ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Wolves (Wed., 8PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,147

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Wolves (Wed., 8PMEST) 

Post#41 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:46 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:The Mavs really need to overhaul their fitness coaching team and physio staff...the amount of injuries is riddiculous

Why? Kyrie is always injured. This is a fact that is not changing with Mavs Celtics or Nets.

Luka didnt miss more games than he missed on average in last two years.

Lively broken nose is not related either.

If you get Kyrie, your team will get more Losses.
Picking on coach, physio, staff to bail Kyrie’s absence is nonsense. Max player who rarely plays good and often sits with street clothes.

What a pile of utter nonsense. His longest absence this season was caused by Agent Maple Leaf falling on his leg. I mean clearly that's on Ky for standing there, how dare he!
We get you hate him but your line or argumentation is getting embarrassing. Just say you don't like the dude and be done with it.

lol I do not hate Kyrie. Go to my post history, I never posted anything about Kyrie while he was not on Mavs.
I hate Mavs struggle due to paying MAX money for a injury-prone, small shooting guard who doesn't fit with Luka.

This is the NBA. There are a lot of big bodies jumping, reaching and falling on the ground or players. Durability of Kyrie is a known issue. Finger, ankle, knee etc etc. For some players at old age this translates to injuries and longer heal up times. Some other players known as durable and they keep playing most of the games.
So its hard to say aging Kyrie missing games is particularly bad luck.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,646

Post#42 » by Bob8 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:46 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:
BliscoSantos wrote:The Mavs really need to overhaul their fitness coaching team and physio staff...the amount of injuries is riddiculous

Why? Kyrie is always injured. This is a fact that is not changing with Mavs Celtics or Nets.

Picking on coach, physio, staff to bail Kyrie’s absence is nonsense. Max player who rarely plays good and often sits with street clothes.

You're focusing on Kyrie but he's missed a large number of games because Powell fell clumsy and injured him..btw he got lucky on that play,that could have easily ended a lot worse..Luka's been banged up since the begining..Exum(last year he played 75 games for Partizan, Euroleague+Aba league) has missed a lot of games ..Maxi has missed how many games?? Some of it is bad luck (Powell falling on Kyrie definetetly is, discloacated finger trying to get a steal is also unfortunate) and some of it is bad management,trying to bring someone in before they've healed(Maxi)

Problem with Kyrie's injuries is time he needs to recover. It looks to me that he goes super safe every time, which basically means, every minor injury takes a lot of time. If Luka starts to do the same, Mavs will be dead and buried very soon.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#43 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 8:47 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:Why? Kyrie is always injured. This is a fact that is not changing with Mavs Celtics or Nets.

What a pile of utter nonsense. His longest absence this season was caused by Agent Maple Leaf falling on his leg. I mean clearly that's on Ky for standing there, how dare he!
We get you hate him but your line or argumentation is getting embarrassing. Just say you don't like the dude and be done with it.

The funniest part is

Max player who rarely plays good

Kyrie with Mavs 26-5-6 with 54/40/92 % shooting.

Definitely a no Mavs fan. Just a hater. Skip him :wink:

Kyrie missed a lot of games since he came to Mavs 1 year ago. Probably missed 30-50% of the games.
In the games Kyrie-Luka played together, Mavs record is 18-20.
Assuming a player missed almost half of the games, and his team didn't win most of the games he played, you can easily conclude that he rarely plays as well as the MAX contract suggests.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach

Post#44 » by ozwizard8 » Thu Feb 1, 2024 9:09 pm

Bob8 wrote:Problem with Kyrie's injuries is time he needs to recover. It looks to me that he goes super safe every time, which basically means, every minor injury takes a lot of time. If Luka starts to do the same, Mavs will be dead and buried very soon.

Older age -> healing time gets extended.
Same injury occurs again -> more precautions are needed.
Play style -> Susceptible to injuries.

Small guards are almost destined for a similar ending. Iverson, Kemba are examples. Rose-Roy were probably the unluckiest ones. Lillard definitely not same compared to 4-5 years ago. (Mind that Lillard actually depends more on 3pt threat). Curry not going for much acrobatic finishes, he plays more off-ball.

Traditionally small guards are not good bets after age of 31. Kyrie played like 50ish games on average for last 5 years so we cant expect much more from him. This team doesn't look like a contender even if Luka-Kyrie plays together. I read their record together is 18-20. Why would Kyrie rush to come back from an injury?

Return to Dallas Mavericks