ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Thunder (Sat., 3PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

How many dunks will Gafford have?

Poll ended at Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:46 am

No votes
8%
2+
92%

Total votes: 12

BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs vs Thunder (Sat., 3PMEST) 

Post#121 » by BliscoSantos » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:22 pm

Teffer10 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Finally they put good basketball player around Luka and this is what happened... Destroyed the best team in the west.

We are damn strong and deep, everybody look better without scrubs on the court.
Luka looked like a baby in a candy shop.

I hope the "resign all our guys everytime" fiasco is over. Fu*k Cuban and your stupid ass head.

Let's go Mavssssssssss

Wouldn't surprise me if they try to make one big move in the offseason to solidify our wing situation though.

Depth shouldn't be our problem this year, but I'm not sure we have the pieces at wing (especially defensively) to put us over the top.
We will need to trade some of that quantity for quality I'm afraid.

I think they're gonna try to bring in a SF/PF hybrid...since this is a young team maybe somebody like Eason or Trey Murphy III...any other similar young Players out there??
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,162

Post#122 » by Archx » Sun Feb 11, 2024 5:32 pm

Pokuokic wrote:Maxi when healthy is the most underrated big man in the NBA

Let's just hope they glued his toe back together for the rest of the season so it doesn't fall off again.
Dan1970
Freshman
And1: 55

Post#123 » by Dan1970 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:49 pm

The Mavs were energized with the trades. We will see how long it lasts.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,964

Post#124 » by tontoz » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:46 pm

Just watched the game. Must have been exciting for Gafford to get that kind of fan reaction. He hasn't played many games that mattered. He wasn't getting many minutes with the bulls when we traded for him.

One thing we noticed quickly is that he has good hands. That is a key issue for bigs, getting rebounds and catching passes in traffic.

None of the fans really wanted to trade him. Some are upset that we did.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
dirkules_41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,912

Post#125 » by dirkules_41 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:37 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Flattered and then cry for mom and dad in the same comment?

You’re doing the same thing you consistently do. You hunt for a number on the internet, decide it’s not good enough, and then claim which players are good or bad based on that number. Pointing that out isn’t an attack.

Don't invoke family members, and stop the ad hominem.

Laughable modding, the aggressor is clearly the other party.
Read this please! Comments on moderating go to private messages
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2357380

It's not the first time you're siding in conversations here lately issuing warnings to one side and being overly protective of the aggressor party, we had a discussion about this not too long ago and it's noticeable lately - I don't think I've ever called out the quality of the modding here before in 17 years or however long I've been on this board.
I didn't receive a PM from you and I think this is of public interest.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,093

Post#126 » by daoneandonly » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:38 pm

Awesome team game. One game so cant get too excited yet as Grant looked like he'd be a fit the first couple of weeks, but Gafford is an energy guy that checks off some big needs, so hopefully thats contagious to the rest of the team. WOuld like to see PJ get the start next game.
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,646

Post#127 » by Bob8 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:01 pm

dirkules_41 wrote:
dirkules_41 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:Don't invoke family members, and stop the ad hominem.

Laughable modding, the aggressor is clearly the other party.
Read this please! Comments on moderating go to private messages
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=2357380

It's not the first time you're siding in conversations here lately issuing warnings to one side and being overly protective of the aggressor party, we had a discussion about this not too long ago and it's noticeable lately - I don't think I've ever called out the quality of the modding here before in 17 years or however long I've been on this board.
I didn't receive a PM from you and I think this is of public interest.

So I and Archx are having normal conversation, we mostly agree on things btw and both look at advanced stats a lot, then a guy jumps from nowhere, his first post in 14 days, didn't even participate in the whole thread, has nothing constructive to say about the debate, except how stupid I'm? And I'm a aggressor? Mine contribution was advanced stats and my own view on them. What exactly was his contribution to the debate?

We're debating basketball here, and it's totally normal not agreeing about things, there wouldn't be any debates otherwise. But I doubt very much that we should be making personal statements in this forum, especially since we don't know **** about each others.
Archx
RealGM

Post#128 » by Archx » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:01 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Awesome team game. One game so cant get too excited yet as Grant looked like he'd be a fit the first couple of weeks, but Gafford is an energy guy that checks off some big needs, so hopefully thats contagious to the rest of the team. WOuld like to see PJ get the start next game.

Yeah i would also like to see for example Gafford with Maxi in the starting lineup. But we know Kidd likes to go small with starters so it's probably going to be DJJ with either Lively or Gafford.

I would try

-Gafford
-Maxi or PJ
-Green or DJJ
-Kyrie
-Luka
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,763

Post#129 » by Dirk » Sun Feb 11, 2024 9:16 pm

BeiBeau wrote:
Archx wrote:
Captain_Obvious wrote:Dwight going from starter to garbage minutes.

5 years too late.

It’s a great day for 41Dirk41.

For all of us really. Dallas having a very strong center rotation is amazing.

In this topic, you mention how "Bob8" can't be taken seriously. Then you randomly bring up another user out of nowhere, 41Dirk41.

It'd be one thing if you were friendly about it or seemed like you were just cracking a joke. But no... you come off like you have some sort of resentment and are just looking to provoke.

Needless to say... there's no value in provoking other users... if you do not take Bob8 seriously, you can just ignore him. If you do not respect another user, you can just ignore them.

Failure to ignore them or to not engage them respectfully, just makes you look bad and it's a waste of time as evidenced by some of the posts generated in this topic.
60/21/10
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,862

Post#130 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:33 pm

BliscoSantos wrote:
Teffer10 wrote:
41Dirk41 wrote:Finally they put good basketball player around Luka and this is what happened... Destroyed the best team in the west.

We are damn strong and deep, everybody look better without scrubs on the court.
Luka looked like a baby in a candy shop.

I hope the "resign all our guys everytime" fiasco is over. Fu*k Cuban and your stupid ass head.

Let's go Mavssssssssss

Wouldn't surprise me if they try to make one big move in the offseason to solidify our wing situation though.

Depth shouldn't be our problem this year, but I'm not sure we have the pieces at wing (especially defensively) to put us over the top.
We will need to trade some of that quantity for quality I'm afraid.

I think they're gonna try to bring in a SF/PF hybrid...since this is a young team maybe somebody like Eason or Trey Murphy III...any other similar young Players out there??

Yes probably the next move will be for a good 2way wing... It's the missing piece here.

But first i would like to see how good is this roster with finally 2 real Cs and PJ...
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#131 » by daoneandonly » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:34 pm

Archx wrote:
daoneandonly wrote:Awesome team game. One game so cant get too excited yet as Grant looked like he'd be a fit the first couple of weeks, but Gafford is an energy guy that checks off some big needs, so hopefully thats contagious to the rest of the team. WOuld like to see PJ get the start next game.

Yeah i would also like to see for example Gafford with Maxi in the starting lineup. But we know Kidd likes to go small with starters so it's probably going to be DJJ with either Lively or Gafford.

I would try

-Gafford
-Maxi or PJ
-Green or DJJ
-Kyrie
-Luka

Agreed, except u know the one name I disagree with. Though I appreciate the or
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,862

Post#132 » by 41Dirk41 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:35 pm

Dirk wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Archx wrote:
5 years too late.

In this topic, you mention how "Bob8" can't be taken seriously. Then you randomly bring up another user out of nowhere, 41Dirk41.

It'd be one thing if you were friendly about it or seemed like you were just cracking a joke. But no... you come off like you have some sort of resentment and are just looking to provoke.

Needless to say... there's no value in provoking other users... if you do not take Bob8 seriously, you can just ignore him. If you do not respect another user, you can just ignore them.

Failure to ignore them or to not engage them respectfully, just makes you look bad and it's a waste of time as evidenced by some of the posts generated in this topic.

No problem Mod, he's an obvious troll... Just waiting for a ban like the Chicago Bulls fan.
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,763

Post#133 » by Dirk » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:42 pm

41Dirk41 wrote:
Dirk wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:

No problem Mod, he's an obvious troll... Just waiting for a ban like the Chicago Bulls fan.

The Mavericks just had a nice game and everyone is excited.

Is it that hard to forget this silly stuff about other users?

I.e, if you feel any user is a troll, report posts when you feel anyone is trolling. Don't write in the topics "oh, x is a troll".

I hope you understand that we're probably all over 18 and some of this stuff is way too silly really. I literally just asked a user to not bring up other users and then you quote me... to bring up another user as being a troll. :noway:
60/21/10
daoneandonly
RealGM

Post#134 » by daoneandonly » Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:54 pm

Like Dirk said, Mavs won, and beat a really good team at that. Let's celebrate and enjoy it while we can.
BeiBeau
Starter
And1: 1,208

Post#135 » by BeiBeau » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:03 pm

Dirk wrote:
BeiBeau wrote:
Archx wrote:
5 years too late.

This post that you’ve quoted is me celebrating that Dallas has a great back up center. Which is extra exciting for 41Dirk41 because he famously hates Powell more than anyone. I know that 41Dirk41 took it sensitively which is disappointing because I had thought he and I had sort of buried the hatchet in the game thread for the Mavs Timberwolves game in December.
Apz
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,003

Post#136 » by Apz » Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:21 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Like Dirk said, Mavs won, and beat a really good team at that. Let's celebrate and enjoy it while we can.

Look, just chill guys. We can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Even Dae made a full 2 sentense post without even mentioning Greens name. Its not impossible we lose 1-2-3 games after the allstar break, lets enjoy this time when most see some hope for the future. It can crash fast with the injuryluck we had this far this season
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,147

Post#137 » by ozwizard8 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:08 am

I was in Dallas for the weekend but 2pm didn't work for me as I had sth else to attend. What a nice game it was.

It is crazy to acquire Lively and Gafford in just six months. I really think they're both top 20 Cs in the league maybe even better.
Props to FO. I cant believe how other teams did not jump for a pick-switch trade for Gafford.
Holmes acquisition was good for having this tradeable contract at hand. We got Omax and lost a future pick's control.
Swish77
Junior
And1: 84

Post#138 » by Swish77 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:29 pm

Archx wrote:

I would try

-Gafford
-Maxi or PJ
-Green or DJJ
-Kyrie
-Luka

We had the best game of the year and you want to change the rotations? Also 4 wins in a row. Yeah I'm good with what Kidd's doing right now.
Archx
RealGM

Post#139 » by Archx » Mon Feb 12, 2024 5:30 pm

Swish77 wrote:
Archx wrote:

I would try

-Gafford
-Maxi or PJ
-Green or DJJ
-Kyrie
-Luka

We had the best game of the year and you want to change the rotations? Also 4 wins in a row. Yeah I'm good with what Kidd's doing right now.

Easy answer to this is, you always want to find a way to optimize your lineup around your best player.

Also, Kidd is not doing anything, it's still the same offense it's just that Luka is playing out of his mind and now Kyrie being healthy is helping. Gafford and Pj just naturally fit in, so it's even easier. But if Gafford only plays 17 mins again, then Kidd is even a bigger dumbass than he already is.

Return to Dallas Mavericks