets on their high horse about a play and decision that happens in quite literally 1 second of game time are stupid.

**** happens. It sucks. But Powell isn’t really to blame. But considering he’s the least liked player on the team stupid people are going to be stupid about this situation.

It happens if you put a volleyball player on a basketball court...

Mavericks fans jerk off to highlights of Tyson Chandler tip outs but cry about Dwight doing the same thing.

I don’t even care the much about Dwight he’s a useful player sometimes for my favorite team but y’all are just pathetic.

It's pathetic someone who doesn't admit to writing bulls**t for months... At least your buddy disappeared and avoid the topic :lol:

Powell is the the biggest misfortune that has happened to the Mavs. I'm sorry for you ❤️
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#42 » by ejs78 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:52 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:
It happens if you put a volleyball player on a basketball court...

Mavericks fans jerk off to highlights of Tyson Chandler tip outs but cry about Dwight doing the same thing.

I don’t even care the much about Dwight he’s a useful player sometimes for my favorite team but y’all are just pathetic.

It's pathetic someone who doesn't admit to writing bulls**t for months... At least your buddy disappeared and avoid the topic

Powell is the the biggest misfortune that has happened to the Mavs. I'm sorry for you

*Totally unnecessary personal attack*
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,928

Post#43 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 9, 2023 8:01 pm

Boy, Mavs Twitter are calling for Powell head, and aren't very subtle about it...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,913

Post#44 » by dirkules_41 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 9:45 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Boy, Mavs Twitter are calling for Powell head, and aren't very subtle about it...

Well would you mind posting it rather than teasing it...
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#45 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 9, 2023 9:51 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Boy, Mavs Twitter are calling for Powell head, and aren't very subtle about it...

Well would you mind posting it rather than teasing it...

Herr are few that popped to my feed
Read on Twitter
?t=Arn3YyiiFUNZd7pBJmNP0A&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=ppMFV7s9IcF3ymLuFbqM6w&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=IsXsCIUythhspm2_i7LRLQ&s=19
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#46 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 9, 2023 9:52 pm

Mind you I'm not on Mavs Twitter, just follow few known accounts, so this is the tip of the iceberg
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#47 » by dirkules_41 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 10:22 pm

Well i mean it echoes our sentiments here for years now. I'm sure Dwight is a lovely person but at some point that shouldn't be the employment criteria for an NBA team :D
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#48 » by ejs78 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 10:55 pm

Mavrelous wrote:Mind you I'm not on Mavs Twitter, just follow few known accounts, so this is the tip of the iceberg
Slo Hoops Fan is the only one of these I've heard of. Its a pretty much a Luka account that has been mocked several times

Wouldn't consider these really good accounts to follow.

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,164

Post#49 » by Archx » Sat Dec 9, 2023 10:57 pm

ejs78 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Mind you I'm not on Mavs Twitter, just follow few known accounts, so this is the tip of the iceberg
Slo Hoops Fan is the only one of these I've heard of. Its a pretty much a Luka account that has been mocked several times

Please don't go to Mavs reddit then, twitter is mild compared to the other one :D
ejs78
Assistant Coach

Post#50 » by ejs78 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 11:08 pm

Archx wrote:
ejs78 wrote:

Please don't go to Mavs reddit then, twitter is mild compared to the other one :D
I'm sure it's pure insanity with plenty of hot takes.

BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,208

Post#51 » by BeiBeau » Sat Dec 9, 2023 11:17 pm

ejs78 wrote:

It’s literally one of the dumbest basketball minds on twitter.

Powell is literally trying to hit the ball out to THJ.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#52 » by Mavrelous » Sat Dec 9, 2023 11:49 pm

ejs78 wrote:

I don't follow any of them, Twitter algorithm popped them on my feed
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Post#53 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:05 am

The way this incident(injury) occured is Just by the lack of BBIQ(awareness) by Dwight...his teammate(a superstar) was falling near him and he decides to jump(over him) in a crowded area where he had no chance of getting the ball :banghead: ...watch the replay and you'll see he has no idea where Kyrie is ,even though he's right infront of him...he watched the ball and doesn't pay any attention to his surroundings

It's obvious he didn't mean to,but this would have been easily prevented if he was more focused on what's happening,instead of Just watching the ball...and that is even without the fact that the two Portland players were in a better position to secure the rebound and the fact that he's a notoriously bad rebounder...the chances of him tippimg the ball to his teammates in this situation were almost zero
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:44 am

Kyrie has just a contusion. Thanks God. We dodged a bullet.

I recommend Kidd, let that inept play again.
I'm curious to see how harmful that scrub can be.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:50 am

Powell is one of the worst player in the league and we resigned him not 1 but 2 times.

8 years with a volleyball player on the court, thank you Cuban. Good job.
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant

Post#56 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 11:29 am

BliscoSantos wrote:The way this incident(injury) occured is Just by the lack of BBIQ(awareness) by Dwight...his teammate(a superstar) was falling near him and he decides to jump(over him) in a crowded area where he had no chance of getting the ball :banghead: ...watch the replay and you'll see he has no idea where Kyrie is ,even though he's right infront of him...he watched the ball and doesn't pay any attention to his surroundings

I mean that's just DP in 98% of on court situations :lol: :sigh:

Return to Dallas Mavericks