ImageImageImage

Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G2 - Mavs @ Thunder (Thursd., 9:30PMEST)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,944

Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G2 - Mavs @ Thunder (Thursd., 9:30PMEST) 

Post#1 » by Dirk » Wed May 8, 2024 12:08 pm

Lead us DJJr.

"At the end of the day, one team's gotta get to four wins, right? Obviously, we'd like to have Game 1, but you just gotta watch film and move on to the next one. There's a new game in two days, so we got another chance to win."

Everyone needs to simply be better.

Kyrie Irving on defending a player like Shai Gilgeous-Alexander without fouling: "I'm going to show my respect and say that he's a great player. But tonight, in the first half, there wasn't really a rhythm for a lot of players out there. It was a lot of slow down, watching free throws being taken, and adjusting to the way the game was being called. It felt like a regular season game tonight, in my perspective. I don't speak for anyone else, but I think it was like a regular season game because we came off a very physical series against the LA Clippers, then we had some fouls called, and some of them may have been fouls or a majority of them. But as a competitor, you want the flow of the game to feel like the playoffs, with high physicality. It just feels better. It's all about adjustments. It's about continuing to stay positive through some of the runs they make and being mature about who we're going against - a good team that's shown it all year. They have a starting five with a plus-minus through the roof and one of the top defenses. So, we'll give them credit, but we have to come into game two ready and prepared."
60/21/10
Mavrelous
Forum Mod - Mavericks
Forum Mod - Mavericks
And1: 11,027

Re: Playoffs 2024 - R2 - G2 - Mavs @ Thunder (Thursd., 9:30PMEST) 

Post#2 » by Mavrelous » Wed May 8, 2024 12:33 pm

Go Mavs!!
blicka wrote:Can't wait to see doncic on an island vs jimmy butler,paul george or kahwi leonard and those weak ass moves that work in europe getting shut down
Dirk
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,944

Post#3 » by Dirk » Wed May 8, 2024 4:58 pm

Must be cool to be this athletic.

60/21/10
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,082

Post#4 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 8, 2024 5:03 pm

Over/under Luka from 3 20%.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#5 » by GermanFan120 » Wed May 8, 2024 5:51 pm

Thunder and Timberwolves meeting each other in WCF is inevitable!

Injured Luka and the Mavs are no match!

OKC will beat Mavs by 8+ points in Game 2. Mavs will lose and Luka will have another terrible shooting display. Again, no need to watch this and consider yourself warned!
Everyone has a right to be stupid. Some just abuse the privilege.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by ChipotleWest » Wed May 8, 2024 7:07 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:Thunder and Timberwolves meeting each other in WCF is inevitable!

OKC will beat Mavs by 8+ points in Game 2. Mavs will lose and Luka will have another terrible shooting display. Again, no need to watch this and consider yourself warned!

Sad but true
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#7 » by GermanFan120 » Wed May 8, 2024 7:09 pm

GermanFan120 wrote:Thunder and Timberwolves meeting each other in WCF is inevitable!

GermanFan120 wrote:
We-Are-Lasers wrote:Good luck Mavs :).

Nice attempt, Heat fan.

To all Mavs fans:

Keep your expectation as low as it can be, Mavs are playing in Miami tonight, you all know how lucky we were throughout game 2 - game 5. Tonight all we gotta do is to PLAY HARD on D! And cut the turnovers! I put my money on Jason Kidd tonight.

SHOW SOME HEART!!! YOU CHOKERS!!!

IN FACT MAVS ALREADY LOST AFTER WHAT HAPPENED IN GAME 3.
Swish77
Junior
And1: 86

Post#8 » by Swish77 » Wed May 8, 2024 8:22 pm

I can't wait until the mavs win game 2 and all these so called mavs fans have to eat crow.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,161

Post#9 » by ozwizard8 » Wed May 8, 2024 8:40 pm

If NBA and its refs continue their match-fixing then it will be another easy win for OKC and TWolves. They can even sideline their Gobert, Chet etc. It doesn't matter. REFS are just OP.

Watch the 3rd quarter. Mavs made a run but REFS said no.

Lou Dort getting 3 offensive foul calls on legit screens. They made a run out of those off. foul screen calls. And they also eliminated Mavs offense using screens at the top with those BS offensive foul calls.
Dort kicking Doncic ball and then jumping on his legs. Should've been easy kick ball call but no it became OKC fastbreak.

SGA is treated like a WNBA princess in the same court while Kyrie-Luka is defended with two hands on them. When everyone hacks you and hit your arm, then you cannot even dribble.
joesha1698
Senior
And1: 128

Post#10 » by joesha1698 » Wed May 8, 2024 11:34 pm

ozwizard8 wrote:If NBA and its refs continue their match-fixing then it will be another easy win for OKC and TWolves. They can even sideline their Gobert, Chet etc. It doesn't matter. REFS are just OP.

Lou Dort getting 3 offensive foul calls on legit screens. They made a run out of those off. foul screen calls. And they also eliminated Mavs offense using screens at the top with those BS offensive foul calls.
Dort kicking Doncic ball and then jumping on his legs. Should've been easy kick ball call but no it became OKC fastbreak.

SGA is treated like a WNBA princess in the same court while Kyrie-Luka is defended with two hands on them. When everyone hacks you and hit your arm, then you cannot even dribble.

I do agree that SGA is getting advantages from the refs. They treat SGA like that because he's apart of a small market. I feel like this is a reward for sticking with OKC. One of the biggest issues with his game is that he drives to the basket (lunges himself into the defender) and then throws the ball up and he's getting those calls. Pretty much everytime the ball was dropped off to Gafford - one could argue that he's being hacked but he didnt live at the line like SGA. We have no chance of guarding him if he can just come into the lane and initiate contact and get calls. You never want to be too focus on calls but Jason Kidd might have to challenge some of those calls he gets - to put the refs on notice that he's initiating the contact.

This is the type of team Dal has to just go all out against. Don't leave it to the refs. We need to be way more aggressive in game 2 and do not get caught up in their style of play. Luka (has to make the same adjustment he made in game 2 vs clips) go to the basket and be patient and find your shot in that lane. Do not settle for 3s early in the game. I also want to see Kyrie and Luka play off the ball a little more to increase the spacing. I think Exum will be very helpful in doing that. He only had 9 minutes last game and Hardaway and Josh Green had 17 and 25 respectively. I think Exum can really make a impact in this series from a ball handling perspective which will allow Kyrie and Luka to get to spots instead of initiating the offense from past the 3 point line. I think if Luka and Kyrie can get to spots - it may change the way the defense is able to key on them from top of the key.

We'll see.
dygaction
Head Coach
And1: 4,585

Post#11 » by dygaction » Thu May 9, 2024 12:16 am

No need to be so pessimistic. They used to say a series does not officially start until a team wins an away game.
ozwizard8
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,161

Post#12 » by ozwizard8 » Thu May 9, 2024 12:49 am

joesha1698 wrote:
ozwizard8 wrote:If NBA and its refs continue their match-fixing then it will be another easy win for OKC and TWolves. They can even sideline their Gobert, Chet etc. It doesn't matter. REFS are just OP.

I do agree that SGA is getting advantages from the refs. They treat SGA like that because he's apart of a small market. I feel like this is a reward for sticking with OKC. One of the biggest issues with his game is that he drives to the basket (lunges himself into the defender) and then throws the ball up and he's getting those calls. Pretty much everytime the ball was dropped off to Gafford - one could argue that he's being hacked but he didnt live at the line like SGA. We have no chance of guarding him if he can just come into the lane and initiate contact and get calls. You never want to be too focus on calls but Jason Kidd might have to challenge some of those calls he gets - to put the refs on notice that he's initiating the contact.

This is the type of team Dal has to just go all out against. Don't leave it to the refs.

It is not possible to go against match-fixing NBA and REFS.
Denver cannot do anything against REFs in their series. Even without Gobert, its elite defense.

Refs would make a NCAA team to win NBA as long as league office supports them in this effort.
Everyone saw what they did in 2006 Finals with D.Wade. They are shameless. Sth related to new TV deal, they want young American stars. Calls for SGA, Ant is ridiculous if you compare what happens in the other end of the court. PHX were 3-0 against Wolves in the season when the officiating was fair to each side.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Post#13 » by HMFFL » Thu May 9, 2024 2:55 am

36-8

That's OKC's record at home.

They're the challenge to us. Let's get these wins!

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM Forums mobile app
tleikheen
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,042

Post#14 » by tleikheen » Thu May 9, 2024 3:39 am

Clanging 3's is not getting Luka any calls but as I said last night Luka has to attack the basket and force the refs to make the calls .Collapse the defense and make this a physical game that favors the Mavs inside and allow Gafford and PJ play more the style they like to play .
OKC out hustled the Mavs on the boards and looked like they wanted last nights game more than the Mavs did.
Maverick41
Analyst
And1: 2,616

Post#15 » by Maverick41 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:23 am

We need to be more disciplined on the defensive end. Stop reaching, stop jumping on every ball fake. SGA thrives off of an inpatient defenders and the refs will give him all those foul calls because they love the guy for some reason. PJ and DJJ are bigger and longer then him, no need to jump.

On the offensive end, we need to drive more and stop settling for step back 3s. Chet is a twig. Be physical with him, let him feel every body blow. Gafford is literally the only one last game that was physical.
ChipotleWest
Lead Assistant

Post#16 » by ChipotleWest » Thu May 9, 2024 11:26 am

dygaction wrote:No need to be so pessimistic. They used to say a series does not officially start until a team wins an away game.

If Luka was healthy I wouldn't even bat at eye at losing Game 1 on the road, but he isn't. We were able to overcome that against an older Clippers team without a healthy Kawhi but this a healthy young team of athletes. We needed Luka at 100% to win this series.

Luka and Kyrie are like 2 out of 4 wheels on a car. If even one goes flat the car won't go anywhere. In other words we're very dependent on those two, especially Luka. Maybe more than any other team is dependent on their stars. If SGA was hobbled OKC has a lot of other scorers that might can make up for it, we don't.
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,105

Post#17 » by daoneandonly » Thu May 9, 2024 1:11 pm

Lets be real, part of the issue is Luka's conditioning and motivation to stay fit. The guy would already be an MVP if eh took that seriously. Look at what Brunson is doing, SGA, Edwards, etc. Zero reason for a guy with a copious amount of money not to be in better shape, he can buy all the master class chefs and training regiments he'd need.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#18 » by GermanFan120 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:44 pm

I predict all the 2nd round series will be 2-0. :(
Archx
RealGM
And1: 8,245

Post#19 » by Archx » Thu May 9, 2024 4:50 pm

daoneandonly wrote:Lets be real, part of the issue is Luka's conditioning and motivation to stay fit. The guy would already be an MVP if eh took that seriously. Look at what Brunson is doing, SGA, Edwards, etc. Zero reason for a guy with a copious amount of money not to be in better shape, he can buy all the master class chefs and training regiments he'd need.

Yeah feels like he's mentally already on vacation. He's getting injured a lot, basically it's a pattern now. He spends most of the time on vacations instead of getting ready for playoff grind. His body is too fragile apparently and breaks down every single season now. It's frustrating and annoying.
GermanFan120
Assistant Coach

Post#20 » by GermanFan120 » Thu May 9, 2024 4:52 pm

If we want to beat OKC in this series, tonight's game I'd say is a MUST WIN to give us a shot at winning the series.

If we don't win tonight, however, I'd say OKC in 5 or 6.

Would you guys agree?

Return to Dallas Mavericks