(Erick Dampier) is in better position to help the Nets

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,168

(Erick Dampier) is in better position to help the Nets 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 4, 2008 6:09 pm

Another time-tested source believes the Cavaliers (Drew Gooden) and Mavericks (Erick Dampier) are in better position to provide the Nets with frontcourt help, but neither team nor the Lakers can offer more than the Nuggets - an almost-rehabbed Nene or Marcus Camby vs. Kenyon Martin. According to my hall monitor, coach George Karl urgently wants Kidd to free Allen Iverson to concentrate exclusively on scoring. Aside from one of the two aforementioned big men, Denver is prepared to kick in Linas Kleiza and JR Smith.

Nothing special, but they mentioned Eric Dampier, but I don't think it's wise to even move him at this time. Avery can't trust Diop and I doubt we receive an upgrade over Eric.

Are any of you really wanting us to move Eric at this time?

Link
jwa1107
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#2 » by jwa1107 » Fri Jan 4, 2008 8:29 pm

unless the KVH for Shaq deal happens DAL needs to keep Damp
having a C rotation of Diop/Bass/Juwan is a bit lackluster over Damp/Diop/Bass
unbiased
Junior
And1: 101

Post#3 » by unbiased » Sat Jan 5, 2008 8:49 am

So the mavericks should help the nets? If a trade for Kidd happens, it will revolve around Harris, and will be a signal for panic. Diop will not resign aftr averaging 5 mpg the last three weeks...
f l u r p
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 67

Post#4 » by f l u r p » Sat Jan 5, 2008 5:02 pm

Damp is playing well and frankly, without him, the team bogs down. I'm still quite happy with the Damp signing. The guy does things that no one else on this team can do.
FGump
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by FGump » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:10 pm

I would not trade Dampier. Dampier is mentioned because out of town writers stupidly think the Mavs don't like him and would trade him in any deal.

I think the following is completely wrong >>> "Diop will not resign aftr averaging 5 mpg the last three weeks"
ben d
Analyst

Post#6 » by ben d » Sat Jan 5, 2008 10:29 pm

iverson and kidd sounds scary
go teh mavs
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Sat Jan 5, 2008 11:16 pm

f l u r p wrote:Damp is playing well and frankly, without him, the team bogs down. I'm still quite happy with the Damp signing. The guy does things that no one else on this team can do.

Very true.

Damp doesn't get much credit from many outsiders or Dallas fans. We will be very thin without Eric, and his contracts not as bad as some make it out to be. It's not like we are trying to stay below the cap, so salaries really don't matter, and not many outsiders can relate to that.
dirkforpres
RealGM
And1: 7,864

Post#8 » by dirkforpres » Sun Jan 6, 2008 4:18 am

Damp is playing well this year, Id rather trade Bass and/or Juwan pr Diop if New Jersey would do that for Kidd.
FIRE JASON KIDD
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 7, 2008 4:54 pm

Dallas Mavericks' Dampier still in question

Dampier missed his second consecutive game with what the club calls a left knee effusion. The injury occurred during the win over Golden State, when Dampier had 13 points, seven rebounds and three blocked shots.

"He didn't respond well after the Golden State game," Johnson said. "Swelling was there. He was limping pretty badly and couldn't practice. Yesterday [Saturday], he could hardly do anything.

"If he doesn't respond well [today], we're going to have to take a further look."

Link

Return to Dallas Mavericks