ImageImageImage

Mavericks Offseason Trade/Free Agent/Draft Thread

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Post#41 » by HMFFL » Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:51 pm

I'm not sure if Atlanta is going to be able to sign both Josh Smith and Josh Childress. Josh Smith is a lock to return, however I'm not sold that Josh Childress is, and that's someone Dallas could desperately use. The ASG and Billy Knight have both said they plan on signing both, but we all know that's not always the case, so it's bench could really use someone like J-Chill. A SNT would most likely be needed here. Atlanta may even consider moving Marvin Williams.
showtimesam
Veteran
And1: 32

Post#42 » by showtimesam » Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:27 pm

Bucks fan here..
I think we could definitely work out a Redd trade if your willing to send Josh Howard our way.
SpeedyG
RealGM
And1: 1,310

Post#43 » by SpeedyG » Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:46 pm

your_dallas_mavericks wrote:and how do you know that for sure, JES? Diop lived here for 4 years. He loved it in Dallas. The man won't like living in cold again like he did in Cleveland. He's coming back, especially if Avery's gone.

Diop actually has ties to Cherry Hills in NJ. One of the article mentioned that after the trade. Still goes there during the summer and would love to stay in NJ.

Not sure he's in their plans though. In fact, Dave D'Alessandro (one of the main Nets beat writer) thinks he won't be coming back.
zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,559

Post#44 » by zzaj » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:22 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:Another idea:

Dallas
Out: Josh Howard, Stackhouse, Eddie Jones, S/T George (with Bass's salary works in tradechecker)
In: Vince Carter, Travis Outlaw, Rudy Fernandez

Portland
Out: Travis Outlaw, Rudy Fernandez, Raef LaFrentz
In: Josh Howard, Stackhouse

New Jersey
Out: Vince Carter
In: Eddie Jones, George, Raef LaFrentz

New Lineup:
Dampier / Diop
Dirk / Bass
Carter / Outlaw
Fernandez / Jet
Kidd / Lue

Blazers aren't going to trade Rudy without seeing him play first. Outlaw is available, but hopefully in a package for a PG. The Trailblazer front office has made huge strides in ridding itself of the "jailblazer" tag...with JH's admitted pot use, I doubt he would ever be in a Blazer uniform. Raef's huge expiring has a lot of value and won't be dealt with lightly, and Stack is just old.

Long story short, no deal.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 944

Post#45 » by Captain_Obvious » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:44 pm

zzaj wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Blazers aren't going to trade Rudy without seeing him play first. Outlaw is available, but hopefully in a package for a PG. The Trailblazer front office has made huge strides in ridding itself of the "jailblazer" tag...with JH's admitted pot use, I doubt he would ever be in a Blazer uniform. Raef's huge expiring has a lot of value and won't be dealt with lightly, and Stack is just old.

Long story short, no deal.

That pot use comment is a good point, i didnt think of that. He killed his tradevalue even more what a dumb***.

I can understand you want to see Rudy first, but on the trade board portland fans more or less accepted this:
Blazers Trade: Outlaw, Webster, Jack, #13, LaFrentz
Receive: Howard, Terry

Now if we agree that Terry's value is not really high, then Webster, Jack and #13 add easily up for a late lottery pick of last season (wasnt it in the 20's, whatever). I guess we'll see next season what Josh's real value around the league is.
Btw Stack is an almost expiring, only 2mil guaranteed after next season.
TripleDouble
Senior
And1: 19

Post#46 » by TripleDouble » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:48 pm

WOW, this tread is amazing to me! Earlier this year you all laughed me off this board for having the audacity to even consider a trade involving Howard and Redd! For the record, it was much more advantageous for you that Howard and Stack for Redd! In fact here it is:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=750456

I am pretty sure that is much more appealing than what you
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,165

Post#47 » by HMFFL » Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:58 pm

TripleDouble wrote:WOW, this tread is amazing to me! Earlier this year you all laughed me off this board for having the audacity to even consider a trade involving Howard and Redd! For the record, it was much more advantageous for you that Howard and Stack for Redd! In fact here it is:

http://www.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=750456

I am pretty sure that is much more appealing than what you
TripleDouble
Senior

Post#48 » by TripleDouble » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:05 pm

Hey if you liked Stack and Howard for Redd straight up better, so would we! From our perspective Damp isn't a positive.
TripleDouble
Senior

Post#49 » by TripleDouble » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:08 pm

...I also didn't say that we gave you CV and a 1st (7th overall), too, lol.
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant

Post#50 » by Captain_Obvious » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:15 pm

HMFFL wrote:I'm not sure if Atlanta is going to be able to sign both Josh Smith and Josh Childress. Josh Smith is a lock to return, however I'm not sold that Josh Childress is, and that's someone Dallas could desperately use. The ASG and Billy Knight have both said they plan on signing both, but we all know that's not always the case, so it's bench could really use someone like J-Chill. A SNT would most likely be needed here. Atlanta may even consider moving Marvin Williams.

Marvin Williams aka "the guy that was drafted in front of Chris Paul"?

i blame your Hawks for this thread :lol:

@TripleDouble
Theres no 1st rounder in your tradeoffer
Trade 2:
Bucks
Redd
CV
Gadz

Mavs
Josh Howard
Dampier
Hassell

The Mavs cut Dampier’s contract size in half, and get a better scorer to go with Dirk. I am assuming Terry is on his way out, and a Harris/Redd backcourt would compliment each other nicely. CV would give them some legit scoring from there bigs when Dirk goes to the bench. I think the Bucks would have to include at least a 1st to make the Mavs bite on this.
TripleDouble
Senior

Post#51 » by TripleDouble » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:16 pm

Captain_Obvious wrote:-= Trade 2:
Bucks
Redd
CV
Gadz

Mavs
Josh Howard
Dampier
Hassell

The Mavs cut Dampier
Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by Captain_Obvious » Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:23 pm

Oh, ok. Some people prob overlooked that either. Or they assumed a lottery protection. But besides, i still wouldnt trade Josh for Redd straight up. Thats because we would in general just move from one hole to another and there are questions Redd will make us better, the Bucks did horrible this season. So i would still demand more than just Redd for Josh and Stack or Josh and Terry.
So a deal that would send expiring, young prospects and/or a pick would prob be more appealing to you guys than trading for Josh and giving up more talent. josh isnt the youngest after all.
arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,934

Post#53 » by arkuo » Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:05 am

im gonna be the first one to say that we should just keep every player as it is right now...

in the summer of 2011, these players will all come off the books..

dirk
howard
dampier
kidd (post extension)

terry still has 1 year left and stack is long gone..

that way, dallas will have like a gazillion dollars to spend for free agents.. cuban could go as high for somebody like lebron james who coincidentally will also be a free agent in 2011, or just some other young prospects like greg oden, al horford and kevin durant... all of whom are also free agents in 2011....
jwa1107
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#54 » by jwa1107 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:09 pm

someone figure out how to trade Josh to CHA for Jason Richardson...
and if Stack or JET goes with him that is fine by me...
DDansby123
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#55 » by DDansby123 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:14 pm

^ My thought was Josh and Stack for Richardson and Mohammed. Alternatively, I was considering Dirk and Stack for Richardson, Okafor, and Mohammed. That'd be an interesting lineup: Kidd-JRich-Howard-Okafor-Damp, with JET, Bass, and Mohammed off the bench, plus a FA. Not going to happen, but interesting.
JES12
RealGM
And1: 122

Post#56 » by JES12 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:31 pm

DDansby123 wrote:I was considering Dirk and Stack for Richardson, Okafor, and Mohammed. That'd be an interesting lineup: Kidd-JRich-Howard-Okafor-Damp, with JET, Bass, and Mohammed off the bench

Under the influence, eh?
dirtyfilthynasty
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#57 » by dirtyfilthynasty » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:41 pm

Would you guys do this trade?

Dirk
Josh

for

Marion
Wade
daoneandonly
RealGM
And1: 3,102

Post#58 » by daoneandonly » Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:48 pm

^^no way in hell, wade is useless without a legitimate center, and dampier doesnt qualify as that. Im all for rebuilding and even trading both of those pieces, but not for no damn wade and marion, theres a reason mia was the worse team
dirtyfilthynasty
General Manager

Post#59 » by dirtyfilthynasty » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:45 pm

daoneandonly wrote:^^no way in hell, wade is useless without a legitimate center, and dampier doesnt qualify as that. Im all for rebuilding and even trading both of those pieces, but not for no damn wade and marion, theres a reason mia was the worse team

Why do you believe Wade is useless without a center?

Could the reason that Miami had a bad record be because they have four players total who could crack the Mavs top 12?

Do you disagree that Kidd/Wade/Marion/Bass/Dampier is a better lineup than what we have now?
dirtyfilthynasty
General Manager

Post#60 » by dirtyfilthynasty » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:25 pm

Anybody doing a Dirk/Jet for Brand/Maggette trade now assuming that Brand is 100% back next season.

Kidd
Maggette
Howard
Brand
Dampier

That lineup is mighty interesting.

Return to Dallas Mavericks