ImageImageImage

RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Cavaliers (Tuesd., 7PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,094

Re: RS 23/24 - Mavs @ Cavaliers (Tuesd., 7PMEST) 

Post#21 » by daoneandonly » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:16 am

Kidd sucks, the winning streak was fun while it lasted i suppose
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,094

Post#22 » by daoneandonly » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:18 am

KIdd, Kleber, Green; these guys are not conducive to winning, successful basketball
kacey ring
Sixth Man
And1: 881

Post#23 » by kacey ring » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:21 am

Another blackout for me. Was box scoring watching. What a way to lose.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,164

Post#24 » by Archx » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:23 am

Hey, at least Gafford played 7 minutes. That's something.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,551

Post#25 » by Maverick41 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:24 am

kacey ring wrote:Another blackout for me. Was box scoring watching. What a way to lose.

Might be for the best since it was heartbreaking to watch. Team hustled their butts off in the end, took the lead off a PJ layup from a no-look Luka pass. Only to lose from a hard court heave from Strus. This loss hurts.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,164

Post#26 » by Archx » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:28 am

Maverick41 wrote:
kacey ring wrote:Another blackout for me. Was box scoring watching. What a way to lose.

Might be for the best since it was heartbreaking to watch. Team hustled their butts off in the end, took the lead off a PJ layup from a no-look Luka pass. Only to lose from a hard court heave from Strus. This loss hurts.

Specially when you know it was perfectly avoidable. That mistake from THJ who passed the ball from inbound back to Kyrie was a 6pt swing on it's on. Leaving their shooters open allowing Mitchell and Struss to shoot 7/10 from 3 was also a questionable decision.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,551

Post#27 » by Maverick41 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:34 am

Archx wrote:Specially when you know it was perfectly avoidable. That mistake from THJ who passed the ball from inbound back to Kyrie was a 6pt swing on it's on. Leaving their shooters open allowing Mitchell and Struss to shoot 7/10 from 3 was also a questionable decision.

Cavs made 7 3s in a row to close the 4th. 1 of them Luka was being lazy off the Kyrie TO. 3 of them was on THJ who clearly did not get the memo on Strus. 2 from Mitchell were literally moving off of obvious moving screens by Allen. The last one was just a lucky shot.

Ugh just frustrating.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Post#28 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:34 am

How many games(close games) did the Mavs lose since Kidd's incharge? One good post season run should not give you that much credit to burn...and he also got thoroughly outcoached in that WCF run against GS...Kidd is the weak link... he's not a coach, he's an assistant :banghead:
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,170

Post#29 » by GermanFan120 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 2:52 am

What a lucky shot. I'm ok with this loss.
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
BliscoSantos
Bench Warmer
And1: 708

Post#30 » by BliscoSantos » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:33 am

The lucky shot for the win isn't the problem....the problem is the inability of the coach to adjust the game plan,execute plays, forcing minutes on players that are totaly out of form and forgeting that you actually have a solid bench, TO(to use) and challenges to give

THJ 26 min
Maxi 26 min
Gafford 6 min
DJJ 8 min
Hardy 4 minutes

Like seriously...WTF??... it's not like THJ and Maxi were doing good...Kidd needs to be held accountable for the terrible coaching...where are the reporters that should be asking the obvious questions??...how long will he be allowed to keep shifting the blame on others,taking on no responsibility whatsoever...I liked J Kidd as a Player but he's a terrible coach...hope the new owners fire him in the offseason...the team isn't going anywhere with him in charge
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,862

Post#31 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:32 am

Refs sucked and Cleveland was extremely lucky with that Strus streak but this team is becoming stagnant again... the pensioner on the sidelines is really cooked.

All game long was Kyrie or Luka VS 5. No offensive schemes.
We are a team stacked with 30minutes with "i can just shoot" THJ and "one 3FGM a game" Kleber.

Gafford is already in the dog house. Good.

I'm no surprise if Powell will returns soon on the rotation... Watch out
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 10,926

Post#32 » by Mavrelous » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:36 am

What a heart breaker...
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#33 » by ejs78 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:45 am

0-4 road trip coming
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,933

Post#34 » by arkuo » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:03 am

Kidd is trying to get THJ his shot back in time for the playoffs. However when it's not falling, it looks ugly. But a shooter's gonna keep shooting. Lucky for Dallas his contract is expiring soon. No way to another 4 year deal.
41Dirk41
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,862

Post#35 » by 41Dirk41 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:12 am

arkuo wrote:Kidd is trying to get THJ his shot back in time for the playoffs. However when it's not falling, it looks ugly. But a shooter's gonna keep shooting. Lucky for Dallas his contract is expiring soon. No way to another 4 year deal.

THJ in a NBA basketball court can just shoot the ball, he taked 5 shoots in 26 minutes.
Neither his game plan was right.

This is the definition of useless or even harmful for the team.
The lineup with him, Luka and Kyrie isn't sustainable. Just a mediocre coach can put those 3 on the court together.

At least PJ was really solid tonight.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#36 » by Mavrelous » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:18 am

They played great game, bad officiating, unlucky bounces (man that rebound that slip from Kyrie hand late), lucky shots by Strus and Mitchell and a miracle heave lost the game, hell I'm not even blaming Kidd for this, small ball with Maxi and THJ worked, he just rolled with it.
It's not the usual loss, where they don't execute, main problems persists, no offensive contribution from anyone outside of Luka/Kyrie, but they defended well, and executed well.
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,147

Post#37 » by ozwizard8 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:22 am

I was watching the game 1 hour behind. NBA TV app glitched and it suddenly put me back to Cavs broadcast and interview with Struss. I saw the score and Cavs won by 2.

Watching the 4th quarter while I knew the score. Refs helped Cavs a little in the clutch minutes. So they're up 3 and Mavs go for 2 with Kyrie. Now, we're down 1 and Kidd wanted to go for steal. We lost 15 sec without fouling. I was saying hey I guess Kidd dropped the ball here with his 'risky' tactics. He likes to be unorthodox... But then after timeout, we got a steal.
Next play Luka saves the ball and making the assist in traffic. Mavs winning with 1pt while there is only 1-2 seconds left. I understand that there will be some impossible shot going in. And hey Struss made the shot of his life.

Cant be mad about the result. Cavs team is stacked especially for regular season. Our roster is not flawless so we cannot expect our team to overpower other teams like Celtics. I think we deserved to win, we got a good closing stretch.
Maxi blocked a shot, then we got a steal and a fastbreak jam with Green. Kyrie made two, Luka saved possession and make the assist.

Overall it was a good execution. Mitchell's bank 3 was mostly luck, and Struss is pure luck. If you concede 2 hailmary three pointers against a solid team, you'll lose the game. Thats kinda okay but these 2 losses put our in a tough position.

B2B for tomorrow will be challenging. Must win.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,147

Post#38 » by ozwizard8 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:24 am

Mavrelous wrote:They played great game, bad officiating, unlucky bounces (man that rebound that slip from Kyrie hand late), lucky shots by Strus and Mitchell and a miracle heave lost the game, hell I'm not even blaming Kidd for this, small ball with Maxi and THJ worked, he just rolled with it.
It's not the usual loss, where they don't execute, main problems persists, no offensive contribution from anyone outside of Luka/Kyrie, but they defended well, and executed well.

Also Cavs are not necessarily a bad team. Garland-Mitchell duo can win a game against any team if they're on form while having good defensive pieces in Struss-Mobley-Allen. In a playoff series, you can make players study against them to make more adjustments but for an away game this was a pretty decent effort.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#39 » by Mavrelous » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:34 am

ozwizard8 wrote:
Mavrelous wrote:They played great game, bad officiating, unlucky bounces (man that rebound that slip from Kyrie hand late), lucky shots by Strus and Mitchell and a miracle heave lost the game, hell I'm not even blaming Kidd for this, small ball with Maxi and THJ worked, he just rolled with it.

Also Cavs are not necessarily a bad team. Garland-Mitchell duo can win a game against any team if they're on form while having good defensive pieces in Struss-Mobley-Allen. In a playoff series, you can make players study against them to make more adjustments but for an away game this was a pretty decent effort.

Yep, just count the amount of last second shots made by the Cavs, Okuro was chased off the 3-pt line and pulled up a long 2, LeVert had a contested floater.
It's heart breaking, but it was mainly bad luck.
Hopefully they stay motivated tomorrow against the Raps and in 3 days against the Celts on national TV.
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks

Post#40 » by Mavrelous » Wed Feb 28, 2024 5:40 am

Luka and Kyrie played 40 minutes, Exum is badly needed tomorrow.

Return to Dallas Mavericks